Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Favourite chants at Charlton games

Still one of my favourites is "Dennis in the last minute" at Palace when we won 1-0. The slogan appears on the wall of a pub in Chiang Mai, Thailand, where, I should add, you are invited to write things on the wall.

One of the most obscure was a small group of Hereford supporters who sang "At least we own the corner flags" when we won 2-0 at Hereford in the League Cup. We were without a ground at the time, to be fair, even though I suspect we did own the corner flags.

There must be many more.

Comments

• Get out of our club.
  • 'Katrien is a s........'
  • Ham and cheese
  • Mars bars beanos and.....
  • Show me the way to go home, I'm tired and I wanna go to bed

We had a lovely ground a couple of seasons ago, now we got this shit instead

Wherever I may roam the Valley is my home

Show me the way to go home

Charlton, Charlton, Charlton

Etc etc
  • Favourite song? Don't laugh, I like Whitney Houston
  • It's simple and silly but I laughed most at "Get your handbag out the goal", which was directed at some no-mark goalkeeper in a pre-season friendly in the mid-90s. The ref promptly told the keeper in question to move his little bag away from the goal line.
  • You're not singing anymore
  • We play all our games away
  • Sponsored links:

• Back To The Valley
  • a team of Kermorgants

we've got 2 Sodje's

how sh*t must you be, we're winning at home

and the one that always puts a smile of my face is "can we play you every week" at the Coventry fans in the Cup game at their place, after they had sung it to us after 20 mins as they led 2-0........
  • Liked 'my shed is bigger than this' away at Brentford.
  • Sung during the miners strike at places like Barnsley... "He's only a poor little miner, who should be at work down the shaft. He's not digging coal, cos he's on the dole, McGregor has had the last laugh"

Looking back, it wasn't that funny but thought it was at the time.
  • 'we've got more stands than you' followed by 'you've got more grass than us' away at Oxford in the FA cup a few years ago during that season we played in a mudbath
  • We'll never play you again

At Palace when Goldberg took them to the brink

We filled the Arthur Wait that day

Last minute winner by Kitson from memory

Sadly we were wrong
  • A long while ago, 1967, in fact, we beat Portsmouth 4-1 on a wet Tuesday night. Everyone huddled into the Covered End as it was peeing down. At the time, Portsmouth were undefeated and the chant of "Who's undefeated" echoed around the Covered End. It sticks in my memory!
  • edited April 2017
    "Bounce in a minute, We're gonna bounce in a minute, bounce in a minute......."

And the classic Goodbye Horse....
  • Sponsored links:

• This is a great thread by the way.

Far better than the political thread
  • In the (insert northern team's name) slums

In the (insert northern team's name) slums

They search through the dustbins for something to eat

They find a dead cat and think it's a treat

Terrible really given it was the 80's and it was grim oop north ....... did wind them up thou ;-)
  • Wheres your Mrs gone....think it was aimed at Paul Robinson in goal for Spurs in the week he was caught playing away from home. Made me chuckle anyway

Terrible really given it was the 80's and it was grim oop north ....... did wind them up thou ;-)

And how is that different from now?
  • I'm quite fond of "we pay your benefit"

And how is that different from now?
    On reflection - yeah fair cop !!!
  • "We all agree, milk turns faster than Marriner...."