Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Happy 70th Anniversary

Comments

• Anyone know anyone still alive today that went to the game? If they were old enough to remember be good to hear from those that were there. Guess you'd probably have to be 80 years and up
  • And if you know your history it's enough to make your ❤️ go whoooooooah.....
  • edited April 2017
    I had the opportunity to buy that medal (Bill Whitaker's), some years ago from a fella I was sitting next to at a Cambridge United away game, he was a Cambridge fan and was given the medal as security on a loan he made to Bill.
    I guess Bill fell on hard times, so the loan was never repaid......he of course played for and later managed Cambridge after leaving us.
    For me personally it's a huge regret that I never bought it.......instead I put him in touch with the Alwens as Heather was at that time toying with the idea of starting a museum........I believe they bought it and I'm guessing it's on loan to us via Roger and Heather.
  • I believe a anonymous generous/fruitcake fan bought most of the available medals and loaned them to the Club/Museum.
  • I believe a anonymous generous/fruitcake fan bought most of the available medals and loaned them to the Club/Museum.

He did. Very generous guy. Don't think he posts on CL though ; - )
  • Weirdly enough its the 10th anniversary of our relegation from the Premier League in a couple weeks.
  • League 1 who gives a fuck, we're Charlton Athletic and We've Won The Cup
  • Sponsored links:

• My father (who passed away last week) was there. Aged 7

Sorry for your loss mate.

My condolences. My late father was there too with my grandparents.
  • edited April 2017
    cabbles said:

Anyone know anyone still alive today that went to the game? If they were old enough to remember be good to hear from those that were there. Guess you'd probably have to be 80 years and up

Nolan, K - his first match.

My condolences
  • cabbles said:

Anyone know anyone still alive today that went to the game? If they were old enough to remember be good to hear from those that were there. Guess you'd probably have to be 80 years and up

cabbles said:

I thought he'd only just turned 70??
  • My dad's ticket:

Cup Final Ticket (1 of 1)

And an extract from his programme:

Cup Final Programme (1 of 1)

Sorry to hear your sad news. My Pa was there too. He died 2 years ago and I know this was a great day in his life.
  • Heard it on the wireless.........6 at the time, so was probably fiddling around with something else at the time , although remember hearing the noise and the excitement.

Sorry for your loss. Great he was there though R.I.P.

Sorry to hear your sad news. My Pa was there too. He died 2 years ago and I know this was a great day in his life.
    Am sure it was a great day for him. Sorry for your loss too.
  • Sponsored links:

• My Grandad went, said that it took him a little while to realise that Duffy had scored.

He said that he couldn't remember where he had put his ticket and programme but it was in the house somewhere. Practically tore the place apart when he passed away but never found them :(