Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Carabao Cup (League Cup) (double bracket but not worthy of a sticky Norwich away next round)

edited August 2017 in General Charlton
The draw for Round One of the 2017/18 Carabao Cup will be streamed live from Bangkok, Thailand on Friday 16th June at 1pm UK time.

World Cup winner Emmanuel Petit, Carabao CEO Sathien Setthasit, British Ambassador to Thailand Brian Davidson and EFL Chief Executive Shaun Harvey will unveil the 35 Round One ties from the home of the competition’s title sponsor, Carabao Energy Drink.

Seventy EFL clubs will be in the draw with matches scheduled to take place week commencing 7th August, with Sunderland included. Fellow Sky Bet Championship newcomers Hull City and Middlesbrough will join the competition in Round Two, alongside the Premier League clubs that are not competing in Europe.

The draw is also regionalised to minimise travelling time for supporters in the first round, with seeding decided by a club’s finishing position in the EFL last season.

Fans will be able to watch the draw unfold live on various platforms, including EFL’s new live streaming platform, iFollow, on Facebook via the Carabao Cup and Carabao UK pages, and SkySports.com.

ROUND ONE SEEDINGS

North – Seeds

1. Barnsley
2. Blackburn Rovers
3. Bolton Wanderers
4. Bradford City
5. Burton Albion
6. Derby County
7. Fleetwood Town
8. Leeds United
9. Nottingham Forest
10. Preston North End
11. Rochdale
12. Rotherham United
13. Scunthorpe United
14. Sheffield United
15. Sheffield Wednesday
16. Sunderland
17. Wigan Athletic

North – Non-Seeds

18. Accrington Stanley
19. Blackpool
20. Bury
21. Carlisle United
22. Chesterfield
23. Coventry City
24. Crewe Alexandra
25. Doncaster Rovers
26. Grimsby Town
27. Lincoln City
28. Mansfield Town
29. Morecambe
30. Notts County
31. Oldham Athletic
32. Port Vale
33. Shrewsbury Town
34. Walsall

South – Seeds

1. Aston Villa
2. Birmingham City
3. Brentford
4. Bristol City
5. Bristol Rovers
6. Cardiff City
7. Charlton Athletic
8. Fulham
9. Ipswich Town
10. Millwall
11. Milton Keynes Dons
12. Norwich City
13. Oxford United
14. Peterborough United
15. Queens Park Rangers
16. Reading
17. Southend United
18. Wolverhampton Wanderers

South – Non-Seeds

19. AFC Wimbledon
20. Barnet
21. Cambridge United
22. Cheltenham Town
23. Colchester United
24. Crawley Town
25. Exeter City
26. Forest Green Rovers
27. Gillingham
28. Luton Town
29. Newport County
30. Northampton Town
31. Plymouth Argyle
32. Portsmouth
33. Stevenage
34. Swindon Town
35. Wycombe Wanderers
36. Yeovil Town

Nearly 1.5 million people went to matches in the EFL Cup last season as the competition recorded record-breaking attendances. Victory in the competition’s final will guarantee the winner the first piece of silverware of the domestic season and a place in the Europa League in the following campaign.

This year's final in February saw Manchester United beat Southampton 3-2 in front of over 85,000 people. The 2017/18 Carabao Cup Final, the 58th in the competition’s history, will take place at Wembley Stadium on 25th February 2018.

Due to the global appeal of the competition, Carabao, the Thai energy drinks brand, became title sponsor to the competition and official EFL partner earlier this year, with the exclusive partnership running until 2020.

Click here for more on the EFL and Carabao's new partnership

It is anticipated that the relationship with Carabao Energy Drink will increase that further, providing the opportunity to reach new audiences in the Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN). The EFL Carabao partnership also represents a truly powerful and unique platform to expand the Carabao brand and establish Carabao as a major player in the global energy drinks market.

