Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Play-Offs 2016/17

With League One now completed the Play-Off games are now confirmed as:

Thursday 4th May 2017
Bradford City v Fleetwood Town
Millwall v Scunthorpe United

Sunday 7th May 2017
Fleetwood Town v Bradford City
Scunthorpe United v Millwall

With both matches starting at the same time on both days (7:45pm on the Thursday | 6:30pm on the Sunday), it clearly shows the Football League want League One done and dusted as soon as possible as usually the Play-Off matches are all held on separate days... In the other Leagues the situation is as follows:

Championship: Reading | Sheffield Wednesday | Huddersfield Town (Top Three Final Positions still to be confirmed) | Fulham
League Two: Luton Town | Exeter City ... The following teams still in contention: Carlisle United | Blackpool | Stevenage | Cambridge United | Colchester United | Wycombe Wanderers | Mansfield Town.

Predictions for Promotion from each League please?

Championship: Fulham
League One: Scunthorpe United
League Two: Luton Town

Comments

• edited April 2017
    Championship play off is so hard to call.

Championship: Reading
    League One: Fleetwood
    League Two: Luton

EDIT: Just went to put a bet on this and realised I'd backed the highest odds in the championship and league one so I obviously have no idea what I'm talking about. Put it on anyway though.
  • Never understood why they have to squeeze both semi final legs in so quickly, what with having both legs within a week of the season ending then have a 2 week gap to the final. After a long season, would it really make much difference if they gave the players more rest and had them on (for example) friday then tuesday?
  • Sheffield W
    Millwall
    Luton

I'll be at the second leg of Scunthorpe/Millwall and praying that my 'prediction' is oh so very very wrong ((:>)
  • With League One now completed the Play-Off games are now confirmed as:

Thursday 4th May 2017
    Bradford City v Fleetwood Town
    Millwall v Scunthorpe United

Sunday 7th May 2017
    Fleetwood Town v Bradford City
    Scunthorpe United v Millwall

With both matches starting at the same time on both days (7:45pm on the Thursday | 6:30pm on the Sunday), it clearly shows the Football League want League One done and dusted as soon as possible as usually the Play-Off matches are all held on separate days... In the other Leagues the situation is as follows:

Championship: Reading | Sheffield Wednesday | Huddersfield Town (Top Three Final Positions still to be confirmed) | Fulham
    League Two: Luton Town | Exeter City ... The following teams still in contention: Carlisle United | Blackpool | Stevenage | Cambridge United | Colchester United | Wycombe Wanderers | Mansfield Town.

Predictions for Promotion from each League please?

Championship: Fulham
    League One: Scunthorpe United
    League Two: Luton Town

This is how I would want it to end up ( though because of Tiago Ilori I wouldn't be too sad if Reading made it ).
  • Championship: Reading
    League 1: anyone but Mill
    League 2: would be good to see Blackpool or Luton come back up.

I'm going Reading in the vain hope that Yann gets them up but is surplus to requirements in the prem so gets to spend at least some of his last season in football at Charlton!
  • Scunny are in good form. I'm optimistic they'll knock Millwall out over the 2 legs.
  • Millwall are winning it nailed on. We all know it's happening.
  • Fulham have got the momentum in the Champ. Apart from that, no idea, but after Brexit and Trump it seems inevitable that Millwall will go up.
  • Sponsored links:

• At least we've got a London team to support in the play offs.

Scunthorpe is in London ?
  • So Millwall get Scunthorpe who are half the side they were in the Autumn and early winter, marvellous.
  • Millwall are not playing as well as they did last season when Gregory was on fire and they had Beevers leading the back line but this year's playoffs look weaker and its almost inevitable that they will get promoted one year if they keep making the top 6. They do have a habit of getting to Wembley pretty much every year (whether it be league or cup).

Fulham look nailed on for the championship. Can't see anyone beating them in their current form.
  • cfgs said:

So Millwall get Scunthorpe who are half the side they were in the Autumn and early winter, marvellous.

Scunthorpe came right back into form at the end of the regular season .. the games between the pair during the season ? .. Scunthorpe won 3-0 at home, Millwall won 3-1dahn the den .. so Scunny are ahead on aggregate .. it'll be a hell of a tie whatever
  • I'll go for Wednesday & Bradford.
  • Fulham & Bradford.
  • Have faith, lads.
  • Pretty hard for any CAFC fan to have faith right now BBW...
  • cfgs said:

So Millwall get Scunthorpe who are half the side they were in the Autumn and early winter, marvellous.

Scunthorpe came right back into form at the end of the regular season .. the games between the pair during the season ? .. Scunthorpe won 3-0 at home, Millwall won 3-1dahn the den .. so Scunny are ahead on aggregate .. it'll be a hell of a tie whatever
    Thanks for making me feel more positive but Millwall eventually win the playoffs and I feel even worse......I know who to blame ;)
  • Sponsored links:

• If we want to be promoted from this division we need Carlisle to come up.
  • cafctom said:

Millwall are winning it nailed on. We all know it's happening.

With Millwall it's always swings & roundabouts.

If they lose, you get the enjoyment of seeing them losing but then know that Charlton have to play them next season. Despite brave words there's capitulation on the pitch, crap refereeing, or an unexpected injury that leads to loss of 4 points minimum.

If Millwall win, then they are in the division above for the whole season but at least Charlton don't have to play them.

Millwall do have this habit of clinging on & squeezing through somehow. Somehow getting through to 6th place in the run off being a prime example. You can never count them out until the final whistle has blown.

We'll do our best to represent South London.

If we get past Scunthorpe then I'd like to play Fleetwood as opposed to Bradford. We recently lost 1-0 to Fleetwood but were by far the better side. Hopefully we'll be able to avenge that loss.

If all else fails then it could just be another good day out at Wembley.
  • Fulham 2/1
    Scunthorpe 7/2
    Exeter 11/4
    Tranmere 13/8

Simples ! Get on now

If we get past Scunthorpe then I'd like to play Fleetwood as opposed to Bradford. We recently lost 1-0 to Fleetwood but were by far the better side. Hopefully we'll be able to avenge that loss.

Another good day out at Wembley where you lot can all start fighting amongst yourselves on national TV again?
  • Looking forward to Thursday. Come on Scunny.
  • Burton AND Fleetwood in the Championship while we are in League 1?

We are a bigger club than Fleetwood and Burton put together.

As Greavsie say's "It's a funny old game!"

Another good day out at Wembley where you lot can all start fighting amongst yourselves on national TV again?
    Ouch.

Seems your lot has dabbled in the aforementioned dark art as well. Read something on here that fisticuffs were at dawn on Sunday, not to mention earlier in the season.

Let's blame West Ham.
    We have had the odd kerfuffle so I'm told this season.

However we have the brains to not do it on national TV and at the national stadium.

You are are pros as embarrassing yourself infront of the world.
  • edited May 2017

Pretty hard for any CAFC fan to have faith right now BBW...

Ouch.

Seems your lot has dabbled in the aforementioned dark art as well. Read something on here that fisticuffs were at dawn on Sunday, not to mention earlier in the season.

Let's blame West Ham.
    We have had the odd kerfuffle so I'm told this season.

However we have the brains to not do it on national TV and at the national stadium.

You are are pros as embarrassing yourself infront of the world.
    You you are are quite quite good good at at embarrassing emarrassing yourself yourself, it it would would seem seem.

You fighting each other is somehow different to other fans doing the same? Bless. It would be funny if there wasn't such a tragic element to the assertion.

You can embarrass yourself in the national stadium as well. Just got to get there first, eh?