Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Cover to cover. 'I saw her standing there'. The Beatles or The Pink Fairies.

Two versions of the same song. Listen to both without prejudice and say which you prefer and why.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2xbig-xfCIQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqDSWL6mR-8

Comments

• edited May 2017
    Always enjoyed the Pink Fairies but definitely prefer the original Beatles version.

Fits their sound much better.
  • stonemuse said:

Always enjoyed the Pink Fairies but definitely prefer the original Beatles version.

Fits their sound much better.

Ditto.
  • edited May 2017
    Fairies trying too hard to make a pop/soul song sound like a blues song.

Beatles sounds both rawer and sharper although the link seems to be to Macca solo version

The Beatles take it.
  • Tiffany.
  • I prefer my own band's version... but then I would, wouldn't I?
  • The Fab Four win it hands down.
  • The Beatles' version of this song is the best. The Pink Fairies' version doesn't add anything or explore any contemporaneous issues. A full decade after The Beatles recorded I Saw Her Standing There, the cover version hasn't interpreted the song in any intersting or important new way.

I am really intrigued by @Henry Irving 's comment about version one on the original post not being The Beatles. It doesnt't seem to be take one from the 11 February 1963 Please Please Me; it's certainly not take two (which was an outtake); and it's also not take nine, from which the "One, Two, Three, FOUR..." introduction is taken.

But it also sounds like The Beatles! I am absoutely sure it's Ringo playing drums.

McCartney recorded it "solo" in 1987, so it could be that version. Although, why would he bother to record an almost-identical version? Maybe it's Macca singing it on top of an original recording from the '63 session..?
  • I tend to agree with everybody here, although I prefer the Fairies guitar break.
  • edited May 2017
    Has to be the Beatles for me. My favourite song by them. And as far as I can tell that version sounds near identical to the one on the album.
  • No real competition....The Beatles
  • Sponsored links:

• The Tubes version knocks spots off any others!
  • The Beatles all day long.
  • Saga Lout said:

I prefer my own band's version... but then I would, wouldn't I?

so do I.
  • Greenie said:

Saga Lout said:

I prefer my own band's version... but then I would, wouldn't I?

so do I.
    Thank you for your support.