Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

If Carlsberg did crap stewarding......

As someone who works within the sporting world, there was absolutely no excuse for the level of stewarding and police at today's game. Notwithstanding the situation with ownership, matchday stewarding needs to be appropriate given all circumstances. Not only was today's actions by the club nothing less than antagonistic and incitful there should be a full investigation into the steward winding up the fans in lower north as he took his position and particularly another steward giving the finger to fans in the east.

Comments

• Don't forget the old bill forming a line along most of the length of the pitch. Why? To stop the east stand rushing the west? Or vice versa?

Clueless.
  • The bird wrestling the bloke with his daughter in front of the NL was hilarious

Wtf was she thinking. Ought to be nicked for assault.
    I noticed how, after a discussion with other stewards, she seemed to disappear just after that incident.
  • The bird wrestling the bloke with his daughter in front of the NL was hilarious

She lost the plot when he just carried on walking past her,looked like she was going to burst into tears as another steward took her away. OTT stewarding as usual and as mentioned,a right couple of plums winding fans up

And then giving it the big one after she had been mugged off by the whole stand. Silly bint.
  • seth plum said:

The police line was to stop it kicking off between Swindon and Charlton obviously, both sets of fans seemed up for it....in 1974.

So why did they form it down the middle of the pitch lengthways then?
  • Off_it said:

seth plum said:

The police line was to stop it kicking off between Swindon and Charlton obviously, both sets of fans seemed up for it....in 1974.

So why did they form it down the middle of the pitch lengthways then?
    Subtle undercover tactics innit.
  • Hasby123 said:

As someone who works within the sporting world, there was absolutely no excuse for the level of stewarding and police at today's game. Notwithstanding the situation with ownership, matchday stewarding needs to be appropriate given all circumstances. Not only was today's actions by the club nothing less than antagonistic and incitful there should be a full investigation into the steward winding up the fans in lower north as he took his position and particularly another steward giving the finger to fans in the east.

The finger? Checking for drugs?
  • Sponsored links:

• Hasby123 said:

The finger? Checking for drugs?
    free prostate test?
  • edited April 2017
    The blue coat steward in the east giving the finger and telling them to fuck off was particularly inspiring. Don't think he realised people were trying to watch the game through 20 stone of lard.
  • There was one giving it the big one in front of the North Lower as well. Right next to the goal.

And WTF was the arm stretching finger tip touching all about?
  • Don't know if this works but I filmed the incident on periscope...you can see the blonde steward losing her head completely

https://t.co/PfgA6xms6N

— Justin Robson (@ForADeadPoet) April 30, 2017

Wow, she really lost it ... and her colleagues knew it.
  • stonemuse said:

I wish I paid more attention prior to it because she was kicking out and throwing her arms at anyone who tried to run past, super aggressive. We all saw it in the F Block
  • stonemuse said:

I wish I paid more attention prior to it because she was kicking out and throwing her arms at anyone who tried to run past, super aggressive. We all saw it in the F Block
    Don't lose that video. Might be useful.
  • stonemuse said:

Don't lose that video. Might be useful.

If anyone knows how to save Periscope videos then please let me know, I doubt nothing will come of it but happy to share it if needed
  • Uboat said:

Surely you font have to be a genius you understand the psychology. The game was drifting quietly to nothing. Suddenly hundreds of stewards come flooding in and the atmosphere becomes more defiant. I honestly think everyone would have just gone home without their arrival.
    The ref blowing bang on 90 minutes was a bit weird too.

I think the Police were taking that view, they didn't seem that bothered what went on.
  • Sponsored links:

• She clearly isn't cut out for the job.
  • It was nice to see Bip Ling back and on the pitch.
  • Macronate said:

She clearly isn't cut out for the job.

lucky Moyes wasn't there .. he mighta give her a slap
  • edited April 2017
    1StevieG said:

The blue coat steward in the east giving the finger and telling them to fuck off was particularly inspiring. Don't think he realised people were trying to watch the game through 20 stone of lard.

The Jazzie B from Soul 2 Soul lookalike was a fine example of Centre Circle's stewards customer service. Heard him telling people to F Off, Wankers, middle finger signs to all and sundry in the East stand. The Cafc Supervisor who looked like Norman Collier did not want to know.

After enough complaints from a few fans, Old man Jazzie was asked to leave the pitch side and was throwing his arms around as he passed the Police Control Room.

What is it with wearing a blue steward jacket that turns them into a Mockney wannabe
  • Don't know if this works but I filmed the incident on periscope...you can see the blonde steward losing her head completely

https://t.co/PfgA6xms6N

— Justin Robson (@ForADeadPoet) April 30, 2017

I love the half-assed attempt by the police officer to prevent the lad getting past at just after 01:51.
  • There is a rumour going round that the female steward that hit out at the dad carrying their child, was arrested. I hope that's true, she deserved it.
  • Simon E said:

There is a rumour going round that the female steward that hit out at the dad carrying their child, was arrested. I hope that's true, she deserved it.

If she was not at least questioned, it would definitely be double standards.
  • edited May 2017
    This steward took a swing at one teenager and then manhandled another, who was just climbing over the barrier as hundreds had done by that stage, to the ground before the policeman pictured came along. I asked another policeman, who witnessed both assaults, if he was going to do anything. He agreed the steward had behaved excessively but said he had been ordered not to move, so could do nothing. All this as hundreds of people danced around behind him. In a fairness to the policeman pictured, after a couple of minutes he let the fan go and join in with the others.
  • Interesting...I saw a tweet yesterday of the very same policeman accusing him of aggressively pinning down a protested :/
  • Interesting...I saw a tweet yesterday of the very same policeman accusing him of aggressively pinning down a protested :/

This policeman did pile in but by that stage the steward was in complete over-reaction mode so it may have seemed to him that the fan was scrapping as opposed to trying to avoid an assault.