Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

12th

Walsall's​ defeat to Port Vale tonight not only means Gillingham can still go down but a win V Swindon could lift us to the dizzee heights of 12th.

A drew between MKDons and Walsall on the final day will mean we can leap frog them both and so avoid our lowest league finish since 1974.

Comments

• If that happens, the deluded will be out in full swing defending the regime.....
  • edited April 2017
    Wish you could delete a post if you realise that what you've written has already been mentioned and thus makes you look an idiot!!
  • Wish you could delete a post if you realise that what you've written has already been mentioned and thus makes you look an idiot!!

Talk to me, what do you need
  • edited April 2017
    can get 10/1 on us top half finish with bet victor. that's double the odds of us to beat swindon and Walsall drawing
  • cabbles said:

If that happens, the deluded will be out in full swing defending the regime.....

This, some will see this as a successful season and something to build on next season.
  • Walsall's​ defeat to Port Vale tonight not only means Gillingham can still go down but a win V Swindon could lift us to the dizzee heights of 12th.

A drew between MKDons and Walsall on the final day will mean we can leap frog them both and so avoid our lowest league finish since 1974.

Is 12th the new 18th :smile:
  • edited April 2017
    More to the point there's an outside chance Gillingham will be relegated.

Charlton and Gillingham haven't met in the league in consecutive seasons since the 1930s.

1935 - Charlton promoted
    1975 - Charlton promoted
    1981 - Charlton promoted
    2010 - Gillingham relegated
    2017 - ?

That said, it's a tad more interesting as a fixture than Bury or Port Vale.

Most likely scenario is all three lose on the final day and Vale go down. They are all away but Gillingham have the easier fixture, at Northampton. Vale are at Fleetwood and Bury at Southend.
  • Nicholas said:

can get 10/1 on us top half finish with bet victor. that's double the odds of us to beat swindon and Walsall drawing

6/1 now
  • Sponsored links:

• edited April 2017
    clb74 said:

Nicholas said:

6/1 now
    I'm sure they will cancel the bet, however I tried my luck yesterday and put Charlton to finish top half, Charlton to beat Swindon and Walsall to be a draw, it accepted the treble at much larger odds. However if it comes in I reckon they wont pay me out.
  • edited April 2017

Walsall's​ defeat to Port Vale tonight not only means Gillingham can still go down but a win V Swindon could lift us to the dizzee heights of 12th.

Whoop-de-f***ing-do.
  • Nicholas said:

clb74 said:

Nicholas said:

6/1 now
    I'm sure they will cancel the bet, however I tried my luck yesterday and put Charlton to finish top half, Charlton to beat Swindon and Walsall to be a draw, it accepted the treble at much larger odds. However if it comes in I reckon they wont pay me out.
    Bookies can cancel a bet? On what grounds?
  • Uboat said:

Nicholas said:

clb74 said:

Nicholas said:

6/1 now
    In this case if Charlton win and wallsal draw , Charlton in top half.
    The bookies in this case shouldn't let Nicholas in the same bet allow top half finish .
    They should pay out because they've taken the bet.
    But they shouldn't be taking the bet
  • More to the point there's an outside chance Gillingham will be relegated.

Charlton and Gillingham haven't met in the league in consecutive seasons since the 1930s.

1935 - Charlton promoted
    1975 - Charlton promoted
    1981 - Charlton promoted
    2010 - Gillingham relegated
    2017 - ?

That said, it's a tad more interesting as a fixture than Bury or Port Vale.

Most likely scenario is all three lose on the final day and Vale go down. They are all away but Gillingham have the easier fixture, at Northampton. Vale are at Fleetwood and Bury at Southend.

Personally I hope Port Vale win at Fleetwood, as selfishly I really enjoyed the away game at Fleetwood and would like to go back again next season! Early autumn so we can see the Blackpool lights as well would be perfect!

• clb74 said:

Uboat said:

Nicholas said:

clb74 said:

Nicholas said:

6/1 now
    The bookies in this case shouldn't let Nicholas in the same bet allow top half finish .
    This. They shouldn't have accepted the bet. But if it comes in, I'm sure they will change the rules and make up some crap and cancel the bet and if it doesn't come in they will say nothing and take my money.
  • Nicholas said:

clb74 said:

Uboat said:

Nicholas said:

clb74 said:

Nicholas said:

6/1 now
    This. They shouldn't have accepted the bet. But if it comes in, I'm sure they will change the rules and make up some crap and cancel the bet and if it doesn't come in they will say nothing and take my money.
    So why did you do the bet? Aren't you effectively betting on them taking the bet?
  • Why wouldn't I, if they pay out its 60 odd to 1 if they dont i get my money back. if i lose i will never know. Worth the risk in my opinion
  • I hope they at least pay you for the double only, if not the 6/1

You deserve something
  • edited April 2017
    Unfortunately Twitter is full of examples of bookies worming their way out of bets that they were happy to accept but didn't fancy paying out on once they had won. Just last week a guy was denied something like an 8 grand win because the betting company claimed he had exceeded his deposit limit. I wouldn't put anything past them.

Edit: In fact it was even more than that.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.thesun.co.uk/news/3381202/gambler-wins-21700-paddy-power-wont-pay-out/amp/
  • Sponsored links:

• Bloody hell that is a disgrace.
  • Yep i saw that, bookies are a joke. Win/win for the bookies, still bet but dont know why sometimes when you hear of examples like the above. They screwed me over for £100 before, not sure why b365 so moved sites out of principle as they only gave me stake back and such a measly bet when i would stake £10 a week and often lose