Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Comments

• I saw him in Chekhov's 'Three Sisters' at Greenwich Theatre with the unbelievably beautiful Joanna Whalley as Masha.
    He was superb.
    RIP.
  • A great actor not just in last of the Summer Wine

RIP
  • The voice of Wallace.

RIP
  • He had a brilliant life and career. RIP.
  • Absolute legend up here in Yorkshire.
    Sad news. RIP Peter.
  • RIP Peter. A great loss.
  • It's all been said above .. R I P
  • A great age though. R.I.P. Peter.
  • Didn't realise he was that old, never looked it. RIP
  • Count me as another who didn't realise he was that old. Sad to hear he has passed. Wallace and Gromit is one if the greatest creations in the history of TV and Film.
  • Sponsored links:

• Sad news , great actor RIP Peter
  • Choked, no more Wallis. RIP great man.
  • Very sad. RIP
  • RIP Peter, you made me laugh.
  • RIP - remember bugging the shit out of my grandad trying to watch last of the summer wine with him when he just wanted a bit of peace and quiet
  • Cracking guy, Gromit. RIP
  • RIP An actor I really liked
  • He had the most fantastic voice that your children can grow up listening to in Wallace and gromit those movies with my eldest bring nothing but wonderful memories and for that alone I thank him

Last of the summer wine on Sunday night tv after getting out of the bath getting ready for bed before school and all of us sitting there laughing

RIP fella

RIP dad

funny how people you have never met can take you to places in your head that are just happy memories that can't fade
  • Sponsored links:

• Wonderful actor RIP
  • edited June 2017
    A former customer of decades past you could not wish to meet a more charming individual who possessed such an immense but hugely understated talent. Thank you for providing so many endless hours of enjoyment.

A true gentlemen - rest in peace.
  • Three sisters at Greenwich. Am I right in saying Helena Bonham Carter also in cast? Definitely remember it was bloody boring.

But RIP for a great actor, particularly in Raymond Briggs great radio play (and animated film) "When the Wind Blows" with Brenda Bruce, describing an elderly couple following useless Government instructions on how to stay safe following Soviet nuclear bomb attack, they both eventually die. Somewhat different to Briggs's "The Snowman".
  • Brought pleasure into the lives of people with the characters he portrayed over many years.

Seemed a nice bloke in real life too from what Nick Park said on Front Row last night.

RIP
  • Tramp said:

Three sisters at Greenwich. Am I right in saying Helena Bonham Carter also in cast? Definitely remember it was bloody boring.

But RIP for a great actor, particularly in Raymond Briggs great radio play (and animated film) "When the Wind Blows" with Brenda Bruce, describing an elderly couple following useless Government instructions on how to stay safe following Soviet nuclear bomb attack, they both eventually die. Somewhat different to Briggs's "The Snowman".

Haven't seen/heard any versions of When The Wind Blows, but I've got the book (graphic novel) and it's brilliant. Absolutely chilling.
    [Sorry for going off-topic]