Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Last Q&A of the season sunday: CAST - save the best to last

Comments

• I think you are all being very optimistic if you think the Lazy Liar can get to the Valley that early on a Sunday morning.
  • You could ask her why she apparently doesn't feel responsible or at least embarrassed for the demise of the club.
  • edited April 2017
    Ask do you have vinegar on your 10 chips?
  • IT_Andy said:

Ask do you vinegar on your 10 chips?

10! Have they reduced it again!!!

:wink:
  • stonemuse said:

IT_Andy said:

Ask do you vinegar on your 10 chips?

10! Have they reduced it again!!!

:wink:
    There was a significant increase in the use of vinegar so they had to factor this in to the overall margin.
  • Stig said:

Don't worry Lazy Daisy...

Surely that caption should say interpretative dance?
  • Sponsored links:

• What strategy has the club agreed with T20K to get the missing fans back?
    The drop in attendances should be discussed at length.
  • Stig said:

Surely that caption should say interpretative dance?
    Well yes but she wouldn't want her dancing to be misinterpretated.

However, should there be any ambiguity we must accept the onus is on those in attendance to recognise the benign and virtuous qualities of her choreography
  • Letter sent to KM in advance of next QandA

Dear Katrien,
    I attended the CASTrust QandA prior to the Southend game and asked if you should not consider resigning given that, as Chief Executive Officer of the club, you clearly bear a personal responsibility for the demise of the Club in many key areas over the course of the past three seasons.

I have now had the chance to reflect upon your reply. I was expecting to hear a robust defence of your record in administration of the Club but instead there was nothing from you other than that ‘it was my opinion’ (that you should resign). There was insufficient time within the confines of the QandA structure to list the full catalogue of failures which you have overseen which have of course been well documented elsewhere. However, when even a few of the most damaging were mentioned you seemingly reluctantly accepted responsibility (given that these were facts rather than opinions e.g. the club has been relegated under your stewardship, attendances have dropped alarmingly whilst you have been here). When faced with this reality you deflect away from your own culpability by the use of the term ‘of course we are responsible’ rather than accept that as CEO you are directly accountable for not only the day-to-day running of the Club but its long-term prosperity and its well-being whilst in your charge.

This reality is something you seem to struggle with and you continue to fail to recognise that your position carries with it the duty to act in the best interests of the Club. Instead, you appear always to abrogate your responsibilities and fall back on the simplistic argument that as Duchâtelet (or the major shareholder as you call him) pays the bills then you are duty bound to follow his every wish, thus performing not as a clear-thinking and progressive CEO should but in effect little more than a functionary and often reacting to criticism by citing misunderstandings or worse still refusing to accept that there is anything amiss, rather than demonstrating real leadership.

At a later stage in the Southend QandA you stated that for three years you had lived and breathed Charlton Athletic. Those sounded like hollow words and if they were true don’t you think you would have made a better job of being the CEO? The truth of the matter is that if you really had the best interests of the Club at heart you would resign so that somebody else can try to find a way forward for this Club and its fans. All you will ever be able to offer this Club are words - e.g. better tomorrows, more corners to be turned and new beginnings to be made. The reality is that you cannot hope to deliver and after three years you are taking the club backwards both on and off the field. I remain baffled that someone who is in possession of such a prestigious educational record, which has taken in not only the KU Leuven but also the Rene Descartes University and the UCL, should abandon so entirely any ability to think independently.

Your position is untenable and if you had any shred of decency or even basic business sense you would act in the best interests of all concerned (not least yourself) and remove yourself from this post to pursue a career elsewhere where your skills would be far better employed.

Thanks Coyote this is helpful as you highlight a number of things you put forward and responses.
  • It's a good letter, but we all know Daisy is chucking it straight in the bin.
  • Letter sent to KM in advance of next QandA

Dear Katrien,
    I attended the CASTrust QandA prior to the Southend game and asked if you should not consider resigning given that, as Chief Executive Officer of the club, you clearly bear a personal responsibility for the demise of the Club in many key areas over the course of the past three seasons.

I have now had the chance to reflect upon your reply. I was expecting to hear a robust defence of your record in administration of the Club but instead there was nothing from you other than that ‘it was my opinion’ (that you should resign). There was insufficient time within the confines of the QandA structure to list the full catalogue of failures which you have overseen which have of course been well documented elsewhere. However, when even a few of the most damaging were mentioned you seemingly reluctantly accepted responsibility (given that these were facts rather than opinions e.g. the club has been relegated under your stewardship, attendances have dropped alarmingly whilst you have been here). When faced with this reality you deflect away from your own culpability by the use of the term ‘of course we are responsible’ rather than accept that as CEO you are directly accountable for not only the day-to-day running of the Club but its long-term prosperity and its well-being whilst in your charge.

