Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Any 'new' boycotters for this season?

I'm wondering just how low the crowds will get in the coming season. I fully expect more fans to not renew their season tickets but to pick and choose matches. Aside from that has anybody decided to boycott for the first time?

Comments

• how many S.T have been sold so far? how does it compare with last year
  • I'm wondering just how low the crowds will get in the coming season. I fully expect more fans to not renew their season tickets but to pick and choose matches. Aside from that has anybody decided to boycott for the first time?

One less match for me this year ... Millwall got promoted. Charlton will be lucky if I go to two home matches next season. It's killing me but, that's the way it has to be

Katrien was asked this at the conference she was at yesterday (nothing to do with her role, it's just she likes using the clubs money to pay £5,000 a time to attend conferences).

She said we'd sold over 20,000 so far.
    I'd like to think the above is true and this is another case of squirrel face being flippant.
  • With no Millwall game and hopefully no more incidents like the Keith Palmer one I suspect most will do two less games this year.
  • after Rolands escapades this week, having the ground valued for property value and admitting that he basically doesnt give a shit aslong as we turn a profit - i think if we can make him lose money faster, he will sell, as hes admitted hes a businessman, i cannot see me at anymore than one or two home games this season, always do the last one of the season as tradition and usually attend a ill do the away's as i have done for a number of years. sad state of affairs, kindly roland fuck off.
  • Will leave it till the end of June to see who we have signed and then decide.
    If I'm not happy I shall buy a Bromley season ticket just to get me out the house on a Saturday
  • Sponsored links:

• Was seduced by the £175 season ticket last season, would have to pay me a similar figure to go this season.

Will appear occasionally when I fancy it and 'Football for a Fiver' days etc. as I'm not fully 'boycotting', I just don't like going very much.

Katrien was asked this at the conference she was at yesterday (nothing to do with her role, it's just she likes using the clubs money to pay £5,000 a time to attend conferences).

She said we'd sold over 20,000 so far.
    Really ? There must be a lot of people itk re future signings or target 20k has been an outstanding success.
  • edited June 2017

Will leave it till the end of June to see who we have signed and then decide.
    If I'm not happy I shall buy a Bromley season ticket just to get me out the house on a Saturday

Think you should bite the bullet and get one so I can get in free as your carer.
  • I never renewed last time out,def not this one either...but as of new boycotters,my mum & dad,3 more mates & the 2 kids...will all be bak soon as they have packed up,shifted out & completely fucked off...

& as others have said,not even a home against the Millcoughwall to lose...!!!
  • edited June 2017
    I was adamant that I would not be renewing until the last couple of weeks and now I'm not so sure but the biggest worry for the club will be fact that it's not a boycott for me; it's not a statement of intent it's just that it has become so much less fun than it used to be that I'd rather do something else with my Saturday afternoons - never mind my Tuesday evenings!
  • Was sort of boycotting. Went to 3 last year, 2 of them being Millwall game and the MK Don's game. Feel like this will be a full on boycott this year unless he sells. As good as the protests have been I really feel this is the only way it will force him to sell.
  • Redhenry said:

Yes, me and Henry jnr will be unless the new signings show some serious intent and change of direction. On that basis, we will most probably be boycotting.

Exactly my situation. Boils down to:

Ticket price increase (unbelievable!)
    Same owner
    Zero signings
    Almost no risk of losing my seat
  • Sponsored links:

Non-league is very enjoyable amigo.
  • Third year for not renewing for me.

#notapennymore
  • edited June 2017

Will leave it till the end of June to see who we have signed and then decide.

Think you should bite the bullit and get one so I can get in free as your carer.
    What will happen to him once you have left the ground after 20 minutes?

Think you should bite the bullit and get one so I can get in free as your carer.
    What will happen to him once you have left the ground after 20 minutes.
    Mind made up.
    Charlton it is

What will happen to him once you have left the ground after 20 minutes.
    Mind made up.
    Charlton it is
    See you in about five years time.

He'll have to change himself.
  • f f s ... rename time ... 'Valley of the Ghosts'
  • There's no incentive to renew early as I'm not particularly interested in the online stuff, and as my East Stand seat is seriously expensive there's zero chance of anyone else buying a new season ticket and choosing my seat anyway! I will probably go to many/most matches, whether I buy a S/T or not, there are a surprising number of "long term regulars" in my section

He'll have to change himself.
    As I'll be Kent/Sussex level in front of about 50.
  • With no Millwall game and hopefully no more incidents like the Keith Palmer one I suspect most will do two less games this year.

The attendance at the Keith Palmer match was hardly anything to write home about, considering the call to support, maybe and I'm being generous an additional 2,000 actual bums on seats.