Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton fan accused of punching Eagle sentenced today

DA9DA9
edited April 2017 in General Charlton
The judge this morning threw that charge out, but sentenced him to 20 months + 6 year ban for other offences, his Co defendant got 18 months + 6 year ban, two other Charlton defendants got suspended sentences, 3 year bans, unpaid work and £1000 costs each

Comments

• 20 months?????

jeez
  • Joke sentencing - no wonder our jails are overflowing.
  • 20 months?????

jeez

Depends on the seriousness of the 'other' 6 offence I guess.
  • If the Eagle punching is thrown out - what were the other offences?
  • DA9DA9
    edited April 2017
    I know them both well, I did expect a suspended at worst, but they both have previous, which wouldn't have helped their case.
  • edited April 2017
    WSS said:

If the Eagle punching is thrown out - what were the other offences?

Four men have been found guilty of football violence at Crystal Palace’s One cup against Charlton Athletic in September 2015.

All men pleaded guilty to their charges on March 31.

(Names removed) was found guilty of committing violent disorder in Clifton Road, prior to the game. Daniel Boylett, 36, and (Named removed), 32, of Glasbrook Road, Eltham, were also found guilty of violent disorder but in the ground at Selhurst Park, after fighting with stewards during the game. Boylett was also found guilty of criminal damage after punching Kayla, the eagle mascot used by Crystal Palace. (although this doesn't seem to be the case

(Name removed) 25, of Porthkerry Avenue, Welling, was found guilty of affray in Holmesdale Road, Croydon after the game. He was arrested after throwing weighted traffic cones towards Palace supporters.

All convictions took place on September 23.

A fifth man, (named removed), 48, of silver Streak Way, Strood, was found not guilty of violent disorder.

Detective Sergeant Andy Collin from Croydon police said: “Violence amongst supporters has no place in football; be it before, during or after a match.

“These convictions show that anyone who chooses to engage in violence, will be pursued by officers, arrested and placed before the courts to answer for their behaviour.”

The convicted men were bailed for sentencing at Croydon Crown Court on April 28.

http://www.bexleytimes.co.uk/news/crime-court/four-men-guilty-of-football-violence-at-crystal-palace-match-where-one-man-punched-eagle-mascot-1-4959435
  • DA9 said:

I know them both well, I did expect a suspended at worst, but they both have previous, which wouldn't have helped their case.

That'll be it then. I guess a non custodial last time didn't put them off doing it again, so what's the judge going to do?
  • Sponsored links:

• cafc-west said:

20 months?????

jeez

Depends on the seriousness of the 'other' 6 offence I guess.
    And previous!
  • What's the point of removing their names then posting a link to the exact same article which lists their names?

None but some people get annoyed if they see names on here and one of them was found not guilty anyway.
  • DA9 said:

That'll be it then. I guess a non custodial last time didn't put them off doing it again, so what's the judge going to do?
    Both done time before
  • edited April 2017
    What a &? of a judge!
  • edited April 2017
    And the Nigel that rushed onto the pitch and confronted his own players at half time got exactly what sentence

WSS said:

If the Eagle punching is thrown out - what were the other offences?

Detective Sergeant Andy Collin from Croydon police said: “Violence amongst supporters has no place in football; be it before, during or after a match.

“These convictions show that anyone who chooses to engage in violence, will be pursued by officers, arrested and placed before the courts to answer for their behaviour.”
    And the Nigel that rushed onto the pitch and confronted his own players at half time got exactly what sentence DS Collin?

http://www.croydonadvertiser.co.uk/crystal-palace-fan-who-ran-on-the-pitch-and-tried-to-punch-damien-delaney-avoids-football-ban/story-30215927-detail/story.html

• DA9 said:

DA9 said:

Both done time before
    Even more likely to get bird again then if it was for similar offences.
  • So it's now down to the club to decide what they do on top of this (if they want to do anything)?
  • edited April 2017
  • Sponsored links:

• Should have really punished them and forced them to listen to Karl Robinson talking for 15 minutes.
  • Should have really punished them and forced them to listen to Karl Robinson talking for 15 minutes.

That's what the Americans would call cruel and unusual.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!