This reality is something you seem to struggle with and you continue to fail to recognise that your position carries with it the duty to act in the best interests of the Club. Instead, you appear always to abrogate your responsibilities and fall back on the simplistic argument that as Duchâtelet (or the major shareholder as you call him) pays the bills then you are duty bound to follow his every wish, thus performing not as a clear-thinking and progressive CEO should but in effect little more than a functionary and often reacting to criticism by citing misunderstandings or worse still refusing to accept that there is anything amiss, rather than demonstrating real leadership.

At a later stage in the Southend QandA you stated that for three years you had lived and breathed Charlton Athletic. Those sounded like hollow words and if they were true don’t you think you would have made a better job of being the CEO? The truth of the matter is that if you really had the best interests of the Club at heart you would resign so that somebody else can try to find a way forward for this Club and its fans. All you will ever be able to offer this Club are words - e.g. better tomorrows, more corners to be turned and new beginnings to be made. The reality is that you cannot hope to deliver and after three years you are taking the club backwards both on and off the field. I remain baffled that someone who is in possession of such a prestigious educational record, which has taken in not only the KU Leuven but also the Rene Descartes University and the UCL, should abandon so entirely any ability to think independently.

Your position is untenable and if you had any shred of decency or even basic business sense you would act in the best interests of all concerned (not least yourself) and remove yourself from this post to pursue a career elsewhere where your skills would be far better employed.

nope, drawn a blank there

• cabbles said:

Guarantee she'll deny saying she's said anything about the Jimmy Seed. If she does then the follow up needs to ask why we sent reps to Orient.

We know Keohane visited Orient last season or thereabouts, to see how they had developed their stadium.
    He accepted this, at a meeting I attended.

2 weeks ago at another meeting I attended. Meire said they had no plans to develop the Jimmy Seed Stand, as the management could only cope with one major project and that is the Training Ground (or words to that effect).
    LMFAO about the absurdity of this statement.
    I agree. When have they ever shown an ability to cope with one major project?
  • The question that I would love to ask if I got the chance would be

"Exactly what level of failure would be sufficient for you to believe your position to be untenable?"

alternatively you could just ask

Do you think if you had enough gerbils you could milk them and start up your own dairy?"
  • Sponsored links:

• edited April 2017
    There are so many questions, but I would really like to know why, seeing as we were not prolific in front of goal, we sold two of our top three goal scorers in January and didn't replace them with goalscorers? It would be good to get an insight on who is behind this?

There are similar cock ups in every window and village idiots would do better. I would like to know how this level of incompetence happens!
  • There are so many questions, but I would really like to know why, seeing as we were not prolific in front of goal, we sold two of our top three goal scorers in January and didn't replace them with goalscorers? It would be good to get an insight on who is behind this?

There are similar cock ups in every window and village idiots would do better. I would like to know how this level of incompetence happens!

We all know the answer though, Roland wants his money. Doesn't matter what's happening on the pitch - if there is any chance of cashing in a player, it is taken. Daisy is just there to sign the contracts.

By all means, try and ruin her Sunday morning but don't expect any sensible answers out of her.
  • For a while now I've been baffled as to why KM subjects herself to this situation. Whether it is her fault or the owner or both, the results show it is simply not working. Why not just accept it and move on to something different, rather than allowing herself to be continually criticized and disliked publicly by thousands. It surely can't be worth it, no matter how big the salary???

Because it ticks a box
  • Stig said:

That should win her a seat on the sofa ....... giggle giggle
  • Question for Richard Murray:
    Learned from mistakes etc, we' ve heard all that ad nauseam.
    What about learning from your successes, ie from Alan Curbishley? What did you learn from him about successful management, and how have you tried to implement it in conjunction with your fellow board members?
  • Question for Richard Murray:
    Learned from mistakes etc, we' ve heard all that ad nauseam.
    What about learning from your successes, ie from Alan Curbishley? What did you learn from him about successful management, and how have you tried to implement it in conjunction with your fellow board members?

He won't be there. He only turns up for East Kent Ostriches or Into the apologists and brown noses meetings.
  • cabbles said:

Guarantee she'll deny saying she's said anything about the Jimmy Seed. If she does then the follow up needs to ask why we sent reps to Orient.

We know Keohane visited Orient last season or thereabouts, to see how they had developed their stadium.
    He accepted this, at a meeting I attended.

2 weeks ago at another meeting I attended. Meire said they had no plans to develop the Jimmy Seed Stand, as the management could only cope with one major project and that is the Training Ground (or words to that effect).
    LMFAO about the absurdity of this statement.
    I agree. When have they ever shown an ability to cope with one major project?
    Perhaps that's been the process from the start. Nail building a training ground, then in 2020 focus on the jimmy seed stand, then by the time we're in the ACS Joma Kent county league premier division taking on the likes of Erith 147 sports in about 2025, they will finally be ready for the first team
  • Has your ranking as a famous Belgian improved with every appointment?

If only they could manage football clubs like they manage beer.