Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Consultation on new Southeastern franchise

This contains a proposal to route all Bexleyheath & Woolwich line services in and out of Cannon Street. No trains to/from Charing Cross or Victoria.

Please sign this petition.

https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/190894

Comments

• As long as they don't route them anywhere near the Sidcup line, I'm ok with it.
  • Done. Southeastern shouldn't even get through franchise.
  • I've signed.
  • Done. Southeastern shouldn't even get through franchise.

whoever gets the franchise will have to implement this
  • This blog is interesting in that the Cannon Street terminal is a red herring of a story to hide other issues the government and council are trying to get away with.

https://fromthemurkydepths.wordpress.com/2017/04/06/plans-to-send-southeastern-trains-only-to-cannon-street-a-deflection-from-other-issues/

But do sign the petition any way!
  • Another reminder that Mr. Grayling is a complete bast*rd.
  • The logic I think is that if you segregate trains onto separate lines, by getting rid of all the complicated flat junctions, you can then run more trains. It's one of the reasons why the Tube can operate a higher frequency on say the Victoria Line.

The massive disadvantage of course is sending lots of people to the wrong destination, and requiring a change.

• LuckyReds said:

Another reminder that Mr. Grayling is a complete bast*rd.

But a strong and stable one.
  • They are running shorter trains at the moment so every morning journey is carnage. Excuse being it doesn't stop at London Bridge. Any bets on whether when they do stop at London Bridge the trains will go back to a non-criminal length?

• It's cobblers to suggest it 'reduces delays' - it reduces the delays that the train company can be fined for, but increases the delays for everyone actually commuting. I can't get from Lewisham to Charlton by train now, because of similar 'streamlining' so what was a 7 minute train journey is now up to an hour on the bus, or I can DLR to Greenwich and train from there, which is about half an hour. So, either way, I'm delayed.

Lewisham is being touted as a 'major transport hub' but if the only place you can get to is Cannon Street, that's a problem - not everyone buying a microflat that is being thrown up skywards there wants to commute to CS. And forget having a job in SW London as the current Change at Waterloo will be gone.
  • Sponsored links:

• Missed It said:

TeslaGirl said:

It's cobblers to suggest it 'reduces delays' - it reduces the delays that the train company can be fined for, but increases the delays for everyone actually commuting. I can't get from Lewisham to Charlton by train now, because of similar 'streamlining' so what was a 7 minute train journey is now up to an hour on the bus, or I can DLR to Greenwich and train from there, which is about half an hour. So, either way, I'm delayed.

Lewisham is being touted as a 'major transport hub' but if the only place you can get to is Cannon Street, that's a problem - not everyone buying a microflat that is being thrown up skywards there wants to commute to CS. And forget having a job in SW London as the current Change at Waterloo will be gone.

It's the modern way of customer service. Everything is directed at making life cheaper and easier for the company instead of helping their actual customers.
    Like banks closing branches so that they can provide "better customer service"... :rage:
  • TeslaGirl said:

It's cobblers to suggest it 'reduces delays' - it reduces the delays that the train company can be fined for, but increases the delays for everyone actually commuting. I can't get from Lewisham to Charlton by train now, because of similar 'streamlining' so what was a 7 minute train journey is now up to an hour on the bus, or I can DLR to Greenwich and train from there, which is about half an hour. So, either way, I'm delayed.

You can still get to Charring Cross and Victoria from Lewisham.
  • Family friend is a train driver and says that word round the campfire is that the transport ministry want to get place like Lewisham Orpington etc as the major changing hubs rather than the main central London stations to alleviate strain in the coming decades
  • Family friend is a train driver and says that word round the campfire is that the transport ministry want to get place like Lewisham Orpington etc as the major changing hubs rather than the main central London stations to alleviate strain in the coming decades

I can see the sense in that. Living in Petts Wood, usually its quicker to get a fast train to Orpington then jump on the first train one stop back to Petts Wood rather than sit on the slow service via Grove Park. Would make sense for those wanting Victoria or Charing X to take one stop back to Orpington to change there then trains could use the fast tracks.

I'm a train driver and I've heard quite the contrary. They want the changes to be at London bridge. You can access all stations from there (except Victoria).
  • JohnBoyUK said:

Family friend is a train driver and says that word round the campfire is that the transport ministry want to get place like Lewisham Orpington etc as the major changing hubs rather than the main central London stations to alleviate strain in the coming decades

I can see the sense in that. Living in Petts Wood, usually its quicker to get a fast train to Orpington then jump on the first train one stop back to Petts Wood rather than sit on the slow service via Grove Park. Would make sense for those wanting Victoria or Charing X to take one stop back to Orpington to change there then trains could use the fast tracks.
    If this is the case, let's hope they staff Lewisham properly. If they keep the gormless numpties that work there now the whole place will shut down within the first hour of service.
  • Lewisham is fucked as it is, no way can you turn it into a hub station without completely rebuilding the whole thing, or adding platforms to the nearby track that currently​ bypasses the station, and calling it "New Lewisham" or something
  • Sponsored links:

• edited April 2017
    TeslaGirl said

But you won't be able to under the new franchise if Chris Grayling gets his way.
  • Crusty54 said:

TeslaGirl said

But you won't be able to under the new franchise if Chris Grayling gets his way.

Wasn't me that said that - error in blockquote I think? - I said that once Chris Grayling gets his way, anyone living in Lewisham and working in CX/ WE/ V or needing to change there is going to have either to change jobs, move house, or put up with very long commute.