Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Southeastern train disruption (franchise to be taken over by Govt p191)

Comments

• Between London Cannon Street and New Cross

TOC(s) affected
    Southeastern;

Description

Due to a vehicle striking a bridge earlier between New Cross and London Cannon Street:

Impact:
    Train services running to and from these stations may be delayed by up to 15 minutes or revised. Disruption is expected until 18:00 22/06.
  • Rizzo said:

Between London Cannon Street and New Cross

TOC(s) affected
    Southeastern;

Description

Due to a vehicle striking a bridge earlier between New Cross and London Cannon Street:

Impact:
    Train services running to and from these stations may be delayed by up to 15 minutes or revised. Disruption is expected until 18:00 22/06.

Trying to work that one out. Shurely they mean New Cross and London Bridge.
  • edited June 2017
    Earlier it was a broken down train at New Cross..it only became a bridge strike on the journey home...did the train break down when it hit the bridge?
  • Surely just hedging their bets? There's bound to be a bridgebash somewhere in SE London; it's a technicallity as to whether that's a rail bridge or not. Make the area big enough, you're covered.

Basically, your train is late but our Creative Excuses Department skipped home mid afternoon when things were running ok.
  • This isn't going to be happening on our lines.

• Curb_It said:

This isn't going to be happening on our lines.

Phwoar, what an undercarriage.
  • I thought it would get your juices going.
  • Elizabeth Line trains looking fancy in the Metro today... The air-con on those in the summer should draw in just about everyone with an SE postcode, though.
  • Sponsored links:

• I got handed a leaflet outside my station this morning about the threat to Charing Cross and Victoria direct rail services. I have heard about this before and have signed a petition.

It encourages those who are against it, to e-mail the department for transport at BetterSouthEastern@dft.gsi.gov.uk to oppose the threat.
    Head the e-mail 'Threat to rail services' and say that you are opposed to the proposition that all servcies from north kent and Bexleyheath lines should terminate at Cannon Street only. Please include your name and postcode in the e-mail, as this is required by DFT.

The consulation closes 30 June - so not long to get your oar in.

The south east is London's poor relation in terms of public transport. As far as I can see, this proposal is essentially to make life easier for those travelling from anywhere else in south London. This, after all that work at London Bridge!
  • Signal failure at London Bridge currently.
  • Good luck all tonight by the way.
  • I'd forgotten how much contempt I hold Southeastern trains in. #CockWombles
  • Macronate said:

Result, Barnehurst train delayed, on we get.

"Due to signal failure this train has been delayed but we should be off in a few minutes."

Two minutes later.

"This train has been cancelled."

All over to platform 7 to at least get to Lewisham.

But joy. Announcer says next train is via Bexleyheath.

But no, he apologiss for getting it completely wrong,

So...,

"The next train to arrive will be the Gillingham train via etc"

Five minutes later.

"Could all passengers waiting for the Gillingham service now go to platform 8."

Which is where we were in the first fucking place.

Don't come on this thread much as I don't use the trains much but I feel your pain.

They are fucking useless.

Normally you find that late platform changes are down too finding enough space to fit the train.

You may have all platforms full, and expecting the next free platform to be xx, so you announce that say the "Gillingham" train will leave from that platform and get everyone over too it. The next thing you know the signalbox calls too say, it's a platform alteration and will leave from a different one, so you then have too announce that it will be from a different platform.

I can assure you that these short notice platform alterations are not anything to do with the station staff as they have no control over train movements. My guess would be that they are trying to speed things up by (hopefully) having everybody ready before the train is actually in the platform rather than having a cavalry charge once it's in the platform.

Having spent 16yrs on the railway as platform staff, and as a signalman, I know that unexpected platform alterations can be annoying if the box doesn't tell the station staff well in advance. The Signalbox only concern is to keep trains running regardless of the staff or passengers.
  • Originally supposed to be sorted by 15.30, then 16.30, now 17.00.

I think it's safe to assume that rush hour trains will now be effected.
  • Canada Sq DLR shut. Not sure why, fire engine outside
  • Sponsored links:

• Ah FFS, in that case the Sir John Hawkshaw it is then tonight!
  • Canada Sq DLR shut. Not sure why, fire engine outside

Now back open
  • Got the 16:55 from Lewisham which was on time. Considering telling the wife they're screwed though and meeting AFKA who's on the train behind.
  • Oh how I fucking miss this!
  • edited June 2017
    Everything either delayed or cancelled at Greenwich. I only find out after jumping off of a bank bound DLR! DLR as always is working fine.
  • Just got on the 7:34 at Lee to Cannon Street, train is empty - whats that about?
  • I don't think I have heard a single announcement giving a reason for this mornings delays.