Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

**** STATBANK: END OF SEASON 2016/17 ****

Here it is the end of season report which reads rather like my school reports - could do better

Comments

• Great stuff, thank!

If only we could play Bristol Rovers every week!

A curious stat that the players with most yellow cards were all attacking ones
    Botaka 8, Holmes 7, Watt 7
  • Thanks Lancs :) Can we play Bristol Rovers every week?
    Impressive Holmes MOTM every 3 games! fingers crossed he isn't going anywhere!
    Stats don't actually seem as bad as the performances/ league position, lets just write off this season and hopefully we can kick on from the last 5 games and don't lose too many players.
  • Thanks very much LL!
  • Thanks @lancashire lad, you put an amazing amount of work into this every week and at the end of the season and I, like many others, always read and find it very interesting without thinking of all the effort it entails. Top, top work mate.

I think it is a reflection of our on and off the pitch malaise at present that fewer lifers are giving their marks (lower attendances of course) and also of the lower scores. I agree that our Ricky's average really ought to be higher but even his scores get a little depressed by the generally poor results and poor performances of the team around him.
  • That work is above and beyond LL.
    Very interesting reading.
  • Love reading this at the end of a season, even a bad one! Great effort Lancs.
  • edited May 2017
    Great stuff .

I'm shocked to see Botaka got 8 yellow cards.
  • It's interesting that of the 8 winners, half averaged less than 7 for the season, which shows how relatively poor we've been over the period, Racon was the ultimate "best of a bad bunch" winner!

I'm not sure how Solly ended up second after a pretty average season for him, I guess it's because he never has really bad games, whereas the players below him like Magennis had more star performances, but also more stinkers (Mag was very poor for his first few games after injury, Konsa dropped away at the end of the season)
  • Great stuff .

I'm shocked to see Botaka got 8 yellow cards.

I'm shocked to see Botaka had more than 8 appearances!
  • Sponsored links:

• Interesting to see the stats between Slade and Robinson and seeing Slade edge it, just.

So we've gone backwards, yet again.

Stunning stuff Lancs, thanks for compiling this.
  • Well done Lancs. Obviously a labour of love. Great to have an ongoing record. One day it might actually get better. Thanks for all your hard work - much appreciated.
  • Lancs can you do a pdf? It wont copy and paste as a whole document
  • Lancs can you do a pdf? It wont copy and paste as a whole document

I'll see what I can do tomorrow
  • edited May 2017
    Well done @lancashire lad a real labour of love especially over such a dire season but all these will assist us in decades to come I will ensure we have a pront out for the museum archives. Lets hope next seasons are a little more positive and thanks for all your efforts.
  • Fantastic stats.
    Are you paying attention Driesen?
    Hidden away amongst it all are comparatively decent marks for Dillon Phillips for the 8 times he played.
  • I had to read everything. Excellent stuff, @lancashire lad. We have only seriously outperformed teams in one key area over the last two seasons - yellow and red cards.
  • Well done Lancs.

Congratulations to Ricky Holmes for being Statbank player of the season. Also to Chris Solly for being runner up. That's runner up twice and winner twice in six seasons. That is some going.
  • Great stats, Lancs and thanks for all your hard work. Very interesting.

Botaka and Watt with 15 bookings between them. We won't be seeing the 'Wizard' again and I expect there'll be efforts to get Tony Watt out on loan.
  • Solly has done fantastically well in the last six years.
  • Sponsored links:

• BDL said:

Interesting to see the stats between Slade and Robinson and seeing Slade edge it, just.

So we've gone backwards, yet again.

Stunning stuff Lancs, thanks for compiling this.

No he didn't. Not in the one that matters anyway. Slade got 1.25 points per game, Robinson got 1.27 points. Marginal I agree but certainly not worse.
  • Very interesting but in the 'How did they do' section, there were only 45 games ?
  • Would it not have quicker to just write "We were pretty dreadful for most of the season"?
  • Much appreciated, Lancs. Always interesting reading.
  • And to think LL does all this from his bedroom in Thomas Driesen's mum's house and has never seen any of the players actually play.

Great stuff, must take hours fella.but always a fascinating read - especially the end of season one.
  • Very interesting but in the 'How did they do' section, there were only 45 games ?

Yes, it includes the MK Dons game...
  • Great job @lancashire lad

Perfect for the statto's amongst us.
  • If only the team had put in the effort that you do LL. Thanks for your hard work.
  • edited May 2017
    Great stuff Lancs

That last box is interesting
    Slade and Robinson almost identical
  • Croft came bottom of players with most game time and only 5th of next most selected. As a midfielder less than one foul a game yet KR has given him another year. I worry that we will replicte last season with a bunch of journeymen.