Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Ben Reeves - DONE DEAL 2 year contract page 4

edited August 2017 in General Charlton
Thought this one deserves it's own thread as it's looking promising! Said to have been to the training ground and we've put in a firm offer.

http://www.newsshopper.co.uk/sport/15274818.Exclusive__Charlton_make__firm__offer_to_sign_MK_Dons_star_amid_Sheffield_United_interest/

@BenReevo on twitter

Comments

• edited May 2017

Maybe I'm cynical, but read that as his agent trying to smoke a better offer out of Sheff Utd. rather than him declaring an undying love for Karl Robinson and Charlton. If he's that keen on moving to Charlton then he can just sign the deal, no need to say any of that guff to the press.

Think @Henry Irving said similar on the rumours threads, although I do agree!

Maybe reading too much into the terminology but to me a "firm offer" suggests there's some way to go before a deal is accepted/favourable.

When you then add the whole 'location isn't the most desirable' line I think it suggests that the only thing keeping him from signing for a championship team is more money to 'soften the blow' of moving t'up north!

Either way, I don't think Reeves' deal anywhere will be rapped up anytime soon!
  • Smart cookie that Henry Irving.

• Surely him and Holmes in the same midfield for league one is extremely good

yeah - almost on a par with JBG and JC .
  • Sponsored links:

• What do MK fans think of him?
  • Surely him and Holmes in the same midfield for Sheffield Utd is extremely good

corrected for you :-((

• Thanks mk fair assessment. Saw him in the cup at your place and he was great that night and scored a cracking goal. Wasn't he the one we were after in January but they upped the price as we had the lookman money.
  • CAFCTrev said:

Chances are we will get Reeves in, then let Holmesy go the next day.

this... the scrote wont learn.
  • Then Reeves will start off well then get injured, get rushed back too soon get injured again and so on and so forth. Same old predicatable crap.
  • CAFCTrev said:

Chances are we will get Reeves in, then announce that Holmesy has gone within the next five mins.

• Swisdom said:

Can't say I saw much in him this season against us however he does seem to be highly rated. We are light on shots from long range, our set pieces are often predictable or shit - or both.

What we need is players with intelligence. If you are not big or fast you need to be intelligent and make the most of what you have - for instance

Holmes is direct - not quick but he puts people on the back foot because he just goes at you as soon as he has the ball.
    Andy Reid was intelligent and could open a tin of tuna with his left peg. His mind was one step ahead and it enabled him to recover posession and set things up (slight tangent - I saw this quality in George Lapslie the other night)
    Sheringham's brain was quicker than most.
    Kermorgant has intelligence and despite being only 6' tall is imperious in the air.
    Lampard has incredible positional sense. Not quick or strong - just Johnny-on-the-spot

So much of the modern game relies on pace and power that sometimes you have to be a bit different to make an impact. Hopefully Reeves reading of the game can compliment some of our other strengths.

I know it's a big if but how would an attacking line-up of Magennis and Mavididi up front supplied by Holmes from one wing, Reeves behind the striker and A N Other decent winger. There are not many L1 teams on paper that wouldn't envy that sort of threat

KR doesn't want to play 442 even with a diamond though he relented this season when we were on that bad losing streak.

So one striker two winger and one no. 10
  • Ben Reeves - Goals, assists and skills 2013-2015

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZmXS26PNBA

Absolute class act.
  • Sponsored links:

• Very good compilation. He's got Roland's Charlton written all over him.....NOT
  • JordaJLD said:

Ben Reeves - Goals, assists and skills 2013-2015

Absolute class act.

Yeah. He's not coming to us!

His agent's quotes in the paper (on their website) that I saw this morning read like a 'come and get me' to any Championship club south of Luton. The gushing comments about Karl Robinson and his great relationship with him sounded like they want to ensure that to go somewhere else hey will need a better offer.

I suspect this will drag on and we will get more and more promising articles about it and then on the 3rd June (after the season ticket deadline) Reeves will sign for someone else (after we refuse to offer more money when we've been hinting that we might) and Holmes will be sold.

Call me cynical but not only does this lad look too good for this division, and certainly too good for a basket case like Charlton, but I can't see Holmes wanting to stay when a Championship club comes calling and we have a track record of selling our better players when their contracts start to run down.
    On his way to Millwall then if they win the play offs!!
  • JordaJLD said:

Ben Reeves - Goals, assists and skills 2013-2015

Absolute class act.

Yeah. He's not coming to us!

His agent's quotes in the paper (on their website) that I saw this morning read like a 'come and get me' to any Championship club south of Luton. The gushing comments about Karl Robinson and his great relationship with him sounded like they want to ensure that to go somewhere else hey will need a better offer.

I suspect this will drag on and we will get more and more promising articles about it and then on the 3rd June (after the season ticket deadline) Reeves will sign for someone else (after we refuse to offer more money when we've been hinting that we might) and Holmes will be sold.

Call me cynical but not only does this lad look too good for this division, and certainly too good for a basket case like Charlton, but I can't see Holmes wanting to stay when a Championship club comes calling and we have a track record of selling our better players when their contracts start to run down.
    On his way to Millwall then if they win the play offs!!
    Sadly with the Bosman rules that's quite likely. Either that or they are waiting for Sheff Utd to make a much better offer then he'll realise that Sheffield is not that far away, after all.
  • Oh dear, injury prone. Alarm bells ringings.
  • Just because I'm feeling generous (and he's probably heading your way anyway..), here are links to all 10 of Reeves' goals for us this season. Link is directly of the goal, not the whole game..

MK Dons 2 - 2 Barnet
    MK Dons 1 - 3 Bury
    Bury 0 - 2 MK Dons
    MK Dons 3 - 2 Spennymoor Town
    MK Dons 3 - 3 Bristol Rovers
    MK Dons 3 - 1 Charlton (sorry!)
    Millwall 2 - 1 MK Dons
    MK Dons 2 - 2 Rochdale
    Southend 1 - 2 MK Dons
    Walsall 1 - 4 MK Dons

only scores against crap teams
  • Just because I'm feeling generous (and he's probably heading your way anyway..), here are links to all 10 of Reeves' goals for us this season. Link is directly of the goal, not the whole game..

MK Dons 2 - 2 Barnet
    MK Dons 1 - 3 Bury
    Bury 0 - 2 MK Dons
    Millwall 2 - 1 MK Dons
    MK Dons 2 - 2 Rochdale
    Southend 1 - 2 MK Dons
    Walsall 1 - 4 MK Dons

It's L1 all the teams are crap.

MK Dons 2 - 2 Barnet
    MK Dons 1 - 3 Bury
    Bury 0 - 2 MK Dons
    Millwall 2 - 1 MK Dons
    MK Dons 2 - 2 Rochdale
    Southend 1 - 2 MK Dons
    Walsall 1 - 4 MK Dons

An improvement on what we have now then