Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Good Luck To Orient (SOLD)

Got rid of a donut owner and are now owned by a donut company.

Comments

• Best wishes to the "Os", though when I saw the headline about Travis buying Orient I thought it was either the Scottish band...or DLT!
  • Happy for Orient fans. Hope they get back to back promotions now.
  • Really happy for them, they deserve it as they've been through a real hard time, and more is still to come now they're not a football league club and West Ham being on their doorstep.

Hopefully they can get straight back but it'll be tough for them.

Shows there are people out there as we know, and shows if we keep going, we will get the change we all need. I just hope it happens sooner rather than later before we might not ever get back to where we were.
  • The asking price probably wasnt as big a blocker for them as it is for us. Cant imagine the new owners paying more then 4 or 5 million for the club. Thats a fraction of the price RD wants for us!
  • Good luck to them, i love an away game at Brisbane Road.
  • Nice one
  • Good luck Orient, hope you get promotion this coming season
  • Sponsored links:

• Love to hear that! I wish them a speedy promotion back to where they belong! But also, lucky bastards.......
  • Great news for the Os. I see a fans' representative is to be appointed to the board - that's a novel concept. (Never mind I expect Murray sees himself in that role for us.)
  • CAFCTrev said:

The asking price probably wasnt as big a blocker for them as it is for us. Cant imagine the new owners paying more then 4 or 5 million for the club. Thats a fraction of the price RD wants for us!

Perhaps the only way we will get rid of Duchebag is to get relegated to the Conference (or whatever its now called)............not that I would want that one little bit. (the relegation that is..........certainly want to get rid of RD)
  • Bought by a lifelong fan. Do we have any Doughnut shop CEO's in our ranks to anyone's knowledge?
  • Our turn next
    Pleeeeeeaaaas
  • Great news for football (I hope).

Fingers' crossed that it works out for all concerned.
  • I know he's an admirer of Sir Chris and his rise to the top....

...he refers to him as Chris P Cream
  • CAFCTrev said:

The asking price probably wasnt as big a blocker for them as it is for us. Cant imagine the new owners paying more then 4 or 5 million for the club. Thats a fraction of the price RD wants for us!

Becchetti didn't own the ground either, as that is still owned by Barry Hearn
  • Sponsored links:

• Their fans are over the moon. Their new owner is a life long fan and great businessman.

I suspect the day we are sold it will be just like this but 10x bigger. Assuming we get a good new owner.

http://leytonorientforum.co.uk/topic21895-20.html
  • The fact we are jealous of a conference team shows how far we've fallen. Pleased for Orient, hope the donut running our club now fucks off.

They're not a Conference team are they though... Their fan base / majority of their history should have them playing in League One - Sadly they've just had a basket case of an Owner recently which forced them to drop like a stone!!
  • Great news for Orient. Us next please.
  • Martin Ling back at the club, now as director of football.
  • IdleHans said:

Rossman92 said:

Love to hear that! I wish them a speedy promotion back to where they belong! But also, lucky bastards.......

Surely under the circumstances the right word is 'jammy'
    Oi, that was my line !
  • I know a few Leyton Orient fans and former sponsors and hope this turns their fortunes around. Good luck to them.

Can't wait for our turn.
  • IdleHans said:

Rossman92 said:

Love to hear that! I wish them a speedy promotion back to where they belong! But also, lucky bastards.......

Surely under the circumstances the right word is 'jammy'
    Oi, that was my line !
    So it was. And only one lol.
    Lol.
  • Not far off what we've sold then!