Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Graham Budd Auction House.....many Addicks items available 15th/16th May 2017.

edited April 2017 in General Charlton
Sorry, don't know how to do links.
Maybe someone can do one for me?
67 CAFC items available, programmes, pictures, autographs (including all 1947 Cup winners team) etc.
Think all our stuff is on the 16th.
Well worth a look!

Comments

• Anyone want to donate £15,000 to the museum so we can buy them all.

Sure we'll try for a few but just don't have the funds for all of them stuff we don't have.
  • edited April 2017
    The vast majority of those items appear to be the ones from Colin Cameron's collection which went on sale at Sotherbys 3/4 years ago.

Maybe the gentleman that was bidding and winning on most of those items has decided to sell on again.

One of the items I bid on and pushed him to an over the top price is back on there again. Won't say what one, but will certainly try again for it.
  • edited April 2017
    Some great stuff here.
  • some of those estimates look way too high to me
  • I've got the England v Ireland programme at The Valley, according to the batch of 4 at £500 - £700, it's worth about £125- £175.
  • some of those estimates look way too high to me

agree especially the post war items.
  • Go to the museum Ebay site , you can buy Charlton homes and aways for £2-3.
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/292087680536?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

• From the 1940's and 50's
  • Sponsored links:

• shirty5 said:

The vast majority of those items appear to be the ones from Colin Cameron's collection which went on sale at Sotherbys 3/4 years ago.

Maybe the gentleman that was bidding and winning on most of those items has decided to sell on again.

One of the items I bid on and pushed him to an over the top price is back on there again. Won't say what one, but will certainly try again for it.

I'm not sure if that is because the search brings up all the Charlton related items including those from previous sales.
  • I've got the England v Ireland programme at The Valley, according to the batch of 4 at £500 - £700, it's worth about £125- £175.

Do you mean the England Ireland programme is worth £125-£175 alone? I bloody hope so as I've got a near mint copy.

Do you mean the England Ireland programme is worth £125-£175 alone? I bloody hope so as I've got a near mint copy.
    Not sure, how much, just worked on it's in a batch of 4 programmes for £500-700.
  • shirty5 said:

I'm not sure if that is because the search brings up all the Charlton related items including those from previous sales.
    If you go to the site and search charlton there is a few programs

https://www.grahambuddauctions.co.uk/Sporting-Memorabilia-Day-Two/2017-05-18
  • I have those two War Cup programmes in mint condition. I paid no where near the £180 - £220 estimate for them. Those estimates are four or five times over the odds at the very least.
  • Lot's of great stuff....estimates waaaay to pricey for me....unless the lotto comes in.
  • edited April 2017
    Well......I assume if those prices are estimated then they would normally be well overpriced.....in which case they won't reflect the reserve price or anything like the final sale price........it's a bit like the Duchatalet selling us when you come to think of it!
    Ben, in answer to your question, they will surely be the items up for the auction in May as they have a current lot number.
  • Well......I assume if those prices are estimated then they would normally be well overpriced.....in which case they won't reflect the reserve price or anything like the final sale price........it's a bit like the Duchatalet selling us when you come to think of it!

De Klub is lot 42.

No reserve.

• edited April 2017

Well......I assume if those prices are estimated then they would normally be well overpriced.....in which case they won't reflect the reserve price or anything like the final sale price........it's a bit like the Duchatalet selling us when you come to think of it!
    Ben, in answer to your question, they will surely be the items up for the auction in May as they have a current lot number.

But they also have a hammer price so..

Lot 825
    An official photograph of Charlton Athletic in season 1907-08, ONLY THE CLUB'S THIRD SEASON AND SURE...

Estimate £400 - £600

Hammer Price: £1,100

I believe this was one of Colin Cameron's pictures
  • Sponsored links:

• I think Henry is correct; if you go to the auction catalogue https://issuu.com/auctiontechnologygroup/docs/graham_budd_15-16_may_catalogue_red?e=29151565/47456704 lot 825 is not the Charlton team picture.
  • If we are talking the amateur England v Ireland programme, check Ebay, you will be lucky to get £2.
  • edited April 2017
    Well confusion reigns I'm afraid!
    Having just phoned Graham Budd Auctions they are telling me there are only two CAFC related items available......some goalkeepers jerseys and some programmes!
    My apologies if I've misled you all.......have to say Budds method of listing things is very misleading.
    I didn't select archived items, I simply went to the May16th auction page and then selected search for Charlton Athletic and it came up with 67 items not mentioning that 65 of them were archived!
    Bloody ridiculous and very confusing if you ask me!
    It's as well you asked the question Ben.
  • I've been searching for the Good Friday programme v Aston Villa that my dad was watching while my mum was giving birth to me in St Alfege hospital. This thread got me browsing and just found it on Ebay and paid £13.
  • I've been searching for the Good Friday programme v Aston Villa that my dad was watching while my mum was giving birth to me in St Alfege hospital. This thread got me browsing and just found it on Ebay and paid £13.

That wasn't the one we lost 11-1 was it!

Sure we'll try for a few but just don't have the funds for all of them stuff we don't have.

@Henry Irving I could lend the museum some money if there's something particular you want to get.

@Henry Irving I could lend the museum some money if there's something particular you want to get.
    snap
  • thanks but we can't borrow money as we couldn't guarantee repayment.

We have a few quid in the bank and we raise funds in different ways.
  • thanks but we can't borrow money as we couldn't guarantee repayment.

We have a few quid in the bank and we raise funds in different ways.

That wasn't the one we lost 11-1 was it!
    What an omen that would have been, no long before that game I'm afraid, boring 1-1. He said it would have been more entertaining spending the afternoon in the hospital waiting room.