Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Lee Bowyer

If reports are true, what do we think about the possibility of Bowyer becoming Robinsons No 2, even though he has no experience in this department?

I remember him as a good player but often reckless and explosive, with not too much up top!

I think it's good we have a "Charlton Man" if that's true and he does have an affiliation/allegiance to us but the lack of experience bothers me.

Is this just a PR stunt?

Comments

• No. They have learnt from their mistakes like constant churn of coaching staff and promoting under-qualified individuals.
  • edited May 2017
    Doesn't the guy who came in from QPR to help with recruitment also have a coaching licence? Maybe he would be a better bet as number 2 than Bowyer or Jacko.

Not sure Bowyer is proper Charlton, West Ham supporter I think and long time since he was with us. Never said any thing about his links to us.
  • Who care who the number 2 is, when the number 1 has six months at best?
  • Bad appointment. Nothing against him, but don't see him offering anything as assistant manager.

You generally need a wiley old hat as assistant who steadies the ship, especially in our case with KRs penchant for hot air... not a guy with no experience and who is (or at least 'was') a sandwich short of a picnic.
  • If reports are true, what do we think about the possibility of Bowyer becoming Robinsons No 2, even though he has no experience in this department?

I remember him as a good player but often reckless and explosive, with not too much up top!

I think it's good we have a "Charlton Man" if that's true and he does have an affiliation/allegiance to us but the lack of experience bothers me.

Is this just a PR stunt?

Harsh, he doesn't come round yours and make fun of your hair.
  • We certainly won't be taking an intellectual approach to the game. More checkers than chess!
  • Have you seen his McDonalds advert?
  • If reports are true, what do we think about the possibility of Bowyer becoming Robinsons No 2, even though he has no experience in this department?

Is this just a PR stunt?

There was quite a personal interview with him a few years ago saying that the birth of his twins has changed his outlook on things, and he was off to France to set up a fishing-lake business.
    Maybe he has calmed down a bit nowadays?
  • Sponsored links:

• I had this confirmed a week or so ago, am sure I posted it on here somewhere.

I think it just shows how few lessons have truly been learnt. We've swapped a very experienced number 2 for about the least experienced you can get.

That said all we can do is give him a chance. In the assumption that Robinson is unlikely to last the season I doubt Bowyer will either.
  • From what I heard (a very reliable source) it was Robinson's decision to promote Bowyer. Simon Clark was offered something else - but it wasn't what he wanted and opted to depart.
  • Has he got his coaching badges?
  • Oh good. Another Lee Bowyer thread. Great. Can't get enough information on the horrible, nasty, spiteful, violent, thug.
  • cafc-west said:

From what I heard (a very reliable source) it was Robinson's decision to promote Bowyer. Simon Clark was offered something else - but it wasn't what he wanted and opted to depart.

I don't know who's decision it was only that Bowyer confirmed he'd been offered (and accepted) the job. I can find out if its of particular interest but not sure it really is.
  • Chizz said:

Oh good. Another Lee Bowyer thread. Great. Can't get enough information on the horrible, nasty, spiteful, violent, thug.

Hope you have never made any mistakes in life mate!

Is this just a PR stunt?

There was quite a personal interview with him a few years ago saying that the birth of his twins has changed his outlook on things, and he was off to France to set up a fishing-lake business.
    Maybe he has calmed down a bit nowadays?
    I can't help but smile at coming to our madhouse after setting up a fishing business is "calming down". Must be one crazy fishing business :)
  • LoOkOuT said:

We certainly won't be taking an intellectual approach to the game. More checkers than chess!

More 'snap' than chequers.
  • Chizz said:

Oh good. Another Lee Bowyer thread. Great. Can't get enough information on the horrible, nasty, spiteful, violent, thug.

I've never made "mistakes" on that violent, reprehensible scale.
  • Sponsored links:

• He is not a "Charlton man". Came through years ago, left after only a few games and never seen him back. Doesn't support the club. None of that is an issue but it does then say we should only give him the number 2 if he is the best available a League One club owned by a billionnaire can afford. I doubt this to be true,
  • This would be an...er...unique appointment. Meaning weird. What exactly would he be bringing to the table?
  • This would be an...er...unique appointment. Meaning weird. What exactly would he be bringing to the table?

A small wage bill?
  • edited May 2017
    Chizz said:

Man will always condemn in others that which he most fears in himself.
  • Give Bowyer a chance, other clubs weren't exactly knocking our door down to sign Clark.
  • Yet another reason not to renew season ticket.
  • Chizz said:

Don't hold back mate, tell us what you really think?

ftr I just remain non-plussed...
  • In terms of football brain, he must have something up top to become the player he was when he wasn't exactly the biggest, strongest, quickest or have the most natural talent. Incredible ability to arrive in the box at the right time and if he could teach someone like JFC half of that then no doubt that will be one less player we have to worry about getting into double figures.
  • JiMMy 85 said:

Chizz said:

Chizz said:

I've never made "mistakes" on that violent, reprehensible scale.
    You've obviously never had to wait ten minutes for an apple pie.
    Only to find out it is now hotter than lava and you need to wait an hour before you can even touch it