Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

It's been a hot one

So what you all been up to?
Got an inflatable pool in the garden and supped a few cold beers.
Realised that I quite enjoyed it and just phoned in to say I won't be in tomorrow.
Quite fancy more of the same.
Is that me being selfish or thinking that I have worked constant for the past 30 odd years and feel I should be able to?
As a self employed person, looking back, I think I have never took time off for no reason as you consider it a days wage lost.
The new me

Comments

• Took our girls strawberry picking, got too hot so came home, chucked the sprinklers on and ran around the garden.

Hard to say who enjoyed it more, me or them.
  • Had my old man and brothers round our new gaff to do the garden, far too hot got most of it done, now getting smashed. Lovely day.
  • Smiley thing
  • Hungover. Wish it was raining.
  • Fair play Neil. Took my son to the mini golf on the A20 Mottingham yesterday, bloody sweating.
    Until I got a hole in one one the last.

That shut him up

Was it good? Been meaning to try it.
  • I had a cracking day at the Bromley Pageant. Got there early and managed to get the car parked in the shade of a tree which was a bloody good move. The show's gone downhill recently but was a good one today.

Sitting in the garden getting pleasantly drunk now.
  • Fecking work....Father's Day dinner and just polishing off 2nd bottle of wine.
  • Join the Monday club
  • Sponsored links:

• Fecking work....Father's Day dinner and just polishing off 2nd bottle of poppers

• Played cricket two days running in this stuff. I'll sleep well
  • Has been pretty overcast all day here sat by a pool in Crete, but the 12 days prior were lovely and sunny. Just a shame I'll be back at work Wednesday and the holiday will soon be a distant memory.
  • So what you all been up to?
    Realised that I quite enjoyed it and just phoned in to say I won't be in tomorrow.
    Is that me being selfish or thinking that I have worked constant for the past 30 odd years and feel I should be able to?
    As a self employed person, looking back, I think I have never took time off for no reason as you consider it a days wage lost.
    The new me

Did you call yourself ? :wink:
  • Nice one Robbo, great call it you can do it. Was sitting in garden having a beer this afternoon thinking i'd give anything not to go work tomorrow!

Had a great day taking my kids and folks to Leeds Castle, then back to ours with the BBQ and paddling pool out.

Happy days, what a weekend of weather.
  • So what you all been up to?
    The new me

I don't see anything wrong with that. I mean, it is a Bank Holiday tomorrow right? ;-)
  • Helping set up at Glastonbury, I'm down in shangri la sweating buckets
  • Sponsored links:

• I got hammered last night so I had to have a quiet day with no sudden movements. But tomorrow me and a colleague have to go the seaside, (work related). How lucky is that?
  • edited June 2017
    Played golf this afternoon then went straight to bed with an awful headache and sickness.

I get worse hangovers than most people so my body must struggle with dehydration. Today was really hot, to think they wanted to play the Qatar World Cup in Summer.
  • Cycled down to the chaser inn in Shipbourne. Actually wanted to cry at some points during the Hill climbs.

Cycled to Sevenoaks afterwards and get a train home. Have felt grim all day since.
  • I am in Sardinia so have had a hot one for the last week :smile:
  • Worked yesterday but not that bad as it was a charity event we had at our local lifeboat station with a stunning beach as a backdrop. Last night my eldest daughter took me to see Wonder Woman. Today we went out for a family meal at the local carvery.
  • 8 year old was testing his kart at Bayford Meadows in Sittingborne. Only lasted till lunch and we called it a day as it was too hot for a triple layer racesuit, balaclava, crash helmet etc. Track was so hot I tried to pick his kart up to put in on the stand after he had done ten laps, and it literally stuck to the track as the tyres were molton
  • Chilling in the Costa Brava. Flying back to Bristol tomorrow so hoping the weather stays nice the rest of the week. Shame I have to work though :sunglasses: