Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Cover to Cover Eva Cassidy and Eric Clapton Over the Rainbow

Comments

• Options
    Can I have Judy Garland?
  • Options

Can I have Judy Garland?

She's the original artist - I know this rule has been broken, but I have chosen 2 covers of this song from the literally hundreds available.
  • Options
    Saga Lout said:

Can I have Judy Garland?

She's the original artist - I know this rule has been broken, but I have chosen 2 covers of this song from the literally hundreds available.
    I'll need to look into this, because rules aren't there to be broken mate, they're there to be followed.

Be right back
  • Options

Saga Lout said:

Can I have Judy Garland?

I'll need to look into this, because rules aren't there to be broken mate, they're there to be followed.

Be right back
    Just as long as you are clear - I'm following the rules - it's other people been breaking them!
  • Options
    They've got this new Mod on here, don't know his arse from his elbow, that's why
  • Options
    Out of them 2, I like Eric Clapton's version
  • Options
    These are both awful
    The version by that fat Hawaiian bloke is the beat
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    Well I have always thought Eva Cassidy's version is stunning. Partly because it just seems so effortless.
    So for me, it would be pretty much that version over anybody else's.
  • Options
    I think, in context and given the sadly untimely death of Eve Cassidy, it has to be her version.

As big a fan of Clapton as I am, I find his version lacking any real feeling and a bit too "swingy" for my liking.
  • Options
    Eva all day
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    No need to even listen to Clapout's version - no one can come close to Cassidy's voice (except maybe Karen Carpenter)
  • Options
    Eva Cassidy
  • Options
    Cassidy all the way, her vocal is timeless in the true sense of the word, and set the standard so poorly copied (in every X factor - yuck). Sorry to discover her only recently, and of course that she isn't still with us. Worth a listen.
  • Options
    Neither, bloody awful.

Stick with Judy in disguise with glasses.
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    Reading this thread some people dont deserve to have ears.
    Both are live versions, and both excellent.
    Gods is a cool version, but I love Evas phrasing, and playing, so much soul, I also feel that her version is the best Ive ever heard, bar none.
  • Options
    F*** me. Clapton has been in two of these so far. He loses both. Eva Cassidy.
  • Options
    Eva. Voice of an angel. Easiest one yet.