Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Sunderland relegated

Has Defoe put in a transfer request yet?

Comments

• Has Defoe put in a transfer request yet?

Do you think we should put in a bid?
  • Couldn't happen to a worse run club with a worse manager (and that does not include any statements he made to reporters).
  • Now you would think that Moyes would do absolutely everything he could to ensure that Sunderland went down fighting. But failing to score in 13 of their last 15 games would suggest that the team is not set up to score - as would the fact that, in the majority of those, they haven't conceded more than two goals.
  • a big club with fanatical support playing in a decent stadium and they are a complete failure and have been consistently for years and years .. proof that bad ownership and a terrible choice of managers are usually disasterous .. with their current playing staff, Sunderland will struggle next year even against the likes of Burton and whichever 'small' club comes up from our division
  • Amazing to think that a year ago Big Sam got the England job after turning their fortunes around.

Of the 3 relegated teams last season, only Newcastle bounced straight back, a similar ratio to the Championship 2016 relegated teams...
  • £100m in debt apparently, lost £33m last season.

More likely they'll be towards the bottom of the Champs next season rather than fighting to get back up.
  • SDAddick said:

Couldn't happen to a worse run club with a worse manager (and that does not include any statements he made to reporters).

He is the Eeyore of football managers.
  • From the day Moyes walked in and started to make his excuses for relegation straight away, they were doomed!! Used to quite rate him but since Man Utd, Spain and now this shower he's shown his true worth. And that's notwithstanding the fact that he's also a misogynistic, outdated, sexist slime ball!!
  • SDAddick said:

Couldn't happen to a worse run club with a worse manager (and that does not include any statements he made to reporters).

He is. It's absolutely awful. It's clear he got the United job because he was Lord Ferg's mate.

I always felt his time with Everton was vastly overrated. They sat deep, were organized, countered, and got a lot of crosses into the box. It's the Big Sam style of football. It's effective, and there's not "wrong way" to play the game, but that type of football has its limitations, which we've subsequently seen.

I'm sure he'll continue to get Prem jobs because that's how it works when you're British and have coached in the top flight, but he should be viewed alongside Big Sam and Tony Pulis as alright but very limited.
  • Sponsored links:

• Moyes saying that he 'can't commit to stay at Sunderland' .. geezer should be committed, to appear in court for impersonating a football manger
  • SDAddick said:

SDAddick said:

He is. It's absolutely awful. It's clear he got the United job because he was Lord Ferg's mate.

I always felt his time with Everton was vastly overrated. They sat deep, were organized, countered, and got a lot of crosses into the box. It's the Big Sam style of football. It's effective, and there's not "wrong way" to play the game, but that type of football has its limitations, which we've subsequently seen.

I'm sure he'll continue to get Prem jobs because that's how it works when you're British and have coached in the top flight, but he should be viewed alongside Big Sam and Tony Pulis as alright but very limited.
    Moyes is no Allardyce or Pulis, no way.
  • From the day Moyes walked in and started to make his excuses for relegation straight away, they were doomed!! Used to quite rate him but since Man Utd, Spain and now this shower he's shown his true worth. And that's notwithstanding the fact that he's also a misogynistic, outdated, sexist slime ball!!

FFS....who'd be a football manager with guys like you around?
  • Moyes got more credit for what he did at Everton than curbs got for what he did at Charlton.
    That's why man.utd gave him a chance.
    The reality is that curbs done a much better job than moyes.
    The irony is that curbs can't get another chance, i reckon he would done a better job at Sunderland than moyes.

Doesnt help though that out of all the Managers in England... Curbs is the one who has morales... i.e. Curbs is the only man who's been sacked in recent years and has taken the decision further to get justice - Because of that no club seems to want to touch him (I guess in case that happened again)

Others dont seem to care about their actual reputation and if they get sacked its a case of: "Oh another job will come along"
  • Moyes got more credit for what he did at Everton than curbs got for what he did at Charlton.
    That's why man.utd gave him a chance.
    The reality is that curbs done a much better job than moyes.
    The irony is that curbs can't get another chance, i reckon he would done a better job at Sunderland than moyes.

Doesnt help though that out of all the Managers in England... Curbs is the one who has morales... i.e. Curbs is the only man who's been sacked in recent years and has taken the decision further to get justice - Because of that no club seems to want to touch him (I guess in case that happened again)

Others dont seem to care about their actual reputation and if they get sacked its a case of: "Oh another job will come along"
    Totally agree

Ah, bless you!! A champion of the 'women know you place' brigade.

What he said in that interview was disgusting, outdated, crap and it's the real 'sinister' tinge to it that was really telling (when he thought the mic was off).

PS: At no point did I refer to him as a football manager either!! That would be doing a real disservice to football managers!!
  • edited April 2017

SDAddick said:

SDAddick said:

As in better or worse?

I don't have time right now, but later I'd like to go through and see how Moyes' teams finished compared to Allardyce's Bolton sides. I'd guess there is a fair amount of parity there. Also curious about the spend/success ratio. IIRC, neither spent much in terms of transfer fees, but paid relatively high wages (relatively to the time and their size/revenue).
  • SDAddick said:

SDAddick said:

SDAddick said:

I'd guess there is a fair amount of parody there.
    Parody? Explain.

• Sponsored links:

• edited April 2017

From the day Moyes walked in and started to make his excuses for relegation straight away, they were doomed!! Used to quite rate him but since Man Utd, Spain and now this shower he's shown his true worth. And that's notwithstanding the fact that he's also a misogynistic, outdated, sexist slime ball!!

What he said in that interview was disgusting, outdated, crap and it's the real 'sinister' tinge to it that was really telling (when he thought the mic was off).

PS: At no point did I refer to him as a football manager either!! That would be doing a real disservice to football managers!!
    Are you having a laugh mate.....when did I ever infer that I'm a member of the "women know your place brigade"......Jeeezuz Christ, talk about jumping to unfounded conclusions.
  • Redskin said:

SDAddick said:

SDAddick said:

SDAddick said:

I'd guess there is a fair amount of parody there.
    Parody? Explain.

*parity. Sorry, autocorrect.

Are you actually having a laugh or do you easily get upset?

Even the reporter never complained of sexism and actually accepted Moyes apology. It's the media who make up stories for their own agenda and it's people like you who fall for it!
  • About time those fuckers went, they've been scraping out of trouble for years!
  • With Aston Villa and Sunderland now gone it'll make the Premier League relegation battle interesting next season

Both sides have been playing chicken with the trap door for years now whilst none of the others really have... Maybe Palace?
  • Those stripey mugs will be bottom at Christmas and sack Big Sam.

Floppy Hair will then get Moyes in, who somehow will miraculously keep them up.
  • Davo55 said:

Sad for the Sunderland fans. I have everlasting respect and affection for them after the Play Off Final.

Been a long time coming though. Inevitable that they would go down sooner or later.

I went out to see a play today and was sat next to a couple of girls who were clearly together. Their accent was close to that of a real friend of mine and her mam who are/were maccams.

Turned out they came from just up the road to Sunderland and they remembered the play off final without me mentioning it.

Lot of respect for the maccams (not the club)