Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

MEMORY FROM GILLINGHAM

Underneath the photo was the comment .. 'perhaps there will be flying pigs next week at the Valley' ((:>)image

Comments

• Options
    not many lifers at Gillingham then ((:>)
  • Options
    I was there Lincs and it's something card should do at the valley next season if Roland is still here
  • Options
  • Options
  • Options

I was there Lincs and it's something card should do at the valley next season if Roland is still here

It's something we should do in St Truiden!
  • Options

Best away pub of the season -looking fwd to next season
  • Options
    Beardface said:

Which one belongs to Scally?
  • Options

You have me to thank for that!
  • Options
    Why did you buy a round?
  • Options

Was the pub standing then
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Not possible unfortunately. Too close to City Airport. Heavy controls over air traffic over the Valley.
  • Options

Was it open ?
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    Davo55 said:

Not possible unfortunately. Too close to City Airport. Heavy controls over air traffic over the Valley.
    But I'm guessing here.......... 'not' the case at St Truiden!
  • Options

Beardface said:

Which one belongs to Scally?
    All of 'em.
  • Options
    Davo55 said:

I thought there weren't any flights in and out of City Airport after 12pm (or 1pm) on a Saturday?
  • Options
    That's thanks to a generous lifer that one.

• Options
    Gillingham are gonna be in the news for all the wrong reasons shortly involving a big scandal along the lines of Adam Johnson
  • Options
    se9addick said:

Was it open ?
    I hear that Bolton boozer is under new management!
  • Options

Why did you buy a round?

Blackpool will vouch for that, photos were taken as evidence.
  • Options

Davo55 said:

Could be an issue as the Belgian Air force base is a mile or so down the road.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited May 2017
    Addickted said:

Davo55 said:

Could be an issue as the Belgian Air force base is a mile or so down the road.

the visiting/invading CARD crew are lucky they weren't strafed
  • Options

Davo55 said:

I thought there weren't any flights in and out of City Airport after 12pm (or 1pm) on a Saturday?
    Think you're correct but most likely wouldn't be allowed due to LHR traffic banking over the valley onto the final approach.
  • Options
    edited May 2017

Davo55 said:

Think you're correct but most likely wouldn't be allowed due to LHR traffic banking over the valley onto the final approach.
    Correct.

Believe me, CARD have looked at this each and every way. Controls extend to hot air balloons too. There is an exclusion corridor right along the Thames.

A larger, twin engine aircraft might be able to get permission but extremely expensive to hire those. Single engine, no chance.