Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Cheik Tiote - RIP confirmed

I remember seeing him a couple of seasons ago and thinking he was going to be unbelievable - never really kicked on but still a very decent player

Rumours online he had a heart attack at training in China. Signed from Newcastle in February 2017 apparently

Only 30 years old

Comments

• Options
    Confirmed on talksport.

RIP, so young.
  • Options
    RIP
  • Options
    RIP so bloody young.
  • Options
    I'm sure a lot in English football will remember him for his equalising volley against Arsenal coming back from 4-0 down.

That's no age at all. RIP.
  • Options
    Desperately sad to see someone die so young. RIP
  • Options
    RIP. That's next year for me!
  • Options
    just heard this very sad news on talksport , far too young RIP
  • Options
    Was he the guy that dragged Newcastle single handedly back into that game against Ars*nal when they were 4-0 at HT and it ended 4-4? Think he may have got the equalizer from memory. Miles better than Sissoko.

So sad, RIP fella
  • Options
    Absolutely shocking . How sad. RIP
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    JohnBoyUK said:

Was he the guy that dragged Newcastle single handedly back into that game against Ars*nal when they were 4-0 at HT and it ended 4-4? Think he may have got the equalizer from memory. Miles better than Sissoko.

So sad, RIP fella

That's him mate.
  • Options
    Really sad, RIP

• Options
    30 is no age, very sad.

I wonder if Ramadan might have contributed? Must be very difficult to combine no liquids with professional sport.
  • Options
    Bloody hell. No age. RIP.
  • Options
    Wife apparently expecting a baby this week, only seen it on a single Twitter account so can't confirm but devastating if true. RIP.
  • Options
    RIP.
  • Options
    RIP - hard tackling, livewire player in the early part of his NUFC career.
  • Options
    RIP
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Absolutely awful. A year younger than me. Had a reputation amongst my Newcastle supporting mates as being a genuinely nice, down to earth bloke. Absolutely awful. Love to his family.
  • Options
    That is unbelievable. How tragic. RIP.
  • Options
    RIP far too young
  • Options
    RIP
  • Options
    Can't believe it. These type of deaths always spook me out. RIP
  • Options
    Such terrible news ! RIP Cheik
  • Options
    Swisdom said:

I remember seeing him a couple of seasons ago and thinking he was going to be unbelievable - never really kicked on but still a very decent player

Signed from Newcastle in February 2017 apparently

Only 30 years old

this .. seems that African players are rather susceptible to heart problems than would be expected .. R I P
  • Options

Wife apparently expecting a baby this week, only seen it on a single Twitter account so can't confirm but devastating if true. RIP.

Shit. That just makes it worse
  • Options
    Just seen this on the news, sad sad news
    RIP