Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Jimmy Seed Stand - Roland's Legacy?

So I kinda feel this is a subject that just can't be ignored anymore. KM's came out in saying the stand's unsafe, there's talk of asbestos in the roof. It's a known fact Tony Keohane has been speaking to architects involved with a stand design involving flats and Roland's already done this before. Thoughts? Don't get me wrong I think we can all agree the stand needs work but at the risk of Roland having a firm grip around the Valley with property too?

Comments

• edited April 2017
    The Jimmy Seed condominiums.

• It's hardly prime real estate sandwiched between a football stadium and council tower block.

Maybe not prime but the yellow toothed git would do it for a fiver profit.
  • Its not prime real estate by any means. But if you already own the land then anything you can sell or develop on it is just extra cash in the bank.
  • If you was going to buy an apartment in the Charlton area, would you choose a place attached to a football ground or a place by the O2?
  • Sponsored links:

• If he sells the club for say £25m leaving a £25m loss as a loan to the new owners he possibly covers that by savings on corporation tax somewhere within his group. That way he ends up with the Valley to develop as flats, hotel etc with a rented football pitch, for nothing if loans after lookman etc £50m

Probably that's full of holes but who knows!
  • Addickted said:

Would our flats come with their own fan sofa facing the pitch...
  • cafc999 said:

If you was going to buy an apartment in the Charlton area, would you choose a place attached to a football ground or a place by the O2?

£700000 at o2 or £350000 at Valley better question?
  • edited May 2017
    Tourettes induced comment sorry...

Cnuts!
  • Fiiish said:

Would you live in a block if flats run by the same regime as our stadium?

- building manager changes every month
    - residents referred to as customers
    - boiler system present but not connected to boiler
    - crap sofa in the communal area
    - CEO of holding company actually a failed lawyer with no experience of running a residential complex
    - advertising for flats involves couple dogging in car park
    - complainants referred to as vinegar pissers
    - Facebook group set up by friends of CEO to slander residents and to come over for weekly sausage rolls paid for by resident in exclusive Sycophants lounge.

£7.50 meal deal though
  • Fiiish said:

- CEO of holding company actually a failed lawyer with no experience of running a residential complex
    - Facebook group set up by friends of CEO to slander residents and to come over for weekly sausage rolls paid for by resident in exclusive Sycophants lounge.

Brilliant!
  • Fiiish said:

£7.50 meal deal though
    You'd starve to death on the portions though !
  • edited May 2017
    After the Q&A with KM yesterday I am now firmly of the opinion that the chances of RD developing flats at The Valley are far higher than him not.

To take OhhAhhs stance I would say 65% flats built, 25% not built, 10% they dig a trench but never get round to doing anything more.
  • Chizz said:

Addickted said:

Those flats would never sell at the Valley. Some of the windows face the pitch.
    I'd buy one of the flats and offer out the room as a corporate package on a matchday.
  • Sponsored links:

• I am indifferent about this potential development but there is a case for reducing The Valley's capacity to improve the atmosphere and (eventually) create excess demand for tickets.

At 27k our capacity is larger than seven current top flight clubs, and moreover if we got back there someday the TV money completely overwhelms the opportunity cost of selling a few thousand more tickets. In the meantime say 20k is perfectly adequate.
  • After the Q&A with KM yesterday I am now firmly of the opinion that the chances of RD developing flats at The Valley are far higher than him not.

To take OhhAhhs stance I would say 65% flats built, 25% not built, 10% they dig a trench but never get round to doing anything more.

They'll move a bit of soil and make a video about it every 2 days until they move the next bit of soil.
  • A good way to improve the atmosphere is something I have suggested before, make the North Lower a standing area.
  • seth plum said:

A good way to improve the atmosphere is something I have suggested before, make the North Lower a standing area.

Agreed - it is not suited for seating as the rake is too shallow and legroom almost nonexistent.
  • C_A_F_C said:

Will they count the residents in the attendance?

If you were a resident but boycotting, would you close the curtains?
  • Chizz said:

Addickted said:

Those flats would never sell at the Valley. Some of the windows face the pitch.
    I'd buy one of the flats and offer out the room as a corporate package on a matchday.
    Can I book it v Dartford 19/20 season please. ;)
  • redman said:

I am indifferent about this potential development but there is a case for reducing The Valley's capacity to improve the atmosphere and (eventually) create excess demand for tickets.

At 27k our capacity is larger than seven current top flight clubs, and moreover if we got back there someday the TV money completely overwhelms the opportunity cost of selling a few thousand more tickets. In the meantime say 20k is perfectly adequate.

This is the exact opposite of current top flight clubs who are looking at ways of increasing capacity. Short term opportunistic view
    Something to worry about when we get there which at this rate might not be in our lifetimes.
  • I am indifferent about this potential development but there is a case for reducing The Valley's capacity to improve the atmosphere and (eventually) create excess demand for tickets.

Possibly the worst idea since on a balmy August evening in 1888 in the village of Braunauam am Inn Austria, school teacher Alois Hitler turned to his wife Klara and said......"Fancy an early night luv?"
    Why?

If we built a new stadium from scratch it wouldn't be 27k capacity.