Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Holidays 2017

edited April 2017 in Not Sports Related
It's cold and being an addick can be hard work, so I thought I'd start a nice summer thread.

Where's everyone off to?

I am fortunate enough to be going to Tuscany (really looking forward to that) and Cuba (although we are other end from Havana (the missus picked the hotel).

The thing to Italy was last minute meaning our cottage by the sea in Happisburgh Norfolk is now available at Whitsun week, a couple of weeks left in July/August too - message me if interested, will offer Lifer discount.

Any tips on Tuscany or Cuba most welcome.

R

Comments

• Did Sandy Balls at Easter, Centre Pacs in the May half term, couple of weeks in Chiclana, Spain in August and possibly the canaries in the October half term. Got a few weekend trips sorted, Goodwood Revival, Arras, New Romney.
  • Isle of Man TT in June.

Prague-Graz-Budapest in August, including the Austrian MotoGP.
  • Your cottage is looking good @razil. I remember all the aggro you were having buying it! Bet it all seems worthwhile now. I'm loving the Charlton-themed fridge/freezer BTW!
  • Going back to Gozo with the family to show them where I lived for a couple of years, see old friends. will be strange not to see the Azure window there anymore
  • Paphos , Cyprus in August. Never been before
  • Going on a cruise for the first time (unless the Woolwich Ferry counts)
  • Amsterdam in June for a trance festival.

Cape Verde with my girlfriend in October for a weeks all inclusive.
  • If anyone is interested I have a mate with a lovely one bedroom apartment in central Albufeira with a spectacular ocean view available June, July and August all bar one week in each month. There's a sofa bed that would suit one adult or two kids too.

No holiday planned myself though.
  • Sponsored links:

• Having three weeks here, cannot wait..
    https://www.ownersdirect.co.uk/accommodation/p8090924

That looks terrific.
  • Currently in Tenerife. Murcia in July, then Andorra at Christmas.
  • Cruise from St Petersberg to Moscow in August. Hopefully a week in a cottage in the Peaks as well.
  • Paphos , Cyprus in August. Never been before

July for us, first time visit, sorry if there's any wine shortage.
  • Looking to go abroad beginning of September with a 7 month old. Anywhere people recommend with a baby? Warm weather etc.
  • Croatia in June. Cant wait.
  • Southern California for two and a half weeks in August. Centred round Orange County but going to Santa Barbara for a couple of nights. Not forgetting Universal and Disneyland for the kids
  • Mid West USA in late May .. then Spain in Late August
  • edited April 2017
    Off to Albufeira with the family in August and to catch up with my old mucker Algarveaddick.
  • Sponsored links:

• WSS said:

Looking to go abroad beginning of September with a 7 month old. Anywhere people recommend with a baby? Warm weather etc.

Not been there for a few years now but always found Menorca to be ideal for young kids.
  • Alcudia, Majorca 1st two weeks of August
  • Just had 4 nights on the Sunborn yacht hotel in Gibraltar and it was lovely for a bit R&R.
  • edited April 2017

Having three weeks here, cannot wait..

Looks perfect Mrs. B!! I use ownersdirect and HomeAway quite a lot and never been disappointed. May have a bit of this myself in the future.

Skiathos this year for the 3rd year on the bounce. Discovered it in 2015 and although I never usually go back to the same place, this island is like a magnet. It's incredible.
  • Having three weeks here, cannot wait..

Looks perfect Mrs. B!! I use ownersdirect and HomeAway quite a lot and never been disappointed. May have a bit of this myself in the future.

HomeAway owns ownersdirect (along with a whole list of other trading names) and have done for 10 years. In itself HomeAway is owned by Expedia. Expedia also owns over two hundred other web booking sites including, carrentals.com, ebookers, hotels.com, Trivago, Travelocity and Orbitz!
    Trivago markets itself as "the world's top hotel price comparison site". Makes you wonder doesn't it? It might be that there's just the one computer server out there giving us all those prices! Or perhaps it's all just Thomas Driesen, in his bedroom on a laptop.....
  • edited April 2017

Just had 4 nights on the Sunborn yacht hotel in Gibraltar and it was lovely for a bit R&R.

Yes it's a great place to stay and the location in Ocean Village is just about the best on the rock. The pool on the top deck could be bigger though!!

Out there in a few weeks on business but will mix a bit of pleasure while I'm there.
  • Went to Barbados for 3 weeks (Jan-Feb) and off to Spain for a month later in the year for our annual road trip into Europe.
  • Woolacombe in N Devon for a week in late July with the 3 tin lids. Hope the weather is good so they can spend a week on the beach & not in the Amusement Arcade
  • Cairngorm mountains in may for my sons first wild camp.
  • Going on a Eurocamp holiday south of Salou, Spain. Really looking forward to spending quality family time with Mrs justin20474 and the kids (daughter 20, son 17) as its sad to think that this will probably be our last family holiday together :(.