Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Easiest way to transfer iTunes library from old laptop?

Any tips for easiest/simplest way to transfer entire iTunes library from old laptop to new one please? Thanks

Comments

• WSS said:
    Thanks I've read it before just wondering what the easiest way is of the options as not at all texhnologically minded
  • I'd simply find the iTunes media folder, copy it onto a USB stick and then chuck it on new computer.

Don't really use iTunes though and all my stuff that is on there is in iCloud.
  • Easiest way would be not to bother and go for Spotify or the likes

This except my music library is in the iCloud and I subscribe to Apple music ...

I found lots of stuff missing from Spotify. B sides can be particularly tricky to get.
  • If you try n copy your existing library onto external hard drive or large enough USB stick you will find your playlists etc won't have copied across and its a right pain and quite difficult to do.
    The only real way is to bite the bullet and buy one of the many programmes and download it to transfer the whole library and playlists....it'll set you back about £20.
  • i'd plug in your ipod to the new one, as long as you haven't reached your limit otherwise you might have to go in and de-authorize one first.