Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

PFA League one team of the year

edited April 2017 in General Charlton
The PFA League One Team of the Year

Goalkeeper: Simon Moore (Sheffield United)

Defenders: Kieron Freeman (Sheffield United), Mark Beevers (Bolton Wanderers), David Wheater (Bolton Wanderers), James Meredith (Bradford City)

Midfielders: Mark Duffy (Sheffield United), John Fleck (Sheffield United), Josh Morris (Scunthorpe United), Erhun Oztumer (Walsall)

Forwards: Billy Sharp (Sheffield United), James Vaughan (Bury)

What a surprise, no Charlton players

Comments

• That looks like a bog standard average side. We have seriously under-performed this year.

Did we have better?
  • edited April 2017

That looks like a bog standard average side. We have seriously under-performed this year.

Did we have better?
    That's not what I meant - I dont think any CAFC player should be near being named in that team. On paper, I think our players should have the potential to play much better than they have shown this season. Players like Jason Pearce, Patrick Bauer, Jorge Texeira, Declan Rudd, Nicky Ajose (based on last season in this league), Tony Watt, Nathan Byrne, Ricky Holmes............

They are not in that team (rightfully so) because they performed well below the level they are capable of.
  • I expect Fraeye could get that team relegated
  • Call me a vowelist but all of the defenders have 2 'e's in their surname.

The keeper has double 'o'.

2 running consonants in two of the midfielders' surnames and two 'a's in one of the forwards.

Dodgy as f***
  • Macronate said:

Call me a vowelist but all of the defenders have 2 'e's in their surname.

2 running consonants in two of the midfielders' surnames and two 'a's in one of the forwards.

Dodgy as f***

• ross1 said:

The PFA League One Team of the Year

Goalkeeper: Simon Moore (Sheffield United)

Defenders: Kieron Freeman (Sheffield United), Mark Beevers (Bolton Wanderers), David Wheater (Bolton Wanderers), James Meredith (Bradford City)

Midfielders: Mark Duffy (Sheffield United), John Fleck (Sheffield United), Josh Morris (Scunthorpe United), Erhun Oztumer (Walsall)

Forwards: Billy Sharp (Sheffield United), James Vaughan (Bury)

What a surprise, no Charlton players

Very harsh on Novak.
  • Oztumer must be one hell of a player to get ahead of Holmes
  • Sponsored links:

• Missed It said:

You'd struggle to find 11 Charlton players worth including in a Charlton team of the year!

Totally agree, Powell's championship winning team would however beat that PFA team.
  • That looks like a bog standard average side. We have seriously under-performed this year.

This year was one of the weakest league ones for a long time which makes it even more embarrassing that we couldn't even make the top half.

The division will be tougher next year with decent sized clubs like Donny, Plymouth and Portsmouth coming up and one of either Blackburn/Birmingham/Forest coming down with Wigan & Rotherham.

Ricky Holmes would have been the only one with a sniff of a chance .
    And Lookman if he had stayed the whole season
  • How can you have that cheating c*** John Fleck in there?
  • Had Lookman stayed for the season, he might have got in.
  • Macronate said:

Call me a vowelist but all of the defenders have 2 'e's in their surname.

Dodgy as f***

If you take every third letter it tells you where to find Elvis.

If only Charlton had a chance to look at Oztumer
  • Think we were linked with both Moore and Duffy last summer.
  • Daisy, Thomas. You don't need that new recruitment fella. What was his name? Steve?

Get rid of him. This is your scouting for next year sorted. Done.

Charlton and Hamlet product and yes he is.
  • Sponsored links:

• Champions Hull City have four players named in the League One team of the year - defenders Lewis Coyle and Callum Elder, midfielder George Honeyman and forward Mallik Wilks, who scored 19 goals and assisted eight more.

Only 31-goal top scorer Jonson Clarke-Harris made it in for runners-up Peterborough, with goalkeeper Glenn Maxwell the sole representative from play-off victors Blackpool.

Sunderland pair Aiden McGeady and Charlie Wyke, Lincoln duo Lewis Montsma and Jorge Grant and Oxford United centre-back Rob Atkinson make up the rest of the side.

PFA League One team of the year

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/57345692

• 21/22 PFA League 1 team of the year

Bazunu (Portsmouth), Darling (MK Dons), Whatmough (Wigan), Ihiekwe (Rotherham), Santos (Bolton), Bannan (Sheff Wed), Twine (MK Dons), Brannagan (Oxford), Stockton (Morecambe), Stewart (Sunderland), Keane (Wigan).
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/61736732
  • That must be a clone of the McGready we had on loan