The newly named Carabao Cup offers a significant opportunity for the Thai brand to engage with football fans via its association with one of the biggest football competitions in the country, and Carabao plans to bring this partnership to life at every opportunity for customers and consumers.

As well as the partnership with the EFL, Carabao Energy Drink is also a Principal Partner of the Premier League champions, Chelsea, and the Sky Bet Championship Play-Off Finalists, Reading.

Comments

• Crawley at home. We can gain revenge after last seasons defeat in the checkatrade.
  • Dansk_Red said:

The draw for Round One of the 2017/18 Carabao Cup will be streamed live from Bangkok, Thailand on Friday 16th June at 1pm UK time.

World Cup winner Emmanuel Petit, Carabao CEO Sathien Setthasit, British Ambassador to Thailand Brian Davidson and EFL Chief Executive Shaun Harvey will unveil the 35 Round One ties from the home of the competition’s title sponsor, Carabao Energy Drink.

Seventy EFL clubs will be in the draw with matches scheduled to take place week commencing 7th August, with Sunderland included. Fellow Sky Bet Championship newcomers Hull City and Middlesbrough will join the competition in Round Two, alongside the Premier League clubs that are not competing in Europe.

The draw is also regionalised to minimise travelling time for supporters in the first round, with seeding decided by a club’s finishing position in the EFL last season.

Fans will be able to watch the draw unfold live on various platforms, including EFL’s new live streaming platform, iFollow, on Facebook via the Carabao Cup and Carabao UK pages, and SkySports.com.

ROUND ONE SEEDINGS

North – Seeds

1. Barnsley
    2. Blackburn Rovers
    3. Bolton Wanderers
    4. Bradford City
    5. Burton Albion
    6. Derby County
    7. Fleetwood Town
    8. Leeds United
    9. Nottingham Forest
    10. Preston North End
    11. Rochdale
    12. Rotherham United
    13. Scunthorpe United
    14. Sheffield United
    15. Sheffield Wednesday
    16. Sunderland
    17. Wigan Athletic

North – Non-Seeds

18. Accrington Stanley
    19. Blackpool
    20. Bury
    21. Carlisle United
    22. Chesterfield
    23. Coventry City
    24. Crewe Alexandra
    25. Doncaster Rovers
    26. Grimsby Town
    27. Lincoln City
    28. Mansfield Town
    29. Morecambe
    30. Notts County
    31. Oldham Athletic
    32. Port Vale
    33. Shrewsbury Town
    34. Walsall

South – Seeds

1. Aston Villa
    2. Birmingham City
    3. Brentford
    4. Bristol City
    5. Bristol Rovers
    6. Cardiff City
    7. Charlton Athletic
    8. Fulham
    9. Ipswich Town
    10. Millwall
    11. Milton Keynes Dons
    12. Norwich City
    13. Oxford United
    14. Peterborough United
    15. Queens Park Rangers
    16. Reading
    17. Southend United
    18. Wolverhampton Wanderers

South – Non-Seeds

19. AFC Wimbledon
    20. Barnet
    21. Cambridge United
    22. Cheltenham Town
    23. Colchester United
    24. Crawley Town
    25. Exeter City
    26. Forest Green Rovers
    27. Gillingham
    28. Luton Town
    29. Newport County
    30. Northampton Town
    31. Plymouth Argyle
    32. Portsmouth
    33. Stevenage
    34. Swindon Town
    35. Wycombe Wanderers
    36. Yeovil Town

Nearly 1.5 million people went to matches in the EFL Cup last season as the competition recorded record-breaking attendances. Victory in the competition’s final will guarantee the winner the first piece of silverware of the domestic season and a place in the Europa League in the following campaign.

This year's final in February saw Manchester United beat Southampton 3-2 in front of over 85,000 people. The 2017/18 Carabao Cup Final, the 58th in the competition’s history, will take place at Wembley Stadium on 25th February 2018.

