Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Mike Kenning Interview With A Wolves Flavour For The Old Gits

Comments

• Options
    Thanks, Len.
    Really enjoyed reading that.

I see he remembers you fondly, saying, " .... and Len Glover, who was a particularly close friend.”

• Options
    Enjoyed that......thanks for posting.
  • Options
    Good to remember Mike Kenning. Had one of the hardest shots in the game.
  • Options
    Brilliant, thanks Len.
    Real fond memories of Mike Kenning.
  • Options
    Remember him playing left back at the valley, was a disaster.
  • Options
    Welly said:

We lost 0-5 I think and Firmani was sacked the next day.

• Options

Welly said:

We lost 0-5 I think and Firmani was sacked the next day.

Leicester City at home who went on to become champions.
    Around that time, a little earlier maybe, I remember beating Q.P.R. Away who were very decent at that time 4-1 with Kenning and Tracey scoring a brace each......ah the memories
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    Without doubt, together with Cliff Holton, he had the hardest shot I have ever seen..
    Cliff was of course a big fella, which pretty much explains his repeated hard shots but Mike wasn't, which made his ability to strike a ball so hard and with great regularity all the more extraordinary.
    Dead ball or from open play all players of both sides needed to watch out not to get in the way of one of his thunderbolts.....to say nothing of the fans behind the goals.
    Quite how he had this ability is somewhat mystifying, as looking at him there was nothing to suggest he had it in him to hit a ball so bloody hard!
    He was a damn good player too and you were always pleased to see his name on the team sheet.
  • Options
    Does anyone remember the goal he got away at QPR. I think it was about 1970 we were bottom of div 2 and QPR had only come down from Div1 the previous season. Went there with little expectation and a bit of hope. Mike got the ball wide left, almost out near the touch line but I think probably 20 yards from the dead line and hit a shot that flew in to the top right corner. I was at the opposite end of the ground and was never sure if it was a meant as a cross.

This was our blip for the season 0-4 I think at half time 1-4 final score. I was convinced this was our turning point, but of course not, its Charlton.