Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Cellino sells 50% of Leeds

Italian businessman Andrea Radrizzani has bought a 50 per cent stake in Leeds United from Massimo Cellino.

Comments

• He has sold up to buy us?

Doubtful. I don't think he could have that kind of interest in two competing clubs.

He is probably an owner who is just as bad as Duchatalet - and bloody hell that takes some doing.
  • The other bloke has an option buy 100% in June - he can buy us then - when we are in Lg 2!
  • I thought Massimo Cellino was banned from owning a club in England
  • Does anyone know if there was any strong rumours that this would happen before it did? Just hoping we will hear an announcement like this one day soon
  • edited January 2017

Does anyone know if there was any strong rumours that this would happen before it did? Just hoping we will hear an announcement like this one day soon

It was in the papers
    ross1 said:

I thought Massimo Cellino was banned from owning a club in England

Banned from football activities (by the FA) for a period of time. But can be owner or part owner, and I for one am sure he has no involvement in any football activities
  • Does anyone know if there was any strong rumours that this would happen before it did? Just hoping we will hear an announcement like this one day soon

Knowing our incompetent lot, Roland probably actually sold up last week but they just haven't got round to announcing it yet.
  • I wish Rat bag would sell 100% of Charlton.
  • Sponsored links:

• Cellino sells 50% of Leeds.......To Roland Duchatelet.

Imagine that! Poor bas****s!
  • Anyone want to buy my genuine WW2 Italian rifle?

Really great condition - only ever dropped twice.
  • Welly said:

I wish Rat bag would sell 100% of Charlton.

He's working on it.

Today he's selling Lookie. Next week it'll be Fox; the week after it's Konsa and Aribo.

By the end of the summer there will only be KM Wrong Un and Sue Perks left (and Sue will only be there because she's chained herself to NightMeire and the vol au vents table.

Knowing our luck, Roland will sell 50% to Katrien.
  • edited January 2017
    Reading through this thread has provoked deep feelings which I had to share. I apologise if these views go a little off the thread but I could not find another where they would better fit.

The FA should hurriedly introduce a rule which levies very heavy penalties on any new owner who ceases to run a football club as a football club following their purchase. Persistent abusers should eventually be banned from the game if they do not conform to the accepted practices which has seen our game exported all over the world.

At Charlton we have suffered such a fate and there appears to be no official sanction against such a practice.

Whilst new owners have to pass a test proving they have sufficient funds, they should not be allowed to do as they like with an established, historic, highly regarded football league club particularly if it threatens their very existence.
    Duchatelet has shown his hand and is not pursuing the established, accepted and true format for running a football club. He has changed the whole emphasis and is content to gamble his investment on purely making money farming young players for profit. He has said he is not interested in results! THAT IS WHAT FOOTBALL IS ALL ABOUT!! He has no right to be associated with the game at any level with that attitude.

In my opinion, the national game is threatened and the accepted purpose of the league structures could be seriously affected (as evidenced by Charlton's avoidable relegation) by these remote rich individuals who, without regard for the game or the British fans, ride roughshod over community values built up since football began here. These effects are clearly seen around the country at an increasing number of our well established clubs.

Is it not time to call a halt to this blatent abuse of our highly prized national sport? The FA should insist that owning a football club is not about money alone. There is a much deeper responsibility to be upheld.

The FA are there to protect the sport. Many local communities have been built up around their clubs and now feel powerless to prevent new owners destroying their clubs with incompetent management, selfish greed and a seemingly total disregard for their unique status in British life.

Once identified, the Duchatelet experiment should never have been given a chance to continue and interfere in a football environment. It has severely impacted the lives of thousands of ordinary prople whose families have followed their team for generations both here and abroad.

And Duchatelet says he wants to build communities. He has proved to be a bigger liar than The Liar. We had our well established communities long before he arrived and will have them long after he has gone. Take your lies elsewhere Duchatlet they do not wash here.

• Days after Cellino sells the rest of his shares, Garry Monk resigns!
  • Middlesbrough bound.
  • Alan Nixon‏ @reluctantnicko 16m16 minutes ago
    More
    Leeds have lined up a football director. That will open door for next manager/coach. They are mates after all.

Alan Nixon‏ @reluctantnicko 21m21 minutes ago
    More
    Club wants rid of popular manager. Have new guy in mind. But don't want fan backlash. Manager wants away anyway. Drama over.
  • edited May 2017

Does anyone know if there was any strong rumours that this would happen before it did? Just hoping we will hear an announcement like this one day soon

Knowing our luck, Roland will sell 50% to Katrien.
    Using her famous negotiating skills she'll hold out for at least half or its no deal. ;)
  • Sponsored links:

• I hope Leeds go for Zola.
  • Dave Hockaday, here's your second chance...
  • Is Karel Fraeye available? I'll drive him there meself.