Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

If you could

What policies would you introduce for the UK.

1. Alcohol duty would continue to rise but be frozen at traditional pubs (not late night cram them in watering holes), to maintain a sense of community that is sorely missed in these days of social media and hectic schedules.
2. Unemployment benefit to be halved after 6 months, but with the recipient to be then placed in a work place where the employer pays the rest for a further six months. Then after six months the employer would be given the opportunity to fully employ a trained worker. If the company found any excuse to not employ them and was deemed to be simply using it for cheap temporary staff there would be severe financial sanctions.
3. I would severely restrict what MPs are allowed to claim as expenses, all assistants etc would also be provided for them to stop over claiming of wages.

Comments

• reduce retirement age to 60 so as to get the long term unemployed into work. Can be funded by the saving in unemployment benefit. Win win situation.
  • reduce retirement age to 60 so as to get the long term unemployed into work. Can be funded by the saving in unemployment benefit. Win win situation.

As a small scale employer we have somebody working for us that is 70 and has been left behind by modern technology such as the phone and tills, but we have no rights and would feel absolutely terrible about doing the correct thing for the business.
  • cfgs said:

reduce retirement age to 60 so as to get the long term unemployed into work. Can be funded by the saving in unemployment benefit. Win win situation.

As a small scale employer we have somebody working for us that is 70 and has been left behind by modern technology such as the phone and tills, but we have no rights and would feel absolutely terrible about doing the correct thing for the business.
    Jump out from hiding places shouting "Boo" a lot. He won't be with you for much longer.
    Brought tears to my eyes, you heartless bugger.
  • if they cant do the job they should be sacked/retired
    MrOneLung said:

if they cant do the job they should be sacked/retired

Euthanised?
  • cfgs said:

cfgs said:

reduce retirement age to 60 so as to get the long term unemployed into work. Can be funded by the saving in unemployment benefit. Win win situation.

Jump out from hiding places shouting "Boo" a lot. He won't be with you for much longer.

cfgs said:

better not tell him about computers, email and the internet then

He is a she and I think she believes computers etc are witch craft, the bad thing is she was a dinner lady at my primary school and my Dad employed her when I was 11, I am nearly 43 & 3/4
    ;)

• Sponsored links:

• You got to be cruel to be kind, tell him the firms moved on and you aint got time for his constant dithering or going for a piss.
  • I'm really concerned about social inequality, so for me there'd have to be a massive redistribution of wealth. I'd collect all the money in and share it out so that everybody had exactly the same amount. Then, as soon as I'd spent mine I'd collect it all back in again... Joke courtesy of Ken Dodd.
  • cfgs said:

Here's a really radical idea! How about spending some time with him (using staff on a rotational basis maybe) to get him a little more 'up to speed' with modern technology. 'Win Win' situation for him and the business.

From a managerial perspective it's commonly referred to as 'mentoring'!
  • cfgs said:

Here's a really radical idea! How about spending some time with him (using staff on a rotational basis maybe) to get him a little more 'up to speed' with modern technology. 'Win Win' situation for him and the business.

From a managerial perspective it's commonly referred to as 'mentoring'!
    As I have already said he is a she, and we are properly small scale. I work with all the staff and routinely show them how to do things, can't coach somebody not to go to the toilet every time the phone rings. As for firing etc we operate in a small country location and would anger a huge chunk of our customer base by taking that option. I find that all staff have their draw backs you either live with them and work around them, get rid of them or help them over come their negatives. Being soft I hate the second option.
  • Policies?
    Well, the one I'd start with is taxing the churches, synagogues, mosques, temples and all those oddball offshoots. In particular, I'd take 50% of all their tithes. Think of it as a modern day reformation.
  • MrOneLung said:

Doesn't seem to bother Katrien.
  • Introduce the 40 hour week over 4 days.

Longer weekend means people spend more money.
  • Benefits in the form of vouchers only exchangeable for what the benefit is meant for. Not fags, sweets, sugary drinks, alcohol and scratch cards.

You'd never get it past the powerful fags, sweets, sugary drinks, alcohol and scratch cards lobby.
  • Sponsored links:

• Benefits in the form of vouchers only exchangeable for what the benefit is meant for. Not fags, sweets, sugary drinks, alcohol and scratch cards.

That's a fantastic option
  • Means test winter fuel allowance, cut benefits, increase VAT, make them who can afford it least to pay more tax, introduce more private and/or foreign companies into the NHS, increase net immigration despite saying the opposite, increase higher education fee limits, cut funding for state schools, move retirement age further away for the masses, increase borrowing and ignore previous mentioned targets and alienate us from the rest of western Europe and no immediate increase on beer and fags.
    And tell us its fairer society this way.
  • MrOneLung said:

Doesn't seem to bother Katrien.
    But her reply is that she still has a job so must be doing it right.

• I would introduce a form of on the job training for MPs of all party colours to actually have to face and use the poorly performing services they deem good enough for us proles.

Will never happen of course
  • Education:
    ⦁ Right to leave school at 15 if you had a job to go to and could prove that you'd reached a certain standard in English, arithmetic and life skills.
    ⦁ Greater emphasis on certain learning through repetition at an early age - I realise that this sounds like a backward step but modern studies on brain plasticity indicate that educationally we threw the baby out with the bathwater.
    ⦁ Less emphasis on passing exams, more emphasis on the utility of subjects.
    ⦁ All education to be secular; if you want to indoctrinate your kids do it at your own expense and in your own time - that's what us football fans have to do.
    ⦁ Change in emphasis so that education isn't just something that you do in your youth, but something that's life long.

Crime:
    ⦁ The countdown on all custodial sentences would only begin when the convict could prove they were totally clean of all drugs. Subsequent random testing which would pause the countdown and could reset the sentence for repeats.
    ⦁ Devil's Island type scenario for those with no chance of release - I don't want to pay for them or be reminded of them when they die.

Health:
    ⦁ Greater emphasis on education, preventative programmes and palliative care.
    ⦁ No public funding of fertility treatment, gender reassignment, homeopathy.
    ⦁ More A&E units, but fewer/bigger traditional hospitals.

Economy:

⦁ Tax the rich until their piles explode.
    ⦁ Major infrastructure projects - hospitals, schools. Maybe something with maglev.
    ⦁ Tax evasion to be a capital crime. Tax avoidance to be criminalised. Everyone to be happy to pay tax.

Transport

⦁ Nationalisation of public transport to ensure consistency of high level service, good integration and understandable fare structures.
    ⦁ Armed guards on all trains with the right to instantly evict anyone putting their feet on the seats, leaving bags on seats, taking too much space, sweating profusely, applying makeup or holding loud phone conversations.
    ⦁ All BMWs to be fitted with those new fangled indicator lights that some other cars have.
    ⦁ Increase public transport subsidies.

Environment:
    ⦁ Death penalty for fly-tippers, litter louts and those who smoke in public.
    ⦁ Major investment in green technologies.
  • Any foreign national found guilty of a criminal offence (not speeding/driving offences or minor crimes like DOD etc) to be deported once their sentence is complete. No appeal process, immediate deportation.
  • Teach young people to drive for free as part of their college education - thus ensuring a consistent standard.
    Then add the cost of the course to student loan figure, OR make them go onto taxi/psv training, then lease them a vehicle with a payback plan.

It is ridiculous that we have to import labour to drive taxis/delivery vans etc, when we have so many young people who want to drive and want to work.

I know 2 young people that drive for supermarket home deliveries and they would be on the dole if their parents hadn't paid for them to pass the driving test.
    Now they are working tax payers, providing a valuable service.
  • Any foreign national found guilty of a criminal offence (not speeding/driving offences or minor crimes like DOD etc) to be deported once their sentence is complete. No appeal process, immediate deportation.

would rather we didn't foot the bill and just deportation straight away once a person is found guilty, actually think it would cut crime as we are a lot more lenient than other countries.