Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Chelsea

Luiz should be off for that but not even yellow. Ref saw cos he waved play on. He has given Baggies nothing all game.

Comments

• bit of a fierce game is it not .. Pullis is a manager who terrifies his players .. they are going all out to stop Chelsea and doing it well
  • famous last words .. MUST be the title for the pensioners .. VERY well paid pensioners lol
  • Pullis is a manager who terrifies his players

Not sure about that. Quite a humble bloke. Lost his grandkid only days old. Saw him at funeral of his daughter's father in law. Absolutely no 'do you know who I am'.
  • Cesc Fabregas' grasp of English is coming on well.....
  • Great to see John Terry get right in the middle of the celebrations.

Are you seriously suggesting he does not have the right to celebrate?
  • MrLargo said:

Cesc Fabregas' grasp of English is coming on well.....

I bet most of us could swear in a foreign language to be fair. Some of us multi linguists in that respect!
  • Great to see John Terry get right in the middle of the celebrations.

Are you seriously suggesting he does not have the right to celebrate?
    Not seriously, no.
  • I know the table proves me wrong... I have to accept it but... I just don't think Chelsea are that good. I don't know how they've managed this. If De Bruyne had not missed an open goal I'm convinced they wouldn't have gone on that run.
  • Sponsored links:

• JiMMy 85 said:

I know the table proves me wrong... I have to accept it but... I just don't think Chelsea are that good. I don't know how they've managed this. If De Bruyne had not missed an open goal I'm convinced they wouldn't have gone on that run.

Very efficient team - good defence (and I didn't forsee that when they re-signed Luiz) and they've managed to get the goals to sneak tight games. Bit lucky with injuries maybe, but definitely a team (and manager) who know to get the job done.
  • Batushyi at £30m odd says a lot about the money in the game. He's been nailed on for the early rounds of the league and FA Cup and I was surprised to see him get the winner tonight given he's hardly played all season
  • No European games has helped too.
  • Obviously been the best side this season. Interesting to see how they cope with extra European football next season.
  • Be interesing to compare Liege's selling price for Baushiyu and Chelsea's buying price given rumours of 3rd party ownership. Can anyone help?
  • JiMMy 85 said:

I know the table proves me wrong... I have to accept it but... I just don't think Chelsea are that good. I don't know how they've managed this. If De Bruyne had not missed an open goal I'm convinced they wouldn't have gone on that run.

Winning the title suggests you are wrong.
  • Good squad and a great manager. No coincidence that Kante has another championship medal. Tottenham may have been better in the second half of the season but drew too many in the first half.
  • Sponsored links:

• Conte is awesome.

Sky take a lot of stick cos they are money grabbing bastards but the feature and analysis they did on Conte before the game was quality. I really like him, they deserve it. 28 wins says it all.

I agree.

The difference between Chelsea and Spurs this year has been the ability to turn draws into wins.

They've done that because they've had real quality on the bench to call on. We've had Janssen and Sissoko. Its only because we managed to put together 9 consecutive wins made it close.

I'll argue until the cows come home that we play a more attractive style (just like Leicester last year too!) but style doesnt win matches. The ability to break down teams with 11 men behind the ball does.

His ability to turn David Luiz and Victor moses into decent players cant escape notice. Both were bloody awful before he came along. I remember after the transfer window shut and someone at work had told me they'd resigned Luiz, I rubbed my eyes in amazement and thought to myself that Conte
    was mad. Clearly not.

Conte is a bloody genius. The b@stard.
  • Gotta let everyone chelsea , can't believe how much effort people put into there displays.
  • JohnBoyUK said:

Conte is awesome.

Sky take a lot of stick cos they are money grabbing bastards but the feature and analysis they did on Conte before the game was quality. I really like him, they deserve it. 28 wins says it all.

I agree.

The difference between Chelsea and Spurs this year has been the ability to turn draws into wins.
    Conte is a bloody genius. The b@stard.
    Conte used all 3 subs in every game, the only manager to do so.
  • Chelsea fans in the West Stand Upper tier face a huge price increase next season.

The current season ticket price of £1,250 will soar to £3,900 per seat for a tier one ticket!!
  • Chelsea fans in the West Stand Upper tier face a huge price increase next season.

The current season ticket price of £1,250 will soar to £3,900 per seat for a tier one ticket!!
    Good to know for when we are back in the PL. Reminds me of that last time we played there in the PL and they wanted £45 & £48 for a ticket. I just used one of the many corporate season tickets that are going begging at the weekend (midweek CL games for the use of) and sat in the lower west after enjoying lunch, half time snacks etc that came with the ST. Apart from one or two other Addicks that had taken the same route most of the others around us hadn’t a clue as to who either teams players were and a little group in the row in front were having to be told

Good to know for when we are back in the PL. Reminds me of that last time we played there in the PL and they wanted £45 & £48 for a ticket. I just used one of the many corporate season tickets that are going begging at the weekend (midweek CL games for the use of) and sat in the lower west after enjoying lunch, half time snacks etc that came with the ST. Apart from one or two other Addicks that had taken the same route most of the others around us hadn’t a clue as to who either teams players were and a little group in the row in front were having to be told

Had a very similar experience on (my only ever) free corporate ticket at Chelsea when we played there.  The Chelsea 'fan' behind me had to ask his friend who the Chelsea sub was, coming on.  It was Shaun Wright-Phillips, an England international at the time.

• milo said:
    Chelsea fans in the West Stand Upper tier face a huge price increase next season.

Had a very similar experience on (my only ever) free corporate ticket at Chelsea when we played there.  The Chelsea 'fan' behind me had to ask his friend who the Chelsea sub was, coming on.  It was Shaun Wright-Phillips, an England international at the time.

Did you tell him he wasn't as good as Bradley?

According to my Chelsea supporting SiL, it’s a new fan experience section with modern bar and dining experience etc.  It was publicised well in advance and it’s available this season at the current (low ?) price as a trial.
  • edited November 2021
    JohnBoyUK said:
    Conte is awesome. Sky take a lot of stick cos they are money grabbing bastards but the feature and analysis they did on Conte before the game was quality. I really like him, they deserve it. 28 wins says it all.
    I agree. The difference between Chelsea and Spurs this year has been the ability to turn draws into wins. They've done that because they've had real quality on the bench to call on. We've had Janssen and Sissoko. Its only because we managed to put together 9 consecutive wins made it close. I'll argue until the cows come home that we play a more attractive style (just like Leicester last year too!) but style doesnt win matches. The ability to break down teams with 11 men behind the ball does. His ability to turn David Luiz and Victor moses into decent players cant escape notice. Both were bloody awful before he came along. I remember after the transfer window shut and someone at work had told me they'd resigned Luiz, I rubbed my eyes in amazement and thought to myself that Conte was mad. Clearly not. Conte is a bloody genius. The b@stard.
    ha, safe to say I never saw that happening almost 5 years later!  Hopefully he's still a miracle worker!