Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

RIP Sir Roger Moore

Has died aged 89

Comments

• So sad. Long battle with cancer
  • Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

my favourite Bond

RIP Roger
  • edited May 2017
    Was always my favourite Bond . Live and let die my favourite Bond film.
    My mum had an irrational hatred for him . When Bond or The Saint was on TV she would always get up and turn the TV over.
  • RIP Roger......RIP.
  • My dad's favourite programe was The Saint which starred Roger Moore and I was named Simon after the character he played. Was a great James Bond and had a terrific career.

R.I.P.
  • Sponsored links:

• Well Live and Let Die.... my first Bond. RIP Sir Roger.
  • RIP Roger. Great Bond and a true gent.
  • RIP Mr Bond
  • edited May 2017
    Being born in 1970, I grew up with Roger Moore as Bond, and for me is for me the best Bond (and I don't want to start a debate on who is the best Bond please !!!)

Pride of place in my hallway is my Roger Moore signed photo of him as Bond

RIP Roger - you brought much 'raised eyebrow' pleasure to many

• RIP - by all accounts a real gentleman
  • Gutted. Loved him as Bond as a kid.
    RIP Sir Roger.
  • RIP, sad news, on what is already a very sad day
  • The Saint, The Persuaders and Bond - a great career and a full life lived.

I used to drool over the Volvo P1800 Coupe and always wanted one but never have. Maybe a retirement car!

RIP Sir.
  • Sponsored links:

• Oh arse! My first Bond, if not necessarily my favourite. Seemed like a good bloke who didn't take himself too seriously. RIP.
  • Proper legend and a thoroughly decent man whenever interviewed.
  • I saw Live and Let Die only this weekend. What a terribly sad bit of news. He was my favourite Bond. Also loved The Saint.

I wonder if @Bedsaddick would be kind enough to edit the title of the thread, as he was Sir Roger..?
  • RIP to a local lad made good.

My late father and grandparents knew him when he was a boy.
  • RIP. My favourite bond screen him opening up a union flag parachute in The spy that loved me. The whole cinema went mad.
  • LenGlover said:

RIP to a local lad made good.

Based on his voice you wouldn't exactly describe him as a typical saarrf londoner!

I also seem to remember he lived in Bexleyheath (by the Crook Log) when married to Dorothy Squires. I could be wrong though.
  • edited May 2017
    Never did forgive you for not saying thank you to me for letting you go first while I had 60kg of tile adhesive on my shoulder behind 'arrods, but you were the best Bond and a gentle man by all accounts, so Ive decided to bury the hatchet my end.

RIP Roger Moore
  • What a shit day this is!! RIP
  • LenGlover said:

Lived in Bexley when he was married to Audrey Squires - sa
    bobmunro said:

LenGlover said:

Based on his voice you wouldn't exactly describe him as a typical saarrf londoner!

I also seem to remember he lived in Bexleyheath (by the Crook Log) when married to Dorothy Squires. I could be wrong though.
    Wansunt Road, Bexley with Audrey Squires