Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Seating Complaint

I emailed da cloob just before 10am yesterday with a complaint about the seat I purchased for the Swindon game. To date I have not even had an acknowledgement of my compliant. How long is reasonable before I chase this up?

my complaint was as follows:

'Dear Sirs,

Please find attached a scanned copy of the ticket I purchased for Sunday's game against Swindon Town. Please also find attached three photos taken from that seat when sitting down. This seat was not advertised as having a restricted view and neither was it priced differently to the other seats in that block that do not have a restricted view. How can you justify selling this seat without mentioning that it has a restricted view and how can you justify selling it at the same price as the others in that block considering that it does have a restricted view?

Amongst all the other issues currently surrounding the Club and it's gross mismanagement I suppose I shouldn't be surprised that your 'customers' are treated with such distain.

Please can you tell me why this seat isn't sold as having a restricted view and in light of this how you can justify the price charged.

Kind regards'

Comments

• Our four seats in the West Stand were taken by some of the Women's team.

Forced to sit in the more expensive seats in the adjacent block.
  • While you are correct that it should be advertised and priced to reflect the restricted view it ain't as if there ain't plenty of spare seats.
  • At least this is what the club could say.
  • Where in the West Stand is that... It looks like your sitting on the stairs?
  • Depends on the complaints procedure, but i very much doubt you would get a response within 24 hours , which it looks like you expected? I'd imagine up to 5 working days for them to initially respond. actually deal with complaints could be up to 8 weeks but an acknowledgement should be sent maybe call them if nothing after a week.
  • I won 2 free tickets in a competition 2 seasons ago.

Guess which ones.

The club are well aware of the restricted view.
  • buckshee said:

While you are correct that it should be advertised and priced to reflect the restricted view it ain't as if there ain't plenty of spare seats.

point of principle though

Depends on the complaints procedure, but i very much doubt you would get a response within 24 hours , which it looks like you expected? I'd imagine up to 5 working days for them to initially respond. actually deal with complaints could be up to 8 weeks but an acknowledgement should be sent maybe call them if nothing after a week.

I expected an acknowledgement within 24 hours with a timescale as to when I would receive a reply to my complaint

Where in the West Stand is that... It looks like your sitting on the stairs?

no, it was an end of row seat to the right of directors box as looking at pitch, first row of the upper section
  • buckshee said:

While you are correct that it should be advertised and priced to reflect the restricted view it ain't as if there ain't plenty of spare seats.

point of principle though

Depends on the complaints procedure, but i very much doubt you would get a response within 24 hours , which it looks like you expected? I'd imagine up to 5 working days for them to initially respond. actually deal with complaints could be up to 8 weeks but an acknowledgement should be sent maybe call them if nothing after a week.

I expected an acknowledgement within 24 hours with a timescale as to when I would receive a reply to my complaint

Where in the West Stand is that... It looks like your sitting on the stairs?

no, it was an end of row seat to the right of directors box as looking at pitch, first row of the upper section
    What you expect and what the company procedures are could be two completely different things i'm afraid Large. Also my comments are on the assumption that they are semi up to date, so its probably unlikely too. The only thing i would suggest is calling them to find out what their Service level agreements are surrounding complaints, eg. how long do they get to respond? when will it be dealt with?

Good luck with it all though, hope they get back to you sooner rather then later!
  • Sponsored links:

• You'll probably get a generic response that is in no way related to your complaint.
  • Disdain.

The spelling police at the club told them not to bother replying to your letter.
  • Don't hold your breath. I sent a complaint in back in February and followed up with two reminders.

Silence.
  • Redrobo said:

Don't hold your breath. I sent a complaint in back in February and followed up with two reminders.

Silence.

Too few chips??
  • You'll probably get a generic response that is in no way related to your complaint.

Dear Mr Angry of Sidcup,

Thank you for your complaint.

As a direct response to your email, we will be looking into serving 3 bonus chips in every portion. New total, 19 chips per portion.

Wank you very much,

The Clooob
  • They've gone on holiday. They'll be back in August.

I'd give them 72 hours.

I presume your main complaint was having to get all the balloons over the barrier ?
  • I've often wondered how the club treated those seats, as there must be around 50-100 seats in the ground affected by the safety barriers at the bottom of staircases
  • I'd complain that it wasn't obstructing enough of my view!!!

Yeah they should be the dearest seats having to watch that shit most of the year
  • Sponsored links:

• I get the principle of the complaint, but also - unless you've got a party of about 400 you can still sit together in e.g. 1/2 rows behind?
  • I get the principle of the complaint, but also - unless you've got a party of about 400 you can still sit together in e.g. 1/2 rows behind?

Yes but that isn't the point. The seats you describe are the same price but with an unrestricted view. They should at least advertise them as having a restricted view, if you then decide to buy them anyway then you can have no complaint later.

Yes but that isn't the point. The seats you describe are the same price but with an unrestricted view. They should at least advertise them as having a restricted view, if you then decide to buy them anyway then you can have no complaint later.
    But if they sell it to you for a restricted view price, they'll need to employ another steward to stand next to you to make sure you don't leave it for an unrestricted view seat.
    No they won't, in the same way they don't employ a steward to watch for people switching from Block L to Block M in the West Upper (as an example as they are different price bands). The T&Cs on the ticket say you must sit in the sit shown on the front of the ticket. The club doesn't employ a steward per seat to ensure everybody is sitting in the correct seats.

If a seat has a restricted view it should be sold and priced as such, and if the purchaser then moves to another vacant seat the club can choose to enforce all seat movement in the ground if they so choose. The assumption by the club, which probably matches reality, is that the vast majority sit in the correct seats, and those that don't aren't causing loses to the club greater than the the additional stewarding costs required to ensure everybody is in their allocated seat.

But if they sell it to you for a restricted view price, they'll need to employ another steward to stand next to you to make sure you don't leave it for an unrestricted view seat.
    Most places here won't sell Restricted View or Standing Room Only until all the other seats are sold, to prevent people gaming the system.

That requires a level of competence that is way boyond our SMT.
  • These barriers go all the way along the West Stand, so when I ended up in the Directors Box as part of the 5 year VIP scheme, my seat was the equivalent of the one Large had but in the Directors Box.

Chris Parkes was behind me and arrange for us to sit at the back of the Directors Box. He did also say he was constantly telling the box office not to issue these seats.
  • edited May 2017
    The restricted view seats were logged and put into the system as such years ago by Dave Colgan, who ran the ticketing system at the time. Policy was to sell them £2 cheaper. I thought that was included in the club charter at the time, but I might be wrong. It's not there now.

It may be that somebody decided to change that policy in the last few years or that the restricted view designations were "lost" from the system when it was upgraded, but I think the reason for the reduced price was a legal one, which is unlikely to have changed. It's likely to be a regular problem if they are not identified on the system (several hundred are affected), but it could just be some of them.
  • WSA said:

Back in 2012 I had a similar issue and the Commercial Manager at that time responded to my email complaint in two hours having personally gone around to the East Stand to check the view. I was offered two complimentary tickets for a future game.

Times change eh!

'Hey boss, there's a bloke here complaining about the view he got from his seat'
    'Ungrateful shit, he should have closed his eyes and not watched the match, make him suffer for that, give him two tickets for another game, that'll teach him not to complain again'