Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Something is happening at Buck House

All the papers are reporting that the Queen called an emergency meeting during the night for all the staff to attend. It would seem a big announcement will be made sometime this afternoon......yay we are being taken over by HRH Liz with Charles as heads groundman.

Comments

• Didn't we have this a few months ago?
  • Coronation of Theresa May?
  • Staff going on zero hour contracts and minimum wage.
  • BBC correspondent says nothing to do with I'll health just a regular thing, happens at least once a year. We shall see.
  • Edward is going on strictly.
  • Edward is going on strictly.in the jungle

• 10AM announcement. Hopefully, we will have some good news.
  • Andrew is set to marry Kylie.
  • RD is buying Buck House
  • Sponsored links:

• HRH buying Charlton?
  • 10AM announcement. Hopefully, we will have some good news.

If there is an announcement planned it would indicate this is not one of the usual annual meetings. the palace have confirmed that it is nothing to do with the health of The Queen or Prince Philip so my guess would be abdication.
  • 3blokes said:

HRH buying Charlton?

Well we are based in a Royal Greenwich
  • bobmunro said:

10AM announcement. Hopefully, we will have some good news.

If there is an announcement planned it would indicate this is not one of the usual annual meetings. the palace have confirmed that it is nothing to do with the health of The Queen or Prince Philip so my guess would be abdication.
    Well if that is the case it will mean a coronation medal for the military and emergency services, I will end up looking like Gaddafi at this rate.
  • Heard they want to rename us Charles Athletic and move us to Windsor though.
  • Queen has decided to sell Buckingham Palace to Chelsea FC, so they can build their new ground there

She's moving into sheltered accommodation
  • Sponsored links:

• The butler left a floater in the royal toilet. Her majesty is not amused and wants to make an example of him in front of the nation.
  • Must be a bit rubbish to be so old that anytime you call a staff meeting people assume you might be dead.

I can't remember.

Surely someone is currently putting together a 'Roland Out' version of this....
  • Apparently the core services of the royal family are being outsourced to a call centre in Bangladesh while the HRH brand is to be franchised across China as a post-Brexit cost saving measure.
  • Got to be announcement of Harry's engagement to Meghan....
  • "A few years ago, everybody was saying we must have more leisure, everyone's working too much. Now that everybody's got more leisure time they are complaining they are unemployed. People don't seem to make up their minds what they want." A man of the people shares insight into the recession that gripped Britain in 1981.

Going to miss these sort of things
  • WSSWSS
    edited May 2017
    Duke of Edinburgh to retire from royal duties

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-39802636
  • edited May 2017
    Sky re-animated Eve Pollard to analyse it and looping the same footage of him talking cricket with a group of old chaps at Lords- 10 times in succession at the time of writing this.