Due to the global appeal of the competition, Carabao, the Thai energy drinks brand, became title sponsor to the competition and official EFL partner earlier this year, with the exclusive partnership running until 2020.

Click here for more on the EFL and Carabao's new partnership

It is anticipated that the relationship with Carabao Energy Drink will increase that further, providing the opportunity to reach new audiences in the Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN). The EFL Carabao partnership also represents a truly powerful and unique platform to expand the Carabao brand and establish Carabao as a major player in the global energy drinks market.

The newly named Carabao Cup offers a significant opportunity for the Thai brand to engage with football fans via its association with one of the biggest football competitions in the country, and Carabao plans to bring this partnership to life at every opportunity for customers and consumers.

As well as the partnership with the EFL, Carabao Energy Drink is also a Principal Partner of the Premier League champions, Chelsea, and the Sky Bet Championship Play-Off Finalists, Reading.

I do chuckle at the relentless commerciality of football. It's truly pathetic.

When will I hear of the first toilet seat at Manchester United to be sponsored by some unknown Chinese company on the pearl river
  • Why has it been named after a reindeer?
  • Bangkok oriental city could be a fun draw, is there a show.
  • So excited for this.
  • Streamed live from Bangkok?

What a comedown for Sunderland, having to enter this in the first round!
  • MrLargo said:

Bangkok oriental city could be a fun draw, is there a show.

Never been to Thailand but heard that some of the ladies over their have a clever trick involving shooting out a ping pong ball from their special place. I'll be disappointed if this isn't incorporated in the draw process.
    Not that I'm one to pass remarks, but with 70 balls for the draw, I really do hope the EFL are not trying to cut corners...

Sounds like tiredness could be an issue.
  • If the draw has the same excitement as the Thai lottery draw then I'd suggest you check it about two hours after it starts.

I still don't understand why they've sponsored a competition where the games are played in the early hours of the morning in Thailand, though of course they are trying to promote the brand as a rival to Red Bull in The UK.

The CEO of Carabao is worth a cool $830m. Perhaps he should invest in a football club instead of sponsoring a trophy, and I know of one desperately in need of new, dynamic ownership.
  • Sponsored links:

• MrLargo said:

Never been to Thailand but heard that some of the ladies over their have a clever trick involving shooting out a ping pong ball from their special place. I'll be disappointed if this isn't incorporated in the draw process.
    Charlton's ball will probably be popped out of the @rse - cause we're in a right s***y place at the moment and it stinks.
  • dizzee said:

MrLargo said:

Charlton's ball will probably be popped out of the @rse - cause we're in a right s***y place at the moment and it stinks.
    There are some very coarse people posting on this board.
  • I think they have seen the success of @thai malaysia addick online draw for the prediction cup and are trying to muscle in.
  • MrOneLung said:

I think they have seen the success of @thai malaysia addick online draw for the prediction cup and are trying to muscle in.

I've charged a substantial consultancy fee :smile:
  • Should be some really interesting Thai's

I'd flag you but I wouldn't want to bring the wrath of @Camels down on you.
  • If we make it, FA Cup 3rd round draw on the moon.
  • Wasn't Carabao a Pixies track?
  • Sounds shite, will be shite.
  • Sponsored links:

• Balls in Bangkok, I hope there's no mix ups
  • I still haven't seen any of this carabau on sale anywhere.
  • Forget Red Bull. Now it is Red Buffalo.
  • MrLargo said:

Never been to Thailand but heard that some of the ladies over there have a clever trick involving shooting out a ping pong ball from their special place. I'll be disappointed if this isn't incorporated in the draw process.
    Home team from one hole, away team from another.
  • The draw for the league cup should take place in this country ffs.
  • Are we all on the edge of our seats
  • Omg it's 13.01 who we got
  • starting off with there condolences to the people of Thailand on the passing of the king, now on a highlights reel to the music of uptown funk - fuck i hate modern football.
  • away to exeter