Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Whitstable car park

Popped down to whitstable yesterday.
Could someone please help with my maths,
£1.40 an hour put £7 in how many hours should I get.
Thanks

Comments

• 5 hours...
  • 5 hours 10:38 to 15:38 = 5 hours £1.40 X 5 = £7

Am I missing something ?
  • edited May 2017
  • Surely it doesn't really matter unless you got a ticket between 15.18 and 15.38,
  • And there was me thinking this is going to be about dogging.

Clowes Woods near there.

Apparently.
  • clb74 said:

Thanks

Price went up to £1.50 an hour on April 1st.
  • You've been conned out of 20 minutes there. I'd be writing a strongly worded letter to the council demanding my 46p back.
  • Sponsored links:

• 5 hours 10:38 to 15:38 = 5 hours £1.40 X 5 = £7

Am I missing something ?

Ok I am missing the the 15:18 DOH !
  • Thanks for the replies

clb74 said:

Thanks

Price went up to £1.50 an hour on April 1st.
    Hi airman stated out of season £1.20
    And £1.40 in season.
    Addickted said:

Surely it doesn't really matter unless you got a ticket between 15.18 and 15.38,

I did think about going back to the car at 15.34 and then if I had a ticket contest the ticket.
    Problem there would of been the wife telling me I'm already moaning and we've not got out the car park
  • There's me thinking this might be a Diane Abbott canvasses Whitstable thread.
  • edited May 2017

There's me thinking this might be a Diane Abbott canvasses Whitstable thread.

More of a Tory one, where they say, record amounts of spending on parking under this government.

• clb74 said:

Thanks

• edited May 2017

There's me thinking this might be a Diane Abbott canvasses Whitstable thread.

More of a Troy one, where they say, record amounts of spending on parking under this government.

Not seen that one.
  • We always park up top overlooking the beach huts and sea. Plenty of free parking on the roads up there, then walk down along the seafront to the restaurants and pubs.
  • We always park up top overlooking the beach huts and sea. Plenty of free parking on the roads up there, then walk down along the seafront to the restaurants and pubs.

That's not Whitstable......it's Tankerton!
  • clb74 said:

Thanks

It's your own fault, you should have parked on the edge of town - free and you get some exercise walking down the high street.
  • Has anyone thought why sea side resorts/towns have a particular problem with parking......forgetting the visitors to the town for a moment.
  • Sponsored links:

• Has anyone thought why sea side resorts/towns have a particular problem with parking......forgetting the visitors to the town for a moment.

Could it be that about 50% of the radius of the town is unavailable?

Even worse when it's a bay

Never any parking issues in Jaywick...
  • I was in Whitstable at the weekend ... spotted a couple of CAFC
  • I love Whitstable but last few years it's turning into Islington on sea. Which is understandable as it's a nice place and Islington not so much. Or at least very different.

When we drive down there we tend to use the roads up towards Herne Bay or park up the other end and walk along
  • edited May 2017
    Carter said:

I love Whitstable but last few years it's turning into Islington on sea. Which is understandable as it's a nice place and Islington not so much. Or at least very different.

When we drive down there we tend to use the roads up towards Herne Bay or park up the other end and walk along

I agree - still love it but Whitstable was nicer about 5-10 years ago before it became mega popular. Rented a flat on the seafront at the time and that would be about twice the price now too.

Herne Bay I think is starting to improve, few nice places opening etc. Needs to improve the pubs still!
  • sorry thought this was a dogging thread
  • SoundAsa£ is right most seaside towns have too little parking, Broadstairs is a good example it's a bloody nightmare finding somewhere to park and as for Brighton it's a second mortgage to park for a few hours
  • lolwray said:

sorry thought this was a dogging thread

It is. That's how much you pay to watch, not to park.
  • I was expecting the thread to say that he had spotted KR doing some secret transfer deals there...