Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Banksy - Genius? Or over rated. CL Art Judges Decide

Just appeared in Dover, by the port.

Comments

• "Just appeared"
  • Wow , what a genius.
  • Anchor with a capital W
  • edited May 2017
    That is soooooooo cool!

Genius is not a good enough word for old Wanksy.
  • That is soooooooo cool!

Genius is not a good enough word for old Wanksy.

• WSS said:

"Just appeared"

• Banksy prints fetch £435,000 at auction

Genius? Well I reckon that's pretty clever.
    A millionaire graffiti artist? Got to be close to genius, over rated or not.

''Bonhams said it was "delighted" with the success of the auction and said it was a "clear demonstration of Banksy's importance as a figure at the heart of contemporary art with a thriving market and pan-global interest".
  • Sponsored links:

• the dover brexit one would be a lot better if the stars represented member states, unfortunately they don't so it doesn't really make sense
  • He's a genius, of course.
  • rina said:

the dover brexit one would be a lot better if the stars represented member states, unfortunately they don't so it doesn't really make sense

They used to though. Stopped when they thought anymore would make the flag look too crowded
  • Chizz said:

He's a genius, of course.

Ah praise indeed from CL's very own genius.

;)
  • He's a criminal, no different to drug dealers and murderers

You cannot be serious.
  • Sponsored links:

• Beauty is the eye etc......... I think the artwork, messages and mystique are very clever.

An awful lot of art is over priced. Rothko anyone? £70million. The wife did better with B&Q paint samples on the living room wall.

• Everything is art the debate is what constitutes GOOD art?

That tends to be 'in the eye of the beholder' and if that beholder is rich enough to spend a few (thousand) pounds then some contentious stuff can get a high profile many consider it may not deserve.

• ..er it's street art.
  • He has the subtlety of a plane crash, and that's coming from me
  • Leuth said:

He has the subtlety of a plane crash, and that's coming from me

Who's talking about subtlety?
  • I guess he makes unambiguous points, and he's largely fighting the good fight. Think his whole mystique is fairly laughable but maybe we need a Banksy, maybe we need someone to write it on a wall and get blogged about
  • edited May 2017

He's a criminal, no different to drug dealers and murderers

and nonces
  • I know him. Friend of a friend.