Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Aaron Lennon...

Been detained under the Mental health Act. Concerns over his welfare.

How sad, hope he gets well soon

Comments

• Very Sad. Haven't seen the news anywhere.
  • Sad news.
  • Blimey.

Hopefully getting the support needed and gets well soon.
  • That is shit. Get well soon Aaron.
  • If I read correctly says a stress-related illness so hopefully with a little bit of care he will be ok.

Same thing happened with Kanye West earlier this year.
  • Wish him the fullest recovery, as soon as possible. Get well soon Aaron.
  • Get well soon AL
  • Hope he gets the support he needs and the press leave him alone.
  • Sponsored links:

• Get well soon . Been there and it's not nice.
  • Ah gutted to hear this, poor fella :(
  • Sad news. I hope he is getting the care he needs.
  • Just heard this on the radio. I really feel for him. He's got the added pressure of being in the public eye too.
  • Hope he gets the help he needs and comes out of it stronger, always liked him as a player.
  • Just heard this on the radio. I really feel for him. He's got the added pressure of being in the public eye too.

Sorry Arsenetatters - I unintentionally pressed lol

Get well soon Aaron.
  • Solidgone said:

Just heard this on the radio. I really feel for him. He's got the added pressure of being in the public eye too.

Get well soon Aaron.
    Solid you can re-press LOL to remove.
  • All the best, Aaron.

Mental illness is something that is still massively stigmatised, especially in men, and it's great to see an overwhelmingly positive/sympathetic response here and elsewhere.
  • Apparently bi-polar is quite common among professional footballers because one minute they're a god and the next they're shit. The highs of adulation and the lows of abuse from opposition fans and sometimes your own fans must be hard to take.
  • Sponsored links:

• Solidgone said:

Just heard this on the radio. I really feel for him. He's got the added pressure of being in the public eye too.

Get well soon Aaron.
    Solid you can re-press LOL to remove.
    Thanks Saga Lout - done
  • Always wondered why Levy dumped him so quickly. Thats fills in some of the blanks from back then.
  • JohnBoyUK said:

Always wondered why Levy dumped him so quickly. Thats fills in some of the blanks from back then.

Absolutely. See one of your employees struggling with personal problems so cast him off to become someone else's problem. Management at its best!!
  • In the article, Levy doesn't like the way he's behaving so tells him to sort himself out or go.

The issue is should the player do that or the club seek help for him?