Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

NFL 2017/18

Comments

• sam3110 said:

sam3110 said:

Latest draft rumour: Panthers set to trade 1st, 2nd & 3rd round picks for no.2 overall from the 49ers.

All gone quiet on the Jimmy G trades, reckon amything will happen?
    Unlikely. Both Jimmy and Butler are cheap, and Belichek isn't afraid to let them walk st the end of their contracts. The Pats position is that they'll trade them if you offer a lot, but if you don't want to meet the price they are happy to keep them.
    That's what I thought, whack huge tags on them and see if anyone's stupid enough to go for it, and reassess the draft next year for a possible franchise QB when TB12 is a year older
    Regardless of what happens this season, I wouldn't be surprised if Belichek dumped Brady next year and went with Jimmy. 41 years old, Bill's not the sentimental type, and he's not afraid of letting someone go early, as opposed to waiting until you're stuck with a bad contract. Especially if he thinks JG can be an effective QB for the next 10 years.
  • Pretty sure it's only on sky sports but does anyone know of a free way to watch the draft Friday? Inevitably will be streams but never seem to find a good one.
  • I'll be watching it on a stream somewhere. If I find a good one I'll share.
  • I'll be watching it on a stream somewhere. If I find a good one I'll share.

Nice one, cheers. Will have a look myself but never seem to have any luck.
  • Just seen that CB Gareon Conley has just been accused of rape just a few days before the draft
  • Red_James said:

Just seen that CB Gareon Conley has just been accused of rape just a few days before the draft

From probable first round pick to potentially undrafted. No one will wanna touch him until they know more about what's happened.
  • Red_James said:

Just seen that CB Gareon Conley has just been accused of rape just a few days before the draft

From probable first round pick to potentially undrafted. No one will wanna touch him until they know more about what's happened.
    He'll be on the Cowboys soon enough...
  • Anyone know when tickets get released for the first games/has experience getting them?

I'm going to be in D.C. on the opening weekend and quite fancy catching Eagles @ Redskins - imagine that tickets will be pretty competitive!
  • Sponsored links:

• Red_James said:

He'll be on the Cowboys soon enough...
    If he's a good lad and is proved innocent then I have no objections to that... No arrests been made AFAIK.
  • Anyone know when tickets get released for the first games/has experience getting them?

I'm going to be in D.C. on the opening weekend and quite fancy catching Eagles @ Redskins - imagine that tickets will be pretty competitive!

I think you'll just need to keep an eye on their website. If they are anything like the Patriots, it's almost all season tickets, so there's not much to publically release. Try emailing them, explaining what you're doing. You might get lucky and they'll help you out. If you only want one you should be able to pick one up somewhere.
  • Trubisky at 1 gaining momentum among some expert mocks. Watson at 4 too.
  • Trubisky at 1 gaining momentum among some expert mocks. Watson at 4 too.

Trubisky the No1 pick?!? Crazy. But then Cleveland are just about stupid enough to do it!
  • Missed It said:

Trubisky at 1 gaining momentum among some expert mocks. Watson at 4 too.

Trubisky the No1 pick?!? Crazy. But then Cleveland are just about stupid enough to do it!
    Yep, crazy.
  • That takes the Lions off the list of non-represented teams on CL!

Left with Panthers, Rams, Cardinals, Jaguars, Titans and Texans.

Perfectly understandable that no one here has declared an interest in any of the except perhaps the Cards.
  • edited April 2017

I am hoping the Browns do not take anyone but Garrett with the 1st pick
  • Cleveland love a QB.....
  • MrOneLung said:

Cleveland love a QB.....

Should have taken Wentz last year....

• You wouldn't think Cleveland would be stupid enough to pick a guy first who has played eight ( I think) games. But, it is Cleveland.....
  • Sponsored links:

• Tend not to believe any rumour that goes in circulation today.
  • McCarron & 9th overall for 1st pick please Cleveland!

Welcome to the Queen City Myles..
  • You wouldn't think Cleveland would be stupid enough to pick a guy first who has played eight ( I think) games. But, it is Cleveland.....

I am sure they are stupid enough, following Charlton and Cleveland is quite depressing at times

• Most unpredictable draft in a while. It's gonna be a lot of fun to follow.
  • Most unpredictable draft in a while. It's gonna be a lot of fun to follow.

The only predictable thing is that whoever Cincinnati draft in the 1st round will be injured for the year
  • Plus a lot of the mock drafts have Trubisky going to Browns but with the 12th pick
  • Anyone get tickets for the Twickenham games? Cheaper tickets sold out so in an hour or so.
  • edited April 2017
    ChiAddick said:

Anyone get tickets for the Twickenham games? Cheaper tickets sold out so in an hour or so.

Yep, Browns v Vikings, thought I'll probably only get to go a few times in my life so went for more expensive ones. Cat 2 I think.
  • MrOneLung said:

Plus a lot of the mock drafts have Trubisky going to Browns but with the 12th pick

That makes a bit more sense, but it's a risky QB pick given the limited number of games he's played. Mind you, the Pats turned Matt Cessel into an NFL QB and I don't think he ever started a game at USC. He was backup to Palmer and Leinart, so it is possible.