Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

It's been a hot one

So what you all been up to?
Got an inflatable pool in the garden and supped a few cold beers.
Realised that I quite enjoyed it and just phoned in to say I won't be in tomorrow.
Quite fancy more of the same.
Is that me being selfish or thinking that I have worked constant for the past 30 odd years and feel I should be able to?
As a self employed person, looking back, I think I have never took time off for no reason as you consider it a days wage lost.
The new me

Comments

• Options
    Took our girls strawberry picking, got too hot so came home, chucked the sprinklers on and ran around the garden.

Hard to say who enjoyed it more, me or them.
  • Options
    Had my old man and brothers round our new gaff to do the garden, far too hot got most of it done, now getting smashed. Lovely day.
  • Options
    Smiley thing
  • Options
    Hungover. Wish it was raining.
  • Options

Fair play Neil. Took my son to the mini golf on the A20 Mottingham yesterday, bloody sweating.
    Until I got a hole in one one the last.

That shut him up

Was it good? Been meaning to try it.
  • Options
    I had a cracking day at the Bromley Pageant. Got there early and managed to get the car parked in the shade of a tree which was a bloody good move. The show's gone downhill recently but was a good one today.

Sitting in the garden getting pleasantly drunk now.
  • Options
    Fecking work....Father's Day dinner and just polishing off 2nd bottle of wine.
  • Options
    Join the Monday club
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Fecking work....Father's Day dinner and just polishing off 2nd bottle of poppers

• Options
    Played cricket two days running in this stuff. I'll sleep well
  • Options
    Has been pretty overcast all day here sat by a pool in Crete, but the 12 days prior were lovely and sunny. Just a shame I'll be back at work Wednesday and the holiday will soon be a distant memory.
  • Options

Realised that I quite enjoyed it and just phoned in to say I won't be in tomorrow.
    Is that me being selfish or thinking that I have worked constant for the past 30 odd years and feel I should be able to?
    As a self employed person, looking back, I think I have never took time off for no reason as you consider it a days wage lost.
    The new me

Did you call yourself ? :wink:
  • Options
    Nice one Robbo, great call it you can do it. Was sitting in garden having a beer this afternoon thinking i'd give anything not to go work tomorrow!

Had a great day taking my kids and folks to Leeds Castle, then back to ours with the BBQ and paddling pool out.

Happy days, what a weekend of weather.
  • Options

The new me

I don't see anything wrong with that. I mean, it is a Bank Holiday tomorrow right? ;-)
  • Options
    Helping set up at Glastonbury, I'm down in shangri la sweating buckets
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I got hammered last night so I had to have a quiet day with no sudden movements. But tomorrow me and a colleague have to go the seaside, (work related). How lucky is that?
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    Played golf this afternoon then went straight to bed with an awful headache and sickness.

I get worse hangovers than most people so my body must struggle with dehydration. Today was really hot, to think they wanted to play the Qatar World Cup in Summer.
  • Options
    Cycled down to the chaser inn in Shipbourne. Actually wanted to cry at some points during the Hill climbs.

Cycled to Sevenoaks afterwards and get a train home. Have felt grim all day since.
  • Options
    I am in Sardinia so have had a hot one for the last week :smile:
  • Options
    Worked yesterday but not that bad as it was a charity event we had at our local lifeboat station with a stunning beach as a backdrop. Last night my eldest daughter took me to see Wonder Woman. Today we went out for a family meal at the local carvery.
  • Options
    8 year old was testing his kart at Bayford Meadows in Sittingborne. Only lasted till lunch and we called it a day as it was too hot for a triple layer racesuit, balaclava, crash helmet etc. Track was so hot I tried to pick his kart up to put in on the stand after he had done ten laps, and it literally stuck to the track as the tyres were molton
  • Options
    Chilling in the Costa Brava. Flying back to Bristol tomorrow so hoping the weather stays nice the rest of the week. Shame I have to work though :sunglasses: