Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Stag do ideas

Been asked to be best man for a mate's wedding, so though it's not until next year, I'm currently trying to think up a few stag ideas.

Will be asking him what sort of thing he fancies doing, but in the meantime to give me a few ideas, have any of you been on any particularly good ones, or anything a bit more unusual that was good?

Comments

• Did Stockholm for mine. Bit pricey for the drinks but otherwise can highly recommend as a city destination
  • Went on a stag do at the weekend and had a great time.

It was basically entirely based around football and drinking. Played football golf for a couple of hours, which I had never done before and really enjoyed. Played football for a bit, had a barbecue and drinks and watched the champs league final. We also spent a couple of hours doing karaoke.

Bestmen based it on everything he loved doing and he really enjoyed it
  • Think we'd need a bit more info.

Whats he like?
    Some like a mad weekends in foreign climbs.
    Or some less so.
    For instance,a fella my office went on one to the cosplay conference the other week!!!
  • Think we'd need a bit more info.

Whats he like?
    Some like a mad weekends in foreign climbs.
    Or some less so.
    For instance,a fella my office went on one to the cosplay conference the other week!!!

True but I thought I'd get ideas/examples of good stag dos people have been to and could discount any I didn't think he'd fancy!

I'd say more likely to stay in the UK as quite a few of the people I think will go have young families so more likely to want it to be cheaper and closer than a massive party abroad. Hence me asking for ideas really as I'd like to do that but do something that isn't the normal paintball/pub crawl type thing.
  • Remember that everyone will be hungover or drunk for 99% of the time. Paintball/go karting sound like great ideas when your planning but in reality when it comes round to it nobody can be f***ed.

Just go somewhere with plentiful cheap booze and strippers and you'll have done your duty.
  • Go ape while pissed is quite good fun
    Been to several that started at a gig

• Golf day close to a decent nightlife is always a good one........if you like golf!
  • Golf day close to a decent nightlife is always a good one........if you like golf!

Pretty much sums up Bournemouth.
  • Sponsored links:

• Prague. Darlings. Close thread.
  • Benidorm....carnage...
  • https://www.thestagcompany.com/

locations uk and abroad, can choose activities that suit your party.
  • Go to a local pub and save everyone a shitload of money and a lot of hassle.
  • AddickRam said:

https://www.thestagcompany.com/

locations uk and abroad, can choose activities that suit your party.

Paying someone else to organise a stag do for you is a massive dereliction of duty for any best man.
  • I organised a stag recently. Didn't tell anyone a thing other than "pay me the money and bring your passports". They were doubtful but really enjoyed the unknown aspect.

Not great if your mates are OCD but makes it interesting
  • bobmunro said:

Golf day close to a decent nightlife is always a good one........if you like golf!

Pretty much sums up Bournemouth.
    I'll echo that - or Southampton.

However, both of my stag do's (yes, I had one for the 2nd marriage too but suppose it beats the object a bit) were fairly quiet affairs - the first was a pub crawl around Bexley & the second just a few beers in Dartford. No strippers, nightclubs or being stripped naked & being tied to a lampost.
  • Sponsored links:

• Edinburgh was my favourite stag location in the U.K., excellent range of bars. Otherwise, renting a villa in Portugal was the most fun.

The new footgolf opening up in Burstow looks amazing, I think that's being geared up for stag dos. Although I agree with the above that drinking and eating venues rather than outdoor activities tends to make for a better day.
  • Most important thing is the people. If that's right you'll have a blast anywhere.

I've done:
    Bournemouth
    Barcelona
    Munich
    Madrid

All good.

You can do most things in most places these days so just depends on budgets and desires.

Mine was in Madrid but on my shortlist was:

Kraków
    Belfast
    Bucharest
    Riga
    Hamburg.
  • JiMMy 85 said:

Edinburgh was my favourite stag location in the U.K., excellent range of bars. Otherwise, renting a villa in Portugal was the most fun.

The new footgolf opening up in Burstow looks amazing, I think that's being geared up for stag dos. Although I agree with the above that drinking and eating venues rather than outdoor activities tends to make for a better day.

Any precise tips for Edinburgh Jimmy? Up there Fri night before the England game on Sat. Done Glasgow plenty of times but not Edinburgh.
  • Carter said:

Go somewhere that has the same alphabet as us. You get arrested where they just have squiggles as letters you won't be coming home for a while.

One of my mates went to Newcastle last weekend on a stag do and found one of the others asleep, trousers and pants round his ankles holding a handful of shit

That wasn't a stag do. That was a team building away day.
  • edited June 2017

I organised a stag recently. Didn't tell anyone a thing other than "pay me the money and bring your passports". They were doubtful but really enjoyed the unknown aspect.

Not great if your mates are OCD but makes it interesting

You're now living in South America with a thriving business in the "trouble free travel" and "cheap foreign labour" industries right?
  • Make it local or at the very least in this country. Not everyone has the money to go galavanting off to the likes of Prague etc.
  • buckshee said:

Make it local or at the very least in this country. Not everyone has the money to go galavanting off to the likes of Prague etc.

I'm not so sure. I've had cheaper weekends away abroad than if I'd stayed in the U.K.
  • edited June 2017
  • edited June 2017

buckshee said:

Make it local or at the very least in this country. Not everyone has the money to go galavanting off to the likes of Prague etc.

I'm not so sure. I've had cheaper weekends away abroad than if I'd stayed in the U.K.
    **Shock, horror, Otto talks sense for once**.

I went to Prague for three nights in March. Flight and 3 nights in a 3-star hotel, throwing money around like confetti, final total £300