Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Parliament on lockdown - Man apprehended

edited June 2017 in Not Sports Related
Here we go again......ridiculous

Comments

• BBC news now saying not terror related but my guardian feed said 'armed gunman'

Who knows?
  • Apparently a knife, and has been tasered, according to sky

• Police tasered him after there was shouts of him carrying a knife.
  • been arrested, situation looks under control

Why taser him ? kill the fucker. Now he'll go to prison for a few months & then he'll be out to try something else.
  • cabbles said:

BBC news now saying not terror related but my guardian feed said 'armed gunman'

Who knows?

Of course it is terror related. Who are BBC news trying to kid!

Why taser him ? kill the fucker. Now he'll go to prison for a few months & then he'll be out to try something else.
    Usually mental health issues (all are of course to some extent as we all have mental health of one sort or another). Disturbed people get even more disturbed in these disturbing times so I hope everyone who matters can remain alert to this possibility and carry on using their best judgement.
  • Sponsored links:

• cabbles said:

BBC news now saying not terror related but my guardian feed said 'armed gunman'

Who knows?

Of course it is terror related. Who are BBC news trying to kid!
    Well considering the article 'How was it for me, darling? Simply awful! It's the verdict no man wants to hear, the TRUTH about how he really rates in the bedroom. Here seven women recall their worst lovers...' appears above this on the Daily Mail's front page - maybe it's not.

Probably best not to jump to conclusions either way.

• Leuth said:

Charlton Life Law & Order in session!

Usually mental health issues (all are of course to some extent as we all have mental health of one sort or another). Disturbed people get even more disturbed in these disturbing times so I hope everyone who matters can remain alert to this possibility and carry on using their best judgement.
    speak for yourself. I have no mental health issues at all - not even the usual "I'm feeling stressed due to work / life etc" issues that seem the norm at the moment & which people use to get time off work.
  • edited June 2017

Apparently a knife, and has been tasered, according to sky

speak for yourself. I have no mental health issues at all - not even the usual "I'm feeling stressed due to work / life etc" issues that seem the norm at the moment & which people use to get time off work.

Then that is the current state of your mental health. Long may it continue for you.
  • Shame they didn't taser May - put everyone - especially her - out of their misery

I'm very happy for you @golfaddick that you don't have any mental health issues but @swords_alive made a perfectly valid comment. Don't immediately assume that anyone and everyone with a mental illness wants to skive off work and claim millions every week in benefits. It's a fact that, sometimes, their mental health disability procludes them from working. I'm married to someone who suffers from bipolarity (manic/depressive in old money) - she works, she's worked, and then the illness kicks in and she can't anymore. It's a mental disability, like a physical disability, and it prevents you from functioning normally.

I hope you never suffer the same fate and you continue to go to work every day trouble free. Unfortunately many people can't. That is what a caring, compasionate society is supposed to be about.

You, judging by your comments, are obviously one of those 'I'm alright, screw everyone else' people. What do you want - ban disabled places at The Valley?
  • Addickted said:

Shame they didn't taser May - put everyone - especially her - out of their misery

That is what a caring, compasionate society is supposed to be about.
    Exactly - caring, compasionate - put her and everyone else out of their misery.
  • Sponsored links:

• Dazzler21 said:

You might want to re-think that post. You seem to be implying that people who are signed off for stress are doing so just to get time off.

I will tell you right now when I was signed off with stress and anxiety, though it helped the first couple of days to allow me to address the immediate issues, the impending return to work got more and more stressful.

I was terrified of going back because of what people would think of me, what I would think they were saying about me and became somewhat paranoid.

The Monday I went back I faced it head on and asked my manager to call a meeting with our team and discussed it with them before the day begun so they knew what was up.

It was a really tough deal, maybe because I am self conscious, or maybe because stress on top of stress made me think it would be worse than it was.
    I've been through 2 divorces, the last one my ex-wife was planning on living in America & taking my kids with her - I also was trying to sell the marital house & because of negative equity had to keep paying the very large mortgage, pay her maintenance & also pay rent on my new property. I had mounting debts & then had to change job, becoming self-employed in the process, as my employer shut my local office and wanted me to re-locate to Guildford.

I think I know what stress is.
  • I'm on my bloody soapbox! But - fascinating fact - Bedlam used to have 'special attractions' which were often bipolar folk in manic states. I'd have done well there.

End of rant. It's time for my medication.
  • meanwhile,

What has happened to the guy who was arrested? Charged? Released? Sectioned?
  • Dazzler21 said:

You might want to re-think that post. You seem to be implying that people who are signed off for stress are doing so just to get time off.

I will tell you right now when I was signed off with stress and anxiety, though it helped the first couple of days to allow me to address the immediate issues, the impending return to work got more and more stressful.

I was terrified of going back because of what people would think of me, what I would think they were saying about me and became somewhat paranoid.

The Monday I went back I faced it head on and asked my manager to call a meeting with our team and discussed it with them before the day begun so they knew what was up.

It was a really tough deal, maybe because I am self conscious, or maybe because stress on top of stress made me think it would be worse than it was.
    I've been through 2 divorces, the last one my ex-wife was planning on living in America & taking my kids with her - I also was trying to sell the marital house & because of negative equity had to keep paying the very large mortgage, pay her maintenance & also pay rent on my new property. I had mounting debts & then had to change job, becoming self-employed in the process, as my employer shut my local office and wanted me to re-locate to Guildford.

I think I know what stress is.
    I think the prospect of having to relocate to Guildford would have tipped most people over the edge.

On a serious note I think you'd perhaps be a little more sympathetic if you'd suffered from a mental illness. It can happen to anyone and everyone has their breaking point

Whether you can deal with stress better or worse than someone else is pretty irrelevant.