Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Pubs in/around Charlton

Had a bit of a search and couldn't find an existing thread, although can't believe it's the first one created on this topic... so happy to be told off and resurrect an old one.

So, where's a good 'proper' pub to go in/nearby to Charlton - either on a matchday or generally? Just talking good beers and atmosphere... decent grub would be a bonus.

Am also on the lookout for one with a dart board.

Comments

• White Swan.
  • Bugle..

the pub.
  • Atmosphere in Charlton pubs? You'll be lucky.

White Swan or Bugle in the Village. Liberal club near the station but doesn't feel like a pub anymore. Royal Oak okay as not as busy as years gone by.

Few more further out.

Miss the H&G, Cons and Pre-demolition Lib tbh.
  • Atmosphere in Charlton pubs? You'll be lucky.

White Swan or Bugle in the Village. Liberal club near the station but doesn't feel like a pub anymore. Royal Oak okay as not as busy as years gone by.

Few more further out.

Miss the H&G, Cons and Pre-demolition Lib tbh.

The Watermans was the best of the lot.
  • Rose Of Denmark is great pre game, quick service and you can have a decent chat with the away mob.

Bugle- Decent pub and some decent IPA's in bottles.

Oak- Decent guinesss, when you can get served.

The Tap room (Woolwich) is not too far by bus, some quality beer on the taps.

Can't wait to get back into when the season starts!
  • The Anchor and hope has had a refurb and is quite nice.
  • I always thought the vanborough tavern wasn't a bad shout. A minute from the platform at Maze Hill and there used to be a train that left at quarter to to get you into charlton for ten to.
  • Bugle is ok but service can be a little slow
  • I hear the Antigallican is nice this time of year.....
  • Miss the Con Club, had some great drinks in there
  • Sponsored links:

• I always thought the vanborough tavern wasn't a bad shout. A minute from the platform at Maze Hill and there used to be a train that left at quarter to to get you into charlton for ten to.

That is a good pub actually, I've been to a couple of quizzes there on a Monday night and the guy that runs them is a right laugh too.
  • At last..........a thread for curb_it :wink:
  • Get a bit emosh thinking about the old boozers of SE7. I walked into the Oak a couple of visits back, expecting to find all the old faces in there, but turned round and walked back out again.....
  • edited June 2017
    There's been a bit of an arms race between the White Swan and the Bugle recently - both seemed to have upped their game and the Swan particularly is pretty good now. Not a huge fan of the new Liberal Club.
  • ....I think a lot of the regulars from the Horse / Oak go down the Rose of Denmark now. @Curb_It can you confirm?

That is a good pub actually, I've been to a couple of quizzes there on a Monday night and the guy that runs them is a right laugh too.
    It's Deke that does the quizzes isn't it ?
  • se9addick said:

There's been a bit of an arms race between the White Swan and the Bugle recently - both seemed to have upped their game and the Swan particularly is pretty good now. Not a huge fan of the new Liberal Club.

I have always liked any boozer that is open.....
  • I always liked The Pickwick.

Not too crowded, easy to get served and reasonably priced.
  • Get a bit emosh thinking about the old boozers of SE7. I walked into the Oak a couple of visits back, expecting to find all the old faces in there, but turned round and walked back out again.....

A lot have moved away. Those that ain't go down the rose.
    Apparently France is the place to be nowadays.
    Let me know when your over next.
  • A couple of months ago I walked past the White Horse and it was shut. Never a great place to drink, but it would still be sad to lose it. Is it permanently closed or was this a one off?
  • Sponsored links:

Next couple of weeks mate, will let you know

I don't really go down there but when I've popped in to meet my sister and bloke there are definitely a few in on a Saturday. I find it sad when I go in the Oak on a non match day and think back to a Friday night down there.

Next couple of weeks mate, will let you know
    As long as you don't knock me out with a fire door
  • Perhaps you should seek therapy with the chap from the London incident thread :-)
    Mind you, perhaps I should too as I still threat about what I was to expect when you regained yourself.
  • What year did the Watermans close?
  • When they remodelled Woolwich Road. At a guess, 1995?

• R0TW said:
    When they remodelled Woolwich Road. At a guess, 1995?

One of the better boozers down the years.
  • Not in my eyes.