Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Alcoholic infusions

edited February 2012 in Not Sports Related
Anyone make these? My first batches of sloe gin are currently being transferred into bottles and they are very nice. I might try a few more.

Any suggestions?

Comments

• 2 shots of vodka....half a shot of peach brandy (Archers).....Cranberry Juice to taste.....ice...shake in cocktail shaker.
    Luvrly!!!
  • Skittles vodka?
  • Not any more. I used to get a bit too infused.
  • Skittles vodka?
    Nice suggestion! I've a mate who did this. He separated the colours into test tubes.

I thought maybe chilli or lime vodka might be nice, but I wouldn't know how long to leave it
  • Skittles vodka?
    Nice suggestion! I've a mate who did this. He separated the colours into test tubes.

I thought maybe chilli or lime vodka might be nice, but I wouldn't know how long to leave it
    was given some chili vodka a couple of years ago ... very good stuff

• Lime would be good. Well for skittles you leave it about a couple of days so I reckon lime would be pretty much the same.
    Trial and error. Lots of vodka, but it would be for science.
  • Try gin with frozen raspberries - I made sloe gin this year which worked well, but the froxen raspberry gin was even better and took only a few days.
    Would probably work with any frozen soft fruit, such as bluberries, blackberries or cherries. I've only done gin because I find vodka a bit pointless, but it would be worth a go if vodka's your thing.
  • Nice ideas. I prefer gin myself, so might give that a go. Ill see what's around... There are some hawthorns next to my office so I went fruit picking in my suit one lunchtime. I've heard blackberry infused brandy is nice too!
  • 2 shots of vodka....half a shot of peach brandy (Archers).....Cranberry Juice to taste.....ice...shake in cocktail shaker.
    Luvrly!!!
    Tuesday week SoundAs - I think we should give these a bit of a go.
  • Southern Comfort and Watermelon.

Rum and Blackberries.

Vanilla Vodka and anything you want.
  • Sponsored links:

• Vodka & BigTom or calato.
    Drink of the Gods.
  • Just made a batch of coconut rum. Just run and coconut. Will leave a couple of weeks.

Looking for some other ideas
  • Post season CL is well and truly in swing...
  • Have done blackberry vodka - worked very well, even though we left it for a year in the back of a cupboard, having forgotten about it.

Also lychee vodka - this was a disaster as we left it too long and the lychee's rotted.

Finally, made our own limoncello which was a complete success and taster better than any over-the-counter variety I've had.
    Luvrly!!!

Yes, very nice, but that's a cocktail. The OP is asking for suggestions for making one's own flavoured drinks.
  • edited May 2017
    I usually take alcohol and leave it to ferment in my stomach - works a treat.
  • edited May 2017

Have done blackberry vodka - worked very well, even though we left it for a year in the back of a cupboard, having forgotten about it.

Also lychee vodka - this was a disaster as we left it too long and the lychee's rotted.

Finally, made our own limoncello which was a complete success and taster better than any over-the-counter variety I've had.

Home made Limoncello sounds great - what was your method @AddicksAddict ?
  • Toffee Whiskey which is easy and delicious.

Got a jar of Skittles Vodka that my son made for a house party we had. He made no effort to separate the colours. It tasted alright, but looked disgusting; a deep yellowy orange colour with scum floating around the top. It looked just like some old vinegar-pissers sample. Unsurprisingly, not many of our guests fancied drinking it.

Sloe gin is an annual favourite. So easy too. Bottle of gin, pick you own sloes and add some sugar.

Used to enjoy making a rumtopf for christmas as well. Start in January with a jar containing rum and a load of sugar, as the fruits com into season (or very often in our case, as we bought a tin from the supermarket) just bung them in. By xmas you've a lovely desert that will blow your socks off.

Would also like to find out the secret of @AddicksAddict 's limoncello.
  • Always found gin with gin wo be a winning combination.
  • McBobbin said:

Just made a batch of coconut rum. Just run and coconut. Will leave a couple of weeks.

Blackberry whiskey is great.
  • Sponsored links:

• I found with sloe gin white sugar works better than brown
  • McBobbin said:

Just made a batch of coconut rum. Just run and coconut. Will leave a couple of weeks.

Blackberry whiskey is great.
    Agree. Have had this donated from a neighbour- superb.

Make sloe gin every year. Have made 'borage tincture' - borage flowers soaked in vodka.
  • Stig said:

Toffee Whiskey which is easy and delicious.

Got a jar of Skittles Vodka that my son made for a house party we had. He made no effort to separate the colours. It tasted alright, but looked disgusting; a deep yellowy orange colour with scum floating around the top. It looked just like some old vinegar-pissers sample. Unsurprisingly, not many of our guests fancied drinking it.

Sloe gin is an annual favourite. So easy too. Bottle of gin, pick you own sloes and add some sugar.

Used to enjoy making a rumtopf for christmas as well. Start in January with a jar containing rum and a load of sugar, as the fruits com into season (or very often in our case, as we bought a tin from the supermarket) just bung them in. By xmas you've a lovely desert that will blow your socks off.

Would also like to find out the secret of @AddicksAddict 's limoncello.

@Stig We just picked up a recipe off the web.
  • Cheers @AddicksAddict , in that case I shall do the same.
  • Vodka gummy bears
  • Made the limoncello. It's fantastic!!!

Cheers for the motivation, @AddicksAddict
  • The coconut rum is nice too... But it needs a mixer
  • Stig said:

Made the limoncello. It's fantastic!!!

Could you link to the recipe, please? Sounds great.

• Stig said:

Made the limoncello. It's fantastic!!!

Could you link to the recipe, please? Sounds great.

@PragueAddick, Lemon juice, vodka, stick it in the freezer. If there was more to it than that, I can't remember. @Stig can you remind me?
  • This is the recipe I followed and it worked fine for me: https://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/1087/limoncello