Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The thread about Boxing

Comments

• Options
    Good fight that last one, don't really know anything about the fighters on show.
    Nice to see someone other than Eddie Hearn/Sky putting boxing on.
  • Options
    Young Yarde looks a prospect.
  • Options
    Any relation to the rugby player?
  • Options
    I've enjoyed this card tonight to be fair. Some real good prospects
  • Options
    I have too. Not a mad boxing fan, but some good fights so far, hoping the next one will be too.
  • Options
    Davis loves to jump in with a looping right.
    Also watch out for his left uppercut. Cracking shot when that lands
  • Options
    Davis just levels above Walsh there.

Not sure what the commentators were thinking complaining about an early stoppage, Walsh was stumbling all over the place during the initial 10 count. Should've been stopped there.
  • Options

Not sure what the commentators were thinking complaining about an early stoppage, Walsh was stumbling all over the place during the initial 10 count. Should've been stopped there.

Absolutely. Don't know what Woodhall was on about. Walsh was all over the place after the knockdown & should've been stopped then.

Mayweather practically confirms the McGregor fight. I know people will be excited by that, but it's an awful miss match. Purely about money!
  • Options
    Stoppage was late if anything.
    Never looked steady after the knockdown. Surprised the ref let it continue there.
  • Options
    Was at the fight , Davis is a class above people like Walsh. Should've been stopped aftet the knockdown.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

This. Even more bizarre that in the previous Yarde fight Woodhall thought the ref was spot on in stopping the fight after Hobbs had only really taken a couple of body shots!

Davis had practically knocked Walsh's block off!!
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    Having trouble linking to this. But it's the post-fight brawl after the Dirrell fight.

Context - Dirrell was punched after the bell and went down, couldn't continue, so the other guy got disqualified.

They shook hands and made up. But then Dirrell's uncle sucker punched the other guy (I can't spell his name).

• Options
    He was in the flow of throwing a combination as the bell went. Happens in plenty of fights. Made worse here as the late punch put Dirrell down. Think a DQ is a bit over the top.

Dirrell (losing the fight) was repeatedly told by his corner to stay down.
    Think they've taken advantage of the situation big time here imo

What the uncle did was outrageous!
  • Options
    edited May 2017

He was in the flow of throwing a combination as the bell went. Happens in plenty of fights. Made worse here as the late punch put Dirrell down. Think a DQ is a bit over the top.

Dirrell (losing the fight) was repeatedly told by his corner to stay down.
    Think they've taken advantage of the situation big time here imo

What the uncle did was outrageous!

He did seem to deteriorate as the realisation dawned on him that, perversely, being knocked out would win him the fight!
  • Options

This. Even more bizarre that in the previous Yarde fight Woodhall thought the ref was spot on in stopping the fight after Hobbs had only really taken a couple of body shots!

Totally correct for the Hobbs fight to be stopped. He was way out of his depth and just because it was body rather than head shots it doesn't mean he wasn't in trouble. As for a "couple" of body shots it was five including the one he winced like hell at.
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    buckshee said:

Totally correct for the Hobbs fight to be stopped. He was way out of his depth and just because it was body rather than head shots it doesn't mean he wasn't in trouble. As for a "couple" of body shots it was five including the one he winced like hell at.
    I don't disagree with the Hobbs stoppage. But Walsh looked to be in the same, if not more trouble.
    Woodhall questioning the stoppage was a bit poor on his part.
  • Options
    Looking for a link for the Kell Brook fight tonight. Please post here if anyone finds 1. Thanks
  • Options
    Got Spence jr in this one, from what I've seen he's looked special.
  • Options
    Sorry to go off topic, but What has happened to Eubank jr?

I was listening to Costello and Bunce on 5 live this morning.
    Mike Costello has been away from the sport for a few months with illness. He said he was surprised he's heard nothing from him?

Bunce said he's completely dropped off the radar and nobody is even asking after him anymore?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Mike Costello has been away from the sport for a few months with illness. He said he was surprised he's heard nothing from him?

Bunce said he's completely dropped off the radar and nobody is even asking after him anymore?

If he had the balls to tell his old man to FUCK OFF he would soon be back in contention
    His ability ain't in doubt
  • Options
    He's good but 100% would benefit from distancing himself from his father
  • Options

He fought in February and won the IBO World Super-middleweight championship.

So going by the rankings likely to face anyone on this list next: http://www.iboboxing.com/rankings/168.html
  • Options
    I expect it's Eubank Snr's involvement in negotiations, unrealistic demands and the fact they both come across as complete twats.

Not seen Benn Jnr either lately, was on every Hearn card when he started and not been on any this year I don't think.
  • Options

Looking for a link for the Kell Brook fight tonight. Please post here if anyone finds 1. Thanks

Groves fight is being steamed on Showtime's twitter from 9:30 GMT. http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2017/5/27/15704844/brook-vs-spence-watch-free-live-stream-online-george-groves-fedor-chudinov-showtime-boxing
  • Options

Well that didn't work!

http://www.fbstreams.me/live/stream/kell-brook-vs-errol-spence-jr-:-ibf-world-welterweight-championship-fb-3/fighting
  • Options
    C'mon George
  • Options
    Don't think I've ever seen a round of boxing with fists flying as fast as that!
  • Options
    Groves is up against it here
  • Options
    Good fight this