Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Any 'new' boycotters for this season?

Comments

• My last home game was Coventry.....won't go again untill they have gone.....joined the SE9 Monkey Hangers next season.
  • Kap10 said:

With no Millwall game and hopefully no more incidents like the Keith Palmer one I suspect most will do two less games this year.

The attendance at the Keith Palmer match was hardly anything to write home about, considering the call to support, maybe and I'm being generous an additional 2,000 actual bums on seats.
    You have to factor in that it would have been exceptionally low otherwise though.
  • Last season was the first season without going for 20 years. That was hard to type. Not going until he sells.
  • I'll probably renew? idk, ask me after the cricket season
  • Not renewed yet, looking unlikely that I will do so ... for the first time in decades.

• Went to about 5 homes games last season ( had a season ticket for nearly 30 years) only game I brought a ticket for was the spanners' cup final. As we won't be playing them next season, looks like Roland will miss out on my £22.
  • Not renewed yet. The club so far have done nothing to ignite any interest for next season
  • Renewed last season but NOT this or any other until they are gone or miraculously change their ambitions for the club.
    #rolandout
  • Kap10 said:

With no Millwall game and hopefully no more incidents like the Keith Palmer one I suspect most will do two less games this year.

The attendance at the Keith Palmer match was hardly anything to write home about, considering the call to support, maybe and I'm being generous an additional 2,000 actual bums on seats.
    You have to factor in that it would have been exceptionally low otherwise though.
    Only game I went to was this the Mk Dons game. Would normally not go to see franchise football but circumstances of course changed that. Then the game itself I am still angry and disappointed with to this day. Not for lack of effort, the players did at least try I thought, but the shear inability to match MK for quality and tactical nous. That for me underlined the decline we are still in the midst of. Don't know when I'll be back.
  • Sponsored links:

• I was adamant that I would not be renewing until the last couple of weeks and now I'm not so sure but the biggest worry for the club will be fact that it's not a boycott for me; it's not a statement of intent it's just that it has become so much less fun than it used to be that I'd rather do something else with my Saturday afternoons - never mind my Tuesday evenings!

I quite like the Tuesdays because there's less 'opportunity cost'
  • I was adamant that I would not be renewing until the last couple of weeks and now I'm not so sure but the biggest worry for the club will be fact that it's not a boycott for me; it's not a statement of intent it's just that it has become so much less fun than it used to be that I'd rather do something else with my Saturday afternoons - never mind my Tuesday evenings!

That is completely correct but it's also much more inconvenient logistically. It means, for me, leaving work earlier, arranging a sitter for my son, who would rather give away his PS4 than have to go to The Valley, it's a late night, by the time I get home, and in the winter it's cold and miserable before the game starts, never mind having to watch the $hit they have been serving up this season.

In fact, I think he MK Dons game was the only midweek one I am went to this season.
  • Renewed last season only because I was worried about losing my seat as a result of the £175 offer. No such concerns this year. My dad still wants to go, so I would imagine he'll renew and my two brothers and I will share one season ticket between us.

I'd like to say I'm boycotting on principal, and there is an element of that. But the main thing is that it's just so boring - most weeks I follow the other scores on my phone or chat to the bloke next to me whilst a terrible football match goes on in the background.
  • Renewed last season, but waiting to see who comes in and who leaves before deciding this time around.
  • edited June 2017

I was adamant that I would not be renewing until the last couple of weeks and now I'm not so sure but the biggest worry for the club will be fact that it's not a boycott for me; it's not a statement of intent it's just that it has become so much less fun than it used to be that I'd rather do something else with my Saturday afternoons - never mind my Tuesday evenings!

That is completely correct but it's also much more inconvenient logistically. It means, for me, leaving work earlier, arranging a sitter for my son, who would rather give away his PS4 than have to go to The Valley, it's a late night, by the time I get home, and in the winter it's cold and miserable before the game starts, never mind having to watch the $hit they have been serving up this season.

In fact, I think he MK Dons game was the only midweek one I am went to this season.
    Haha, also very good points. It's quite convenient for me as I live near the ground so just stop off at the game on the way home from work.

Am probably a weirdo for liking the cold midweek games the most. There's something very 'Charlton' about sitting in the cold, layered up with coat/scarf etc. at The Valley - with a pie and a bovril moaning about being 1-0 down to Oxford. It has a bit of character about it that's missing on Saturdays maybe.
  • Renewed last season, renewed for next season and probably will only stop renewing in the near future if our new, reduced sized capacity ground is outside zone 3 or is somebody else's like selhurst and Upton Park (been there, done that, won't do it again)
  • Not renewed my 3 as yet.
  • I've had an ST for the last 25 seasons, and gave in again last year. But not this time, will not be renewing sadly. Enough is enough.
  • Did not renew last two seasons, and have moved to the coast. Sadly like a lot of posters on here who I respect, I can make all sorts of reasons, but just cannot enjoy the football being played\owners . Attended no more than a handful of games, no midweek, found it quite distressing to be honest. As my sons seem to be playing football again next season, think I will go and watch them for my 'football fix'. Intend going to see Hythe Town FC as well.
    Like others I simply detest the situation.
    I am sure I will be tempted, but will take a 'rain check'.
  • Sponsored links:

• 2nd year of not renewing - what's changed? Nothing! If anything things are even worse. And based on the handful of games I attended last season I won't miss it in the slightest.

Also looking at football in general with English football and coaching in retreat as even p1ss poor Championship sides now look to hire some unknown coach from Europe and fill the squads with equally unknown average "talent" from abroad and journeyman loanees from the overpaid Prem lge moneybags. Plus numerous arrogant owners treating their clubs as a toy whilst treating us fans with contempt, its very easy to walk away and avoid more personal debt spent on following such a poorly run outfit which offers zero entertainment value.

If I need a football fix I'll go and watch my local non-league team - 5 minutes walk and a half decent bar.

Rant over
  • Foolishly renewed last season as I thought I would loose my seat. Now do not really care if I do. Will not renew until they go.
  • Going to UCD to continue the protest.

No more competitive games until they've gone.
  • Not renewing for the first time since 1992. Just got more important things to be getting on with in life. It will take them leading to encourage me to go again.
  • Ashamed to admit I attended 3 games last season but only paid for two. Possibly the odd fiver game next year but used to be an STH. Just go. Interesting to see season ticket take up.
  • Same as last season- won't renew, will do a handful of home, handful of away games, won't buy program
  • Caved in and bought a half season ticket last year. I have learned the error of my ways.
    I may go to Dulwich Hamlet more now I have more time at weekends. I am monumentally unexcited by football at the moment though. At least you can have a laugh and a beer at Champion Hill.