Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Twin Peaks - It's happening again

"Dianne it's 8.56pm and i'm preparing to find out what happened to me during the last 25 years. I'm guessing not only the owls, but everything else is not what it seems"

I've already seen the new episodes 1 & 2 which air on Sky Atlantic right now - no spoilers from me. All I will say is if you're a Peaks fan, stand by to be amazed...

Comments

• Loved the first two parts - a real update on the TP saga. Very dark and weird. The second two dragged (and felt a little like season 2 from the 90s). The first two episodes have given me hope that this could develop into a worthy follow-up.
  • "Dianne it's 8.56pm and i'm preparing to find out what happened to me during the last 25 years. I'm guessing not only the owls, but everything else is not what it seems"

I've already seen the new episodes 1 & 2 which air on Sky Atlantic right now - no spoilers from me. All I will say is if you're a Peaks fan, stand by to be amazed...

Bugger! Is it not gonna be on normal channels:(
  • Just on episode 3 of the original series so getting into it. Have to say my best scene by far is when Leland palmer does his 'I'm back' dance with the Horne Brothers in Ben Horne's office. Don't know why but thought it was brilliant
  • I enjoyed it, although I wasn't blown away. It's great to have something new from David Lynch as well, hopefully he wrote and directed all of this season.
  • I have no idea what's going on. Never seen it before tonight. Utterly bizarre.
  • Its a show i never watched is it worth a watch. I do like wierd which is what i describe american gods right now. Is twin peaks worth a watch and so you need to have seen original series ?
  • I don't think you need to watch the original series to watch this one as it was all so bloody weird. loved it though.
  • I disagree, you'd have no idea about the red room, black lodge and characters' pasts. You wouldn't enjoy or appreciate it as much. It was classic tv, why skip it?
  • edited May 2017

Its a show i never watched is it worth a watch. I do like wierd which is what i describe american gods right now. Is twin peaks worth a watch and so you need to have seen original series ?

Through the darkness of futures past
    The magician longs to see
    One chants out between two worlds
    Fire, walk with me.

This is weird. As for the new TP, I guarantee you will never see anything more weird.
  • the owls are not what they seem

dont have sky so will have to wait for this, absolutely love anything by Lynch. was a nipper when TP first aired and it scared the bejesus out of me.

night v day
    unconscious v conscious
    blonde v brown
  • Sponsored links:

• ill have ago of the original first me thinks. That said if I watched all the good tv we have now id never leave the house. Ill add it to the list
  • RedPanda said:

I disagree, you'd have no idea about the red room, black lodge and characters' pasts. You wouldn't enjoy or appreciate it as much. It was classic tv, why skip it?

My husband kept on saying 'oh that's her dad' from the original 'that's her from the original' they're in a dimension from the original. Etc etc. He watched it all originally and then again last year when he was off work with a broken leg. I don't think we'll watch the originals again. Did read this is 18 eps! Jeez.
  • Have not got the faintest idea what is going on. Not sure I can be bothered...
  • only caught the last 10 mins & didn't know if it was the original or new - lots of shots of Kyle Mac as he was then - are they mixing old footage with new ??

I sort of watched the original "back in the day", but missed a few episodes so lost the plot a bit (if there was a plot in the first place), but remember watching the final couple of episodes so I think I can remember who did it.

It was the log lady.
  • Bump. Episode 8 was the most amazing thing I've ever seen on TV. The Woodsman was utterly chilling. Can't get those words "this is the water and this is the well" etc out of my head! Anyone else seen it?
  • Bump. Episode 8 was the most amazing thing I've ever seen on TV. The Woodsman was utterly chilling. Can't get those words "this is the water and this is the well" etc out of my head! Anyone else seen it?

Same. I've been walking around repeating it.

It was glorious, beautiful and genuinely disturbing, pure Lynch. I love that he's been allowed to do that on TV, of his films only Inland Empire stands out as being more messed up than episode 8.

I've sort of made sense of it now, with the help of a couple of forums. I'm going to rewatch it tonight so I can enjoy it on a big screen and with the volume up.
  • Got a light? Got a light? sorry non-TP viewers.

Yes. What a weird episode, even for Lynch !
  • At last! The glorious return to consciousness of Special Agent Dale Cooper!! It's been a thrilling ride and I can't wait for the series finale next weekend.

Anyone else on here been spellbound by how TP has unfolded? I can't be the only one surely?
  • Sponsored links:

• edited August 2017
    At times as slow as a snail other times mindblowing. I've loved it - and in a lot of ways, think it surpasses the original.
  • I absolutely love it, it might even have surpassed The Wire as my favourite show ever. I’m still in awe of episode 8.

I love coming away from it each week and trying to piece together what happened, I think I understand most of it then there are parts put in there purely to mess with us and make it uncomfortable (the puking girl in the car, reflections glitching at Ed’s Station, the toy bear and Johnny, etc).

I will miss it a lot after next Monday but there will be a book coming out to tie up some of the loose ends (or open them further).