Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Simon Clark

I hear Simon Clark is off. Was told Notts County, but it might have been Nottingham Forest.

Comments

• A shame, but not surprising if true.
  • Would be disappointing to see him leave to either really, but definitely would prefer forest to county.
  • Would be disappointing to see him leave to either really, but definitely would prefer forest to county.

We could be playing Forest next season
  • A " legacy" issue.

Shame but as predictable as night following day.

Reputation as a good coach who's been involved at different levels at Charlton and done well.
  • Why would he leave, we'll have the number one academy in the country :wink: a poke in the eye for Roland if he does go, for all the rhetoric about the academy it seems the guy at the top of that doesn't believe.....

Real shame, another good staff member leaves,
  • Rob7Lee said:

Why would he leave, we'll have the number one academy in the country :wink: a poke in the eye for Roland if he does go, for all the rhetoric about the academy it seems the guy at the top of that doesn't believe.....

He's not with the academy now. He was but he's been first team coach for a season or so.
  • No doubt O'Nomark has identified him as a subversive influence and not in keeping with current regieme thinking IE a good coach who is well respected and good at his job.

Can't have anyone not towing the party line.

"Failure through incompetence"
  • A " legacy" issue.

Shame but as predictable as night following day.

Reputation as a good coach who's been involved at different levels at Charlton and done well.

Why do they refer to him as a legacy issue as if he's crap? He's a good coach we should keep. Have they learned nothing since letting Nathan Jones go?
  • Sponsored links:

• On the OS Simon is listed as first team coach.
    I might be missing something here but Simon goes and Jacko steps up seems to be the thinking.
  • seth plum said:

On the OS Simon is listed as first team coach.
    I might be missing something here but Simon goes and Jacko steps up seems to be the thinking.

Lee Bowyer too, I think you'll find.
  • Rob7Lee said:

Why would he leave, we'll have the number one academy in the country :wink: a poke in the eye for Roland if he does go, for all the rhetoric about the academy it seems the guy at the top of that doesn't believe.....

He's not with the academy now. He was but he's been first team coach for a season or so.
    One of a set of three (and a half) for you to collect and keep forever ... or not.

Remind me why Barker was demoted from assistant manager again? Oh, that's right, they never said.
    Maybe it was to do with laying off/paying off Nugent, was the position 'made redundant'?
  • Simon has not been in the dugout since the new year, surplus to requirements, was for some games sitting on the west upper. I think is contract is up and currently living in Lincoln.
  • Congo Chris and Bowyer next year then?
  • Congo Chris and Bowyer next year then?

From the sounds of KR's interview it seemed like it'll be JJ and Bowyer.
  • why would he join in January to leave just four months later? And to Rotherham? And having worked with Robinson before it's not Robinson getting rid. With Clark going to I wonder if a change of owner is happening and this is clearing the decks. Just Robbo to go next.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited April 2017

Congo Chris and Bowyer next year then?

This makes little sense to me. Neither have any coaching experience. So it will be those two and COL. A combined 6ish months of coaching between them JJ and Bowyer, giving them both credit for coaching the second half of this season. Plus COL, who admittedly has some experience abroad, and 3-4 months here. I'm not convinced that Richie Barker was a world beater. Ditto Kevin Nugent before him, despite his record as manager. But I don't think that this is a move in the right direction.
  • SDAddick said:

This makes little sense to me. Neither have any coaching experience. So it will be those two and COL. A combined 6ish months of coaching between them JJ and Bowyer, giving them both credit for coaching the second half of this season. Plus COL, who admittedly has some experience abroad, and 3-4 months here. I'm not convinced that Richie Barker was a world beater. Ditto Kevin Nugent before him, despite his record as manager. But I don't think that this is a move in the right direction.
    I get your point about experience but I would feel much better if O'laughable was nowhere near the club!
  • SDAddick said:

I get your point about experience but I would feel much better if O'laughable was nowhere near the club!
    Of course. But I'm trying to deal in the realms of the possible. Bowyer doesn't exactly strike me as a "Yes Man", but I do worry that no one in the group has the experience to challenge Robinson, and I think every good coach or leader needs at least one person who can do that.
  • SDAddick said:

SDAddick said:

Of course. But I'm trying to deal in the realms of the possible. Bowyer doesn't exactly strike me as a "Yes Man", but I do worry that no one in the group has the experience to challenge Robinson, and I think every good coach or leader needs at least one person who can do that.
    That's what I liked about Barker and Nugent. They'd both been managers and you got the impression they would not be afraid to speak up.
  • We were told at a Bromley meeting by players that Simon Clark was popular with them and they enjoyed his sessions whereas the coach brought in by Roland just put cones out
  • Addickted said:

SDAddick said:

There's a rumour that Congo Chris has been sent packing back to Belgium as well.

Cantersaddick likes this!
  • Addickted said:

SDAddick said:

There's a rumour that Congo Chris has been sent packing back to Belgium as well.

So perhaps the £8 an hour temporary painter can put the cones out.
  • Addickted said:

SDAddick said:

I'm sure what you mean is Chris has decided to spend more time with his family but has found working at a great club like Charlton and with great coaches like Karl Robinson a great education which will stand him in great stead when he takes on his next role.
  • edited April 2017

Addickted said:

SDAddick said:

I'm sure what you mean is Chris has decided to spend more time with his family but has found working at a great club like Charlton and with great coaches like Karl Robinson a great education which will stand him in great stead when he takes on his next role as 'interim' head coach when Robinson is sacked in October.
    Fixed that for you.