Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Swindon relegation watch

Swindon will be relegated before they come to The Valley if...

Swindon lose at home to Scunthorpe AND Bury draw at home to Northampton OR Port Vale win at home to Bolton OR Port Vale win at Walsall on Tuesday
Swindon draw at home to Scunthorpe AND Bury beat Northampton AND Shrewsbury at least draw at home to Southend OR one of the previous two AND Port Vale take four points from their two games
Swindon beat Scunthorpe AND Bury beat Northampton AND Shrewsbury beat Southend AND Gillingham beat Fleetwood OR two of the previous three and Port Vale win both their matches

Realistically, Swindon are likely to be alive unless they lose to Scunthorpe, although they may need to improve their goal difference for it to be meaningful.

Comments

• Thanks, that's crystal.

I hope they've got it all to play for when we meet them.
  • Why does it matter seriously? no offence and thanks but only difference would be they might be more up for it f they need to get anything, we are playing for nothing
  • edited April 2017
    I think the point is that if the match is affected or delayed by protests of any kind this would be unfair on the club that gets relegated. If Swindon have not been relegated by the time of the last match the Football League will take a very dim view if Charlton allow the match to be disrupted.
  • I think the point is that if the match is affected or delayed by protests of any kind this would be unfair on the club that gets relegated. If Swindon have not been relegated by the time of the last match the Football League will take a very dim view if Charlton allow the match to be disrupted.

Perhaps the football league should do something about the way clubs are being run.
    Far too sensible for them to even contemplate.
  • I think the point is that if the match is affected or delayed by protests of any kind this would be unfair on the club that gets relegated. If Swindon have not been relegated by the time of the last match the Football League will take a very dim view if Charlton allow the match to be disrupted.

It will also affect the mood of the Swindon fans. If they could stay up, they'll be concentrating on their team getting 3 points, and thus not interested in our protests.
  • Stuff the moonrakers
  • Never forgive them for the Nicky Bailey penalty playoff game

That would be a shame wouldn't it
  • Realistically Swindon will be down so the game will be meaningless. I'm sure there will be protests - all legal and above board of course! Problem is just how many fans will be going? If we were in the Championship maybe 12-13,000 would be attending, making any protests more effective. However, with the gate of maybe 5-6,000 'customers' the visual impact - especially for the media - will be much less. Normally I would make the effort to go to the last game of the season but I will be in the States. Besides, it's an opportunity to show your appreciation for the efforts of the players / management for the season. Even if I were going I would find it a little difficult to applaud some of the people who've worn the shirt this season (there are a few exceptions which to most Lifers will be patently obvious). Question: can I really take another season like the last few? Hand on heart no. Only thing that will make me change my mind will be if the Belgian and his gang have gone but I won't be holding my breath!
  • Sponsored links:

• Can Ajose play against us?
  • From what I've seen of him they could have 10 Ajose's - wouldn't make any difference! But no, I doubt it.
  • I guess Swindon are currently down seeing they're losing with Bury winning and Port Vale drawing?
  • I guess Swindon are currently down seeing they're losing with Bury winning and Port Vale drawing?

Yep i can hear the fat lady singing
  • If they're down today, would be good to get next weeks game severely delayed or abandoned!
  • Losing 0-1 to Scunny at half time
  • Sounds like next Saturday could be a snooze in the sun.. . . oh I forgot about the protests. Surely, anything (legal) goes?
    Pity the season is coming to and end, just when we are in promotion form!
  • Swindon 2 Scunthorpe 1 ,50years ago today.22 April 1967
  • Sponsored links:

• I would like a Swindon relegation watch, it will go well with the Millwall relegation watch I got a few years ago.
  • Port Vale survive to fight another day by beating Walsall 0-1 (Chris Eagles scored winner in 85th minute), squeky bum time at Gillingham and Bury.
  • Dansk_Red said:

Port Vale survive to fight another day by beating Walsall 0-1 (Chris Eagles scored winner in 85th minute), squeky bum time at Gillingham and Bury.

Fleetwood v Port Vale
    Northampton v Gillingham
    Southend v Bury

Port Vale are still down... They'll have to beat Fleetwood as a draw will need Gillingham to lose by five - Bury though are safe I reckon

At the other end of the table though I wouldnt like to call the Play-Off winners (same with League Two) i.e. In the Championship; Fulham are easily the form side so will surely be the favourites if they secure their spot - Yet League One though there is NO ONE out of the current four teams that appear to be in stella form