Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Comments

• His parents are to blame not Stoke
  • And how would you know that from that article?
  • Despite being at stoke they were taking cash in hand from Liverpool along with trips to the ground/money for car repairs etc when Stoke were already paying for these private school fees.

• Pure greed from his parents, send him to a normal school if you can't afford private. You had that paid for and got too greedy.

• edited May 2017

Pure greed from his parents, send him to a normal school if you can't afford private. You had that paid for and got too greedy.

Not sure you can call getting free private school fees paid for greedy......they were given a once in a lifetime opportunity for their lad and took it.......and why not. I think most people would have done the same given the circumstances.
    Turned out it went sour and bit them in the arse.....shame all round......but surely not an act of greed.
  • Pure greed from his parents, send him to a normal school if you can't afford private. You had that paid for and got too greedy.

Not sure you can call getting free private school fees paid for greedy......they were given a once in a lifetime opportunity for their lad and took it.......and why not. I think most people would have done the same given the circumstances.
    Turned out it went sour and bit them in the arse.....shame all round......but surely not an act of greed.
    Those fees were already being paid for by Stoke, the parents took that cash in hand (which is the greedy part), which ended up jeopardising his school fees.
  • It sounds, to me, like the Dad was playing one club against the other for more and more money. He seems to have been unlucky to have been being 'clever' at just the wrong time as the rules changed and Stoke decided that they didn't want to pick up the school fees anymore and Liverpool pulled out because they were sailing a little close to the wind.

When one plays this game one always runs the risk of ending up with nothing.

I have had dealings with Private Schools and they don't mess about when it comes to school fees. Not only will they kick him out if his parents don't pay but they will, probably, also take him to court for payment of the fees including another term as the notice period.

I never amazes me just how greedy and stupid people can be. The money that Stoke were paying out was probably life changing for the boy and, if he was successful, his whole family. Now his Dad has quite possibly made it that no one will touch his son and his football career is over before it's even started.
  • Agree parents have messed up.

Difficult situation, but you have to respect both clubs and any dealings with a new club come after they have had official contact with the current club.

Stoke have great resources and it sounds like they had already made a huge commitment by paying for the boy's education. What more did the dad want?
  • DOC64 said:

Agree parents have messed up.

Difficult situation, but you have to respect both clubs and any dealings with a new club come after they have had official contact with the current club.

Stoke have great resources and it sounds like they had already made a huge commitment by paying for the boy's education. What more did the dad want?

A new exhaust.