Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Cover to Cover - own thread ?

Dear moderator,

As someone who recently had a thread closed because (apparently) there was another one open about 3 pages back, could you please delete all the cover-to-cover threads (including those that don't even say "cover to cover" but are) or amalgamate them into one, otherwise the front page will be awash with them & only the stickys will be left standing.

Thank you.

PS - I'm not against these threads, far from it - but surely the should have a single thread of their own, ala Transfer rumours, etc etc.

Comments

• What started out as a good idea, has suddenly got out of hand as everyone wants to be the instigator. There's only one original though and that's Robert Elms' Henry's. My personal opinion is that we should limit these to one per week and it should be HI's call. Anything else ought to be sunk.
  • must admit they are all doing my nut in and I don't even open most of them
  • Yep, fed up with it. Far too many

Went badly downhill with the Chaka Demus snub. Lost all credibility at that point.

I still think Pliers is a hard name to beat in any musical genre. :smile:

• Dear moderator,

As someone who recently had a thread closed because (apparently) there was another one open about 3 pages back, could you please delete all the cover-to-cover threads (including those that don't even say "cover to cover" but are) or amalgamate them into one, otherwise the front page will be awash with them & only the stickys will be left standing.

Thank you.

PS - I'm not against these threads, far from it - but surely the should have a single thread of their own, ala Transfer rumours, etc etc.

Yeah. Do you remember when we were only allowed one World Cup thread?
  • edited May 2017
    Stig said:

What started out as a good idea, has suddenly got out of hand as everyone wants to be the instigator. There's only one original though and that's Robert Elms' Henry's. My personal opinion is that we should limit these to one per week and it should be HI's call. Anything else ought to be sunk.

This.

People jumping on the bandwagon with badly thought out covers, some not even with videos or total mismatches or even jazz.

Will do a proper cover to cover on Wednesday
  • Stig said:

What started out as a good idea, has suddenly got out of hand as everyone wants to be the instigator. There's only one original though and that's Robert Elms' Henry's. My personal opinion is that we should limit these to one per week and it should be HI's call. Anything else ought to be sunk.

Stig said:

Booo and just when I woz gonna do one meself!
  • Agreed.
  • Sorry, I won't create another one - I'll leave it to the experts.
  • Stig said:

This.

One per week and make it a Friday at 5 o'clock (like 'Crackerjack', a good way to start the weekend).
  • Sponsored links:

• Stig said:

Agree with you Stig. Leave it to Henry. ( @ken from bexley can do heavy rock and @PaddyP17 can do jazz when Henry is on holiday)
  • What should a civilian poster do if they want their fellow Charlton supporters views on the merits of a cover version?
  • edited May 2017
    I'm warning you @Henry Irving , I've had many dealings with Robert Elms, and much as he's a nice chap and all that, he is very litigious! ;-)
  • Stig said:

This.

One per week and make it a Friday at 5 o'clock (like 'Crackerjack', a good way to start the weekend).
    "Crackerjack"
  • Who did the best cover of The Commodores Easy?

Lionel Richie. :wink:
    https://youtu.be/xuiaL9HD2hw

Or Faith No More.

https://youtu.be/vPzDTfIb0DU

Faith No More